CA - Special ed teacher charged w/cruelty, assault; 8 others placed on leave

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by wfgodot, Feb 10, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Alexia Bogdis, California Special Education Teacher, Probed For Child Abuse; 8 School Workers On Leave (huffingtonpost.com)
    the rest of the AP story, w/video, at link above

2. Loading...

3. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

This incident makes me tremendously sad as I have nine children who were Special Ed students. Those of us with children who have physical, mental health, developmental and/or behavioral challenges struggle daily with worry about the safety of our children. When these kids are abused or mistreated in any way, they often cannot or hesitate to report the abuse. They can so easily be victimized due to their vulnerabilities.

It sounds like this teacher must have reached her breaking point. I surely understand how frustrating teaching can be--especially teaching special needs children. But, she had NO business working in this field if she was resorting to physical abuse of the children.

My heart goes out to the kids as they will now have to learn how to trust again. That's not easy.

4. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

March 2013:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_22744129/charges-dropped-redwood-city-teacher-abuse-case

5. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

April 2013:

http://www.smdailyjournal.com/artic...acher-aides-sued-over-abuse-case/1769108.html