CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

I am following this thread. I am Praying for Stacey to be found. How did she leave her home with no car and can't walk ?

Where did she use her ATM card? How did she get there?

Thanks for the map. It looks like Lewiston Lake is more a river that flows into a larger lake?? It appears to be shallow in spots f rlowing towards the dam. Since I'm a newbie, just wondering if drones are used in searches with such a large area to cover. It's pretty wooded, but I would think it would useful in scanning the river banks quickly. Do we know anything about the boyfriend?

We know zero about the BF.

I am following this thread. I am Praying for Stacey to be found. How did she leave her home with no car and can't walk ?

Thanks for following. :) Cars that she would have used aren't missing. So that probably means someone took her somewhere.

From what I understand, they don't know.

But they have their suspicions. We just can't go there yet.

Where did she use her ATM card? How did she get there?

The ATM question is one of the list of questions we hope her daughter can answer when she gets verified.

Thanks for the map. It looks like Lewiston Lake is more a river that flows into a larger lake?? It appears to be shallow in spots f rlowing towards the dam. Since I'm a newbie, just wondering if drones are used in searches with such a large area to cover. It's pretty wooded, but I would think it would useful in scanning the river banks quickly. Do we know anything about the boyfriend?

The Trinity River is dammed to make Lewiston Lake (a reservoir according to google). The larger lake is Trinity Lake. Drones are often used and would be a good idea. I believe the first search involved using boats to search the river banks for any sign of someone slipping into the lake. I'm not sure if they covered the shallow spots.

We know zero about the BF.

Zero we can say...so far. Lots on SM of course.

Just a general heads up for newbies and everyone to become familiar with what can and can't be posted here from social media. Comments on news articles and FB pages are off limits. Only posts by the admin of Stacey's FB page can be discussed. Posts by Stacey's family can't be discussed. Comments on their personal FB pages can't be discussed...tempting as that might be. Allowed SM comments can't be quoted or posted as a screenshot...only paraphrased. If you've goofed, don't worry. :)

It's hard to remember all this, so keep a copy of the rules handy. It makes a huge mess for a mod to clean up if we don't follow them. I was on Sherri Papini's thread this morning when it went off the rails due to a post that violated the rules (I was not an innocent bystander, I'm afraid :shame:) and it's been closed since 2:00 for review and cleanup. We all get caught up in the moment from time to time, of course, but we can try to be good so mods can keep their hair. :pullhair:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

Does anyone know what a patio boat is? Also, where is the local Moose Lodge located?

Will check on any RSOs in the neighborhood.

Been very distracted lately but noticed Stacey and I are the same age so I had to drop in here. Lilibet, if I ever go missing, I pray you are ALL OVER my case. :heartbeat:
I'll do my research tomorrow on this dear lady's case.

IDK if this article has already been posted; there's info in it I don't remember being discussed:

http://www.krcrtv.com/north-coast-n...f-missing-woman-looking-for-answers/172005275

Please watch the video at the link -- the interview with Stacey's family. It's very telling. :(

ETA: Since it's been mentioned in MSM now, I think we are free to discuss the (missing) carpeting in the BF's BR?

For some reason I can't get either video to play on my iPad. I'd love another link or a basic summary/transcription of what was said.

Yes, we are free to discuss the missing carpet in BF's bedroom. Ugh! Is it a rug that Stacey could have been rolled up inside, or is it tacked down carpet that may have telltale stains that needed to go bye bye?

IIRC There was a rug missing from Stephanie Warner's house. #^$&@ boyfriend!!!!! :mad:

Been very distracted lately but noticed Stacey and I are the same age so I had to drop in here. Lilibet, if I ever go missing, I pray you are ALL OVER my case. :heartbeat:
I'll do my research tomorrow on this dear lady's case.

Ha! I'll do my best. :D Thanks for getting involved Ontario Mom! I got involved in Stephanie Warner's case because she was my daughter's age.

It is indeed sad that it doesn't seem to be getting the attention it deserves. BF remains in the area. Didn't participate in either search (this weekend or last). To my knowledge there is no media interview with him.

Came over here to get up to speed on this case and was shocked to see just 3-4 pages. Wow. The Papini case has hundreds of pages.

After reviewing this case I can see why, though. There needs to be an angle to generate interest.

Papini case: "Missing supermom's cell phone found by side of road. Husband sure she was abducted." Lots of other information, too.

vs

Smart case: "Woman missing." Almost no info, she's just missing.

There's just nothing to discuss.

I do hope she's well and they find her.

Yes, we aren't hearing much of anything from Law Enforcement. Neither have the reporters. Ground search had been limited to volunteers in the community, friends and of course, family members. Todays search did not locate Stacey or any sign of her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back