CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it must be for her daughter and family. There is nothing that leads to her disappearing voluntarily. As for the recent sighting, did the witness take a picture, get a license number, talk to her?? Seems too vague. If I suspected I was sitting next to someone that was reported missing, I'd probably borderline on the verge of stalking just to be sure.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...t-s-birthday-passes-family-holds-hope-n702436[/FONT][/COLOR]
BBM

I wondered that too, but then I thought it might be that the person hadn't seen her picture until after seeing her at the restaurant. That would make the "sighting" even less reliable. Or else it just didn't register until later. But yes, if I thought I saw someone who is missing I would definitely try to casually chat and get whatever info I could.

No info on where. I hope it's her.

Stacey was on my radio news this morning. Unfortunately it was a story linking her, Roggenkamp and Snow to the Papini incident. I don't think any are related to each other, other than they are all in remote areas in/near the same county in Nor Cal.

I believe you are correct and he did not know of her missing at the time (based on more current comments). It does appear he is going back to the restaurant today and hopefully something will lead to some footage of her (at least in the area) if indeed it was her.

BBM

I wondered that too, but then I thought it might be that the person hadn't seen her picture until after seeing her at the restaurant. That would make the "sighting" even less reliable. Or else it just didn't register until later. But yes, if I thought I saw someone who is missing I would definitely try to casually chat and get whatever info I could.

I want it to be her. So bad. Just let her live her life the way she wants. Whatever. As long as she is okay.

I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it must be for her daughter and family. There is nothing that leads to her disappearing voluntarily. As for the recent sighting, did the witness take a picture, get a license number, talk to her?? Seems too vague. If I suspected I was sitting next to someone that was reported missing, I'd probably borderline on the verge of stalking just to be sure.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...t-s-birthday-passes-family-holds-hope-n702436[/FONT][/COLOR]

BBM

..with LE involved, they should call them ASAP to have them come and see if it is/isn't the missing person..

I want it to be her. So bad. Just let her live her life the way she wants. Whatever. As long as she is okay.
I would be happy to know Stacey were alive, but I don't believe she would leave her family out of her life. It is very hurtful to them not to know what happened to her, and I just don't see Stacey wanting them to live with that hurt and uncertainty. JMO

BIB: We know Stacey's family have visited his house because they noticed the difference in the carpet so they had to have visited several times. I find it hard to believe he didn't know them well enough to contact them when she disappeared. MOO
[Respectfully snipped for emphasis]

Since Stacey, it was said earlier, didn't drive, I wonder if a family member drove her there with the travel trailer in tow. If family helped her move, they would have seen the carpet then. They would have seen it again (after a portion had been removed) when they went back to look for her. JMO

Is it a known fact that Stacey received disability benefits? If so, are they direct deposit or is a check mailed? Do recipients have an option of how to receive benefits?

IF Stacey received disability benefits via mail, could someone else be depositing them into their personal account? I wonder if LE has looked into this.

Not bashing LE, but I get the impression local LE are not experienced in investigating MP cases. JMO

[Respectfully snipped for emphasis]

Since Stacey, it was said earlier, didn't drive, I wonder if a family member drove her there with the travel trailer in tow. If family helped her move, they would have seen the carpet then. They would have seen it again (after a portion had been removed) when they went back to look for her. JMO
Stacey's family could have helped her move and this is how they came to notice the change in the carpet, after she disappeared, yes...good thinking!

In regards to the most recent sighting.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed tightly!

I don't think anyone is looking for her other than family. I don't think we ever even heard if the "ring woman" was identified, found or interviewed. Seems to me that somebody got away with something.

She is the first one mentioned in this article from today:

Even years after their loved ones disappeared, families of people missing from the Trinity County area are still desperate to find out what happened to their son or daughter, or their parent.

The family of missing Lewiston woman Stacey Smart has been especially active in trying to keep her case in the public eye, with community searches and events. Volunteers on Sunday tied ribbons in Smart’s favorite color, light blue, and white, on trees around Weaverville’s Main Street.

It’s to raise awareness, said Smart’s daughter, Nicole Santos-Hamann. “My mother Stacey Smart is still missing, and we are still looking for her.”

More at link:
http://www.trinityjournal.com/news/local/article_017daf14-dd2a-11e6-a791-9bfcc4798e43.html

Where are you, Stacey?

Sadly, I agree. While I've always loved living in a small town, it's times like these that I'm reminded of just how tight knit these communities can be. There seem to be 2 camps, one that wants to find Stacey and get justice while the other wants to remain silent and sweep it under the rug. Somebody knows something and is choosing to stay silent. How can anyone live with themselves knowing that with each passing day, they are continuing to cause pain to Stacey's family? All MOO

I don't think anyone is looking for her other than family. I don't think we ever even heard if the "ring woman" was identified, found or interviewed. Seems to me that somebody got away with something.

Prayers for her Stacey's daughter and family.

“Somebody has to know something and they need to do the right thing and come forward," said Nicole Santos-Hamann, Smart's daughter.
The $5,000 reward from Trinity County Secret Witness was announced early Friday.
It's the latest in the search for Smart, 52, who lost contact with her family in mid-October.

“We live in such a small community and none of her friends knew where she went, which is odd," Santos-Hamann said.

It sounds like he gave advice and they have followed it. No "reverse ransom" offered. The has raised very little money.

The Shasta County Sheriff's Office and family of Sherri Papini actively publicized her disappearance, and Gamble offered the same advice to Smart's family.

"We just kind of went over the case and talked about social media and reaching out through social media," said Santos-Hamann.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/no...t-kidnap-ransom-consultant-for-help/199057675

It sounds like he gave advice and they have followed it. No "reverse ransom" offered. The has raised very little money.

The Shasta County Sheriff's Office and family of Sherri Papini actively publicized her disappearance, and Gamble offered the same advice to Smart's family.

"We just kind of went over the case and talked about social media and reaching out through social media," said Santos-Hamann.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/no...t-kidnap-ransom-consultant-for-help/199057675
BBM

I don't think Gamble is treating Stacey's disappearance as a kidnapping as he did in the Papini case because there's no evidence to suggest Stacey was kidnapped. I think Sherri's family may have provided Gamble with additional information supporting the possibility Sherri was kidnapped. JMO

I am hoping Stacey's family has answers soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back