CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

I have files on about 150 missing persons, just in the three counties of the Emerald Triangle alone.

I often think of Stacey and her family. They worked so hard to find her. It really bothers me that arrests can’t be made more often in “no body” cases. It’s hard, but not impossible, to gather enough evidence for trial. But usually another “boyfriend” gets away with murder. :mad::(

I often think of Stacey and her family. They worked so hard to find her. It really bothers me that arrests can’t be made more often in “no body” cases. It’s hard, but not impossible, to gather enough evidence for trial. But usually another “boyfriend” gets away with murder. :mad::(
It's absolutely sick and infuriating :(

Stacey Smart has been missing from the small Trinity County town of Lewiston, California for over four years. Stacey was last seen on October 12, 2016, at the home the 51-year-old shared with her boyfriend, according to the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office. The details of what happened in the days leading up to her disappearance remain unclear. Stacey is usually in contact with her family daily, but as Halloween approached and nobody had heard from her, family grew concerned. This remains an active case and police are working on all tips that have come in, but no leads have produced any substantial information. She is described as being 5’8” and 180 lbs. If you have any information regarding Stacey’s whereabouts, you are urged to call the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office at (530) 623-3740.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Stacey Smart has been missing from the small Trinity County town of Lewiston, California for over four years. Stacey was last seen on October 12, 2016, at the home the 51-year-old shared with her boyfriend, according to the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office. The details of what happened in the days leading up to her disappearance remain unclear. Stacey is usually in contact with her family daily, but as Halloween approached and nobody had heard from her, family grew concerned. This remains an active case and police are working on all tips that have come in, but no leads have produced any substantial information. She is described as being 5’8” and 180 lbs. If you have any information regarding Stacey’s whereabouts, you are urged to call the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office at (530) 623-3740.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing
I cannot believe Stacy has not been found nor has there an arrests. SMH. I thought for sure, by now, there would be some movement.

Another year passes...

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

stacey_smart.png

2022-

Family of missing Lewiston woman say Papini arrest highlights unequal search efforts
BBM

<snipped>
For over five years Stacey Smart has been missing and the constant updates coming out of the Sherri Papini case only make matters worse for the family. The two were reported missing on the same day in 2016 in the Northstate.

Officials say the family reported Smart was last seen in Lewiston on November 2nd, 2016.
"My Mom was spending a lot of time at the Lewiston Moose Lodge in Lewiston around the time of her disappearance, she last used her debit card at Lewiston Mini Mart and lived by pine cove marina near Lewiston Lake," said Nicole.

"The Trinity County Sheriffs Office did not have a Search and Rescue team at the time and when my family and I reached out to organizations for help everyone was too busy searching for Sherri.
<snipped>

DEC 5, 2022

Stacey Smart has been missing from the small Trinity County town of Lewiston, California for more than six years. According to the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office, the 51-year-old was last seen on October 12, 2016, at the home she shared with her boyfriend. The details of what happened in the days leading up to her disappearance remain unclear. Dateline spoke with Stacey’s daughter Nicole Santos-Hammann in early 2017. She said her mother was usually in daily contact with family, as most of them lived in the Lewiston area. In fact, they’d all gotten together on October 2, to celebrate Stacey’s mother’s 74th birthday. But later that week, Nicole stopped hearing from her mother. Concern quickly grew, especially after news of Stacey’s grandmother’s death and no one could get ahold of her. “My grandmother called and said her phone was disconnected,” Nicole said. “I called and it was disconnected. So I drove up there. No one answered the door. I left a note asking that my mother call me – that it was urgent. I never got a call.” Nicole said the family reported Stacey missing on November 2, 2016. A Facebook page called ‘Help Find Stacey Smart’ has been created for Stacey’s family and friends to post information about her case. The Trinity County Sheriff’s Office considers the case to be active, but says no leads have produced any substantial information. No persons of interest have been named in the disappearance. Stacey is described as being 5’8”, and 180 lbs., with blonde hair and blue eyes. If you have any information regarding Stacey’s disappearance, you are urged to call the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office at (530) 623-3740 or Trinity County Witness Program at 530-623-8138.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back