CA - Stephon Clark, 22, unarmed, fatally shot by Sacramento police, 18 March 2018

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Tawny, Mar 24, 2018.

1. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

This is all I found:

No mention of people walking in the road or crossing where there isn't a marked or unmarked crosswalk. But I think it should be if a car hits a pedestrian it is the driver's fault - kind of like when someone gets rear-ended.

For sure hit-and-run is always against the law, and it should apply even if the hit-and-run driver is a police officer.

2. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

Emergency Vehicles

I assume that pedestrians have to make way for emergency vehicles. Maybe not.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/hdbk/shr_bus_sc_trly_ev

3. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

First, don't run from the cops. When they say "stop and put your hands up", stop and put your hands up. Don't go running and jumping fences, thinking they will stop pursuing you, they won't.

Second, don't reach for ANYTHING, keep your hands where they can been seen and comply with commands.

Follow rules 1 and 2 and chances are you will live to hire a lawyer to defend yourself from whatever crime you committed.

Fail to follow the rules and you might get shot.

Simple rules to save your life.

4. Tawny

Tawny Bye

Unless her criminal record includes a lifetime of jaywalking, no, her criminal record has no relevance to being the victim of a hit and run.

They did not identify themselves as police officers. I'm not gonna stop and put my hands up in my own backyard in the dark just because two screeching men are yelling at me to do it.

5. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

Especially for unarmed POC in darkness, on their own property, in their own neighborhood, minding their own business. With a cell phone. Or Skittles or whatever. Yeah?

MOO

[emoji848]

6. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

Sacramento County sheriff shows video of protester being hit by patrol SUV

So the deputies where not on an emergency call, they where heading back to their station.

I want to know why the woman walked in front of a moving vehicle and I also want to know why the deputy didn't stop after hitting her.

http://www.kcra.com/article/sacrame...of-protester-being-hit-by-patrol-suv/19664749

7. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

I think it shows us that this woman is willing to break the law and be arrested to get her point across.

Does that mean she would sacrifice her personal safety by walking in front of a moving vehicle to make her statement. Maybe. JMO

8. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

Right?!!?

How many times was Clark shot in the back? Was it six times or eight? I forget.

9. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

The fact that she was arrested is relevant since it was because she assaulted a police officer. IMO

Cleveland, a Vocal Activist Was Charged With Assaulting a Cop at City Council Meeting

Cleveland can be seen being touched from behind by a police officer and then Cleveland turned and started to attack the officer with a closed fist.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/wanda-cleveland-sheriff-cruiser-struck-protester/

10. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

I have a problem with the total number of shots fired by the officers at Stephon and the hits on his body from the independent autopsy.

It appears that when viewing the helicopter and body cam videos the officers continued to fire after Stephon was down. The two shots that hit him in the front where probable at the beginning of the shooting. The multiple shots that hit his back happened after the first two which caused him to fall to the ground and that explains why the following shots entered his back.

Did the officers fire too many shots? Maybe. Your supposed to fire until the threat is stopped. A suspect laying on the ground could still be threat if the officers felt that he had a gun and was still moving.

Is this what happened in this case?

11. bluesneakers

I don't see how this gives police the right to hit her with their car. It's not like they knew her record when they hit her. Although if they did? That's even worse.

12. desertmama

desertmama Active Member

Shots hit him in the front?

13. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

I was shocked when I found out that this woman used a closed fist to threaten officers at a city council meeting about minimum wage. Way too much anger. JMO

14. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

Stephon Clark family legal team explains autopsy drawing error with wrong bullet entry

15. desertmama

desertmama Active Member

Still not his front.

16. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

It might explain why she walked in front of the police car. Perhaps she wanted to stop the SUV so the mob could continue their vandalism. I'm not saying that was her intent, just a possibility, given her record.

17. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

Excuse me but being shot six times in the back and once in the side of the leg out of a total of eight hits means shot number seven was in the front,

My OP has the statement about shot number seven spinning Stephon around which explains why the subsequent shots where in his back. JMO

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article207748109.html

18. bluesneakers

It's also a possibility the officer behind the wheel recognized her and figured it was a good time to teach her a lesson.

19. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

From watching the video of her at the city council meeting this woman needs some anger management counseling. JMO

20. Seeker404

Seeker404 Former Member

We should not live in a Police State which is why a strong Second Amendment is so important a constitutional right.