CA - Stephon Clark, 22, unarmed, fatally shot by Sacramento police, 18 March 2018

<jmo> About the woman struck.... that's a darn shame it happened. Thankfully she is okay.

In the video, 3 times they put over the loudspeaker to back away from the vehicles. As the cops inched away the people backed away. Why did she then walk in front of the cop car when she saw they were moving? She has to take some responsibility for her own actions. She made a choice, and risked stepping in front of a 2 ton moving vehicle.

He was driving too fast for that many people so close, but she should have backed away from the vehicle as instructed/warned, and not purposefully walked out in front of it when they started picking up speed. Just sayin'. Also, he was wise to not exit his vehicle for his own safety, but hopefully he himself called for an ambulance once out of the danger zone. </jmo>

<jmo> About the woman struck.... that's a darn shame it happened. Thankfully she is okay.

In the video, 3 times they put over the loudspeaker to back away from the vehicles. As the cops inched away the people backed away. Why did she then walk in front of the cop car when she saw they were moving? She has to take some responsibility for her own actions. She made a choice, and risked stepping in front of a 2 ton moving vehicle.

He was driving too fast for that many people so close, but she should have backed away from the vehicle as instructed/warned, and not purposefully walked out in front of it when they started picking up speed. Just sayin'. Also, he was wise to not exit his vehicle for his own safety, but hopefully he himself called for an ambulance once out of the danger zone. </jmo>

Is every pedestrian who gets hit by a vehicle to blame, or does it only if the driver is a police officer? She didn't come out of nowhere and get in his way. And there's no excuse for not stopping after he hit her.

:goodpost: He also began to advance on the police officers while taking his hand out of his pocket.

Yet he was shot 8 times in the back. Bullets now don't obey the laws of physics apparently.

I don't know about US law, but in the UK and Canada the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way.

Yet he was shot 8 times in the back. Bullets now don't obey the laws of physics apparently.
I ask again, out of the 20 shots fired, WHEN was he shot in the back?

I don't know about US law, but in the UK and Canada the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way.

In crosswalks, but I don't know in this case. I don't think it matters because the driver could see her and others in the street, but chose to plow through and over them anyway. It wasn't an accident - the driver wasn't tricked or forced into hitting her.

California law says "Local authorities may adopt ordinances prohibiting pedestrians from crossing streets outside crosswalks." Not sure if that applies in Sacramento, or during protests and other gatherings.

Well good thing she wasn't black or he would've shot her. Watch any cop in action, it's all just raw cowardice and brute stupidity. The way they all just charge and jump on a complying suspect. We need to get rid of cops and come up with a new system.

Right, any cop in action displays raw cowardice and brute stupidity. What a moronic statement. Newsflash: this world is not black and white. Shades of gray abound. I won’t bother to elaborate since I’m sure it wouldn’t be absorbed. Too bad so many people carry guns. It makes law enforcement’s jobs so much more difficult. Having a split second or less to make a judgment, and the outcome being fatal to one of the parties is an unenviable position to be in. I hate what’s happened in the USA and the extreme prevalence of guns and shootings. It’s disgusting.

<modsnip>

When a cause claiming generalisations against a group of people uses generalisations against another group of people, it truly undermines the cause. Ask any community leaders genuinely invested in change for good.

Right, any cop in action displays raw cowardice and brute stupidity. What a moronic statement. Newsflash: this world is not black and white. Shades of gray abound. I won&#8217;t bother to elaborate since I&#8217;m sure it wouldn&#8217;t be absorbed. Too bad so many people carry guns. It makes law enforcement&#8217;s jobs so much more difficult. Having a split second or less to make a judgment, and the outcome being fatal to one of the parties is an unenviable position to be in. I hate what&#8217;s happened in the USA and the extreme prevalence of guns and shootings. It&#8217;s disgusting.

In some ways the world is black and white. For instance would these cops have shot Stephon Clark if he was a white kid in his backyard holding a cellphone? No. Obviously there are a few good cops out there, but watch when any of them are together how out of control they are in the way they grab and tackle people. Most times people are trying to comply screaming I'm complying and they are just all pulling them different directions and one guy is always jamming his knee into the persons kneck shoving their face in the ground. Even if it's an old woman. It's disgusting the way they treat people.

Think about how much less gun violence there would be if all these drugs laws were abolished. Even all the cartel violence is over marijuana for ****s sake.

Why is this even being reported? It doesn't matter if she was arrested. She was also knocked down by a sheriff.
I have no problem with a news organization reporting on the criminal history of this person. It lets everyone know more about the people involved in this incident.

I listened to former Sacramento Sheriff John McGinness on his KFBK radio show today and he say's that the in car video from the police vehicle will be released to the public soon. I hope that video helps us in understanding how this incident happened. JMO

In some ways the world is black and white. For instance would these cops have shot Stephon Clark if he was a white kid in his backyard holding a cellphone? No. Obviously there are a few good cops out there, but watch when any of them are together how out of control they are in the way they grab and tackle people. Most times people are trying to comply screaming I'm complying and they are just all pulling them different directions and one guy is always jamming his knee into the persons kneck shoving their face in the ground. Even if it's an old woman. It's disgusting the way they treat people.

Think about how much less gun violence there would be if all these drugs laws were abolished. Even all the cartel violence is over marijuana for ****s sake.
How do you explain this if you think cops wouldn't shoot a white kid in their back yard?
This white guy was in his Sisters back yard, on the ground with nothing in his hand.
Another acquittal for a cop that claimed to "fear for her life"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP-xXO1vuaw

In crosswalks, but I don't know in this case. I don't think it matters because the driver could see her and others in the street, but chose to plow through and over them anyway. It wasn't an accident - the driver wasn't tricked or forced into hitting her.

California law says "Local authorities may adopt ordinances prohibiting pedestrians from crossing streets outside crosswalks." Not sure if that applies in Sacramento, or during protests and other gatherings.
In California, Pedestrians always have the right of way, in a cross walk, or not.
Ca. vehicle code 21950.
NCY is the other way around. Vehicles always have the right of way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back