CA - Stephon Clark, 22, unarmed, fatally shot by Sacramento police, 18 March 2018

In California, Pedestrians always have the right of way, in a cross walk, or not.
Ca. vehicle code 21950.
NCY is the other way around. Vehicles always have the right of way.

This is all I found:

21950. (a) The driver of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection, except as otherwise provided in this chapter.

No mention of people walking in the road or crossing where there isn't a marked or unmarked crosswalk. But I think it should be if a car hits a pedestrian it is the driver's fault - kind of like when someone gets rear-ended.

For sure hit-and-run is always against the law, and it should apply even if the hit-and-run driver is a police officer.

Emergency Vehicles

You must yield the right-of-way to any police vehicle, fire engine, ambulance, or other emergency vehicle using a siren and red lights. Drive to the right edge of the road and stop until the emergency vehicle(s) have passed. However, never stop in an intersection.

If you are in an intersection when you see an emergency vehicle, continue through the intersection and then, drive to the right as soon as it is safe and stop. Emergency vehicles often use the wrong side of the street to continue on their way. They sometimes use a loudspeaker to talk to drivers blocking their path.
Yield to Emergency Vehicles

You must obey any traffic direction, order, or signal given by a traffic or peace officer, or a firefighter even if it conflicts with existing signs, signals, or laws.
It is against the law to follow within 300 feet behind any fire engine, police vehicle, ambulance, or other emergency vehicle with a siren or flashing lights (CVC §21706).
If you drive for sight-seeing purposes to the scene of a fire, collision, or other disaster, you may be arrested. Casual observers interfere with the essential services of police, firefighter, ambulance crews, or other rescue or emergency personnel.

I assume that pedestrians have to make way for emergency vehicles. Maybe not.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/hdbk/shr_bus_sc_trly_ev

First, don't run from the cops. When they say "stop and put your hands up", stop and put your hands up. Don't go running and jumping fences, thinking they will stop pursuing you, they won't.

Second, don't reach for ANYTHING, keep your hands where they can been seen and comply with commands.

Follow rules 1 and 2 and chances are you will live to hire a lawyer to defend yourself from whatever crime you committed.

Fail to follow the rules and you might get shot.

Simple rules to save your life.

I have no problem with a news organization reporting on the criminal history of this person. It lets everyone know more about the people involved in this incident.

I listened to former Sacramento Sheriff John McGinness on his KFBK radio show today and he say's that the in car video from the police vehicle will be released to the public soon. I hope that video helps us in understanding how this incident happened. JMO

Unless her criminal record includes a lifetime of jaywalking, no, her criminal record has no relevance to being the victim of a hit and run.

First, don't run from the cops. When they say "stop and put your hands up", stop and put your hands up. Don't go running and jumping fences, thinking they will stop pursuing you, they won't.

Second, don't reach for ANYTHING, keep your hands where they can been seen and comply with commands.

Follow rules 1 and 2 and chances are you will live to hire a lawyer to defend yourself from whatever crime you committed.

They did not identify themselves as police officers. I'm not gonna stop and put my hands up in my own backyard in the dark just because two screeching men are yelling at me to do it.

Especially for unarmed POC in darkness, on their own property, in their own neighborhood, minding their own business. With a cell phone. Or Skittles or whatever. Yeah?

MOO

[emoji848]

Sacramento County sheriff shows video of protester being hit by patrol SUV

The videos show how events unfolded as the two deputies came upon the protest near Florin Road and 65th Street. Jones said the deputies were headed back to the station to log evidence after making an arrest. The deputies were not part of discussions or planning involved with the protest. They were also not on the same radio channel as other deputies who were tasked with monitoring the protest.

So the deputies where not on an emergency call, they where heading back to their station.

I want to know why the woman walked in front of a moving vehicle and I also want to know why the deputy didn't stop after hitting her.

http://www.kcra.com/article/sacrame...of-protester-being-hit-by-patrol-suv/19664749

Unless her criminal record includes a lifetime of jaywalking, no, her criminal record has no relevance to being the victim of a hit and run.

I think it shows us that this woman is willing to break the law and be arrested to get her point across.

Does that mean she would sacrifice her personal safety by walking in front of a moving vehicle to make her statement. Maybe. JMO

They did not identify themselves as police officers. I'm not gonna stop and put my hands up in my own backyard in the dark just because two screeching men are yelling at me to do it.

Right?!!?

How many times was Clark shot in the back? Was it six times or eight? I forget.

Why is this even being reported? It doesn't matter if she was arrested. She was also knocked down by a sheriff.

The fact that she was arrested is relevant since it was because she assaulted a police officer. IMO

Cleveland, a Vocal Activist Was Charged With Assaulting a Cop at City Council Meeting

Cleveland can be seen being touched from behind by a police officer and then Cleveland turned and started to attack the officer with a closed fist.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/wanda-cleveland-sheriff-cruiser-struck-protester/

Right?!!?

How many times was Clark shot in the back? Was it six times or eight? I forget.
I have a problem with the total number of shots fired by the officers at Stephon and the hits on his body from the independent autopsy.

It appears that when viewing the helicopter and body cam videos the officers continued to fire after Stephon was down. The two shots that hit him in the front where probable at the beginning of the shooting. The multiple shots that hit his back happened after the first two which caused him to fall to the ground and that explains why the following shots entered his back.

Did the officers fire too many shots? Maybe. Your supposed to fire until the threat is stopped. A suspect laying on the ground could still be threat if the officers felt that he had a gun and was still moving.

Is this what happened in this case?

The fact that she was arrested is relevant since it was because she assaulted a police officer. IMO

Cleveland, a Vocal Activist Was Charged With Assaulting a Cop at City Council Meeting

Cleveland can be seen being touched from behind by a police officer and then Cleveland turned and started to attack the officer with a closed fist.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/wanda-cleveland-sheriff-cruiser-struck-protester/

I don't see how this gives police the right to hit her with their car. It's not like they knew her record when they hit her. Although if they did? That's even worse.

I have a problem with the total number of shots fired by the officers at Stephon and the hits on his body from the independent autopsy.

It appears that when viewing the helicopter and body cam videos the officers continued to fire after Stephon was down. The two shots that hit him in the front where probable at the beginning of the shooting. The multiple shots that hit his back happened after the first two which caused him to fall to the ground and that explains why the following shots entered his back.

Did the officers fire too many shots? Maybe. Your supposed to fire until the threat is stopped. A suspect laying on the ground could still be threat if the officers felt that he had a gun and was still moving.

Is this what happened in this case?
Shots hit him in the front?

I was shocked when I found out that this woman used a closed fist to threaten officers at a city council meeting about minimum wage. Way too much anger. JMO

Shots hit him in the front?

Stephon Clark family legal team explains autopsy drawing error with wrong bullet entry

7 Entered left side. Omalu theorizes this could have been the first bullet to hit Clark, and its impact rotated Clark to expose his back to the next shots fired.

8 Entered left thigh at an angle, as Clark was falling or on the ground. Only shot that was unlikely to be fatal

I don't see how this gives police the right to hit her with their car. It's not like they knew her record when they hit her. Although if they did? That's even worse.

It might explain why she walked in front of the police car. Perhaps she wanted to stop the SUV so the mob could continue their vandalism. I'm not saying that was her intent, just a possibility, given her record.

Still not his front.

Excuse me but being shot six times in the back and once in the side of the leg out of a total of eight hits means shot number seven was in the front,

Friday, Omalu said Clark was hit eight times by two Sacramento police officers. In addition to the shot near his left shoulder, Clark was shot six times in his back and once in his leg. The shot in his leg likely occurred as he was falling to the ground.

My OP has the statement about shot number seven spinning Stephon around which explains why the subsequent shots where in his back. JMO

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article207748109.html

It might explain why she walked in front of the police car. Perhaps she wanted to stop the SUV so the mob could continue their vandalism. I'm not saying that was her intent, just a possibility, given her record.

It's also a possibility the officer behind the wheel recognized her and figured it was a good time to teach her a lesson.

From watching the video of her at the city council meeting this woman needs some anger management counseling. JMO

We should not live in a Police State which is why a strong Second Amendment is so important a constitutional right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back