CA CA - Steve Voegtli, 63, Simi Valley, 12 Aug 2015

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Aug 20, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Steve G. Voegtli
    [​IMG]
    photo: https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/phot...91084613/10153617924324614/?type=1&permPage=1
    Retired Firefighter Reported Missing in Simi Valley
    "Police are asking for the public's help in finding a retired firefighter, often referred to by friends as "The Dude," who went missing last week in Simi Valley.

Steve G. Voegtli, 63, went missing from his home near Madera Road in the Wood Ranch area of Simi Valley at about 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 12th, according to the Simi Valley Police Department.

Officials say the circumstances of his disappearance are suspicious, but have not yet given details on the reason."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...eported-Missing-in-Simi-Valley-322425102.html

2. Loading...

3. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

That's a reaLLY beautiful area. Only a few short miles from my home as the crow flies. Lots of hills and crevices to fall into though if he went for a hike. :candle:

4. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

This is my neck of the wood. Literally. I do not know him but live off the cross street he went missing from. The hills right behind Wood Ranch (the subdivision he lives in) are a very popular hiking spot but they were on fire last Friday. I doubt anyone would be up there right now, it may still be blocked off, but if he is confused or has memory lapses he may have gone there.

Simi Valley is surrounded by hills and hiking. It's been very, very warm though so most people venture out in the early morning hours.

I'm not sure how I can be of help but I know this area very well and feel the need to do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. gdeyefaith

gdeyefaith New Member

"Officials say the circumstances of his disappearance are suspicious, but have not yet given details on the reason." I don't think they would be saying this if they thought he went on a hike and got lost. IMO.

6. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

I wondered if he went on a hike and harmed himself. Maybe he left a note or all his personal items (keys and phone) in a pile?? Our city has such an incredibly low crime rate, it's so safe. I just can't imagine someone kidnapping him or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

8. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

9. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

10. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

11. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

I wonder what his diagnosis is for the memory problems and disorientation mentioned in the first link above. That could help narrow down some places to look.

12. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

13. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

14. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

That man was ID'd as Duke Herrera.

http://ktla.com/2015/09/21/body-of-...eath-in-san-gabriel-riverbed-in-lakewood-idd/

Now there's another possibility, a man's body found in Playa del Rey. According to the FB page, Mr. Voegtli's family is waiting to hear word on whether or not the deceased is their loved one.

http://ktla.com/2015/09/27/authorit...-remains-near-ballona-creek-in-playa-del-rey/

https://www.facebook.com/BringHomeSteveVoegtli/posts/1644976159118946

15. KateB

KateB New Member

16. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I knew Steve Voetgli when I was a child. He lived right around the corner from me, and was a friend of my older brothers and sisters. I was surprised to see his NamUs page when it came online last month. I regognized his uncommon name immediately (it is pronounced like the word "Vaguely", like as in "I vaguely remember").

17. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This is a photo out of our family photo album. The photo was taken in 1964. Steve is squatting down in the dark coat (Second from the left). My brother and two sisters are in back on the right.

:eek:fftopic: The kid in the middle with the crew-cut was my next door neighbor John Landrum. He died in 1979 the at the age of 21 when his car got caught in a flash flood.

[​IMG]

18. SmartSassyBBW

SmartSassyBBW Member