CA - Steven Stayner & Timothy White abducted by Kenneth Parnell

It is so not fair that that monster Parnell got to live to be an old man, while Steven & Timmy both died so young. They had families that loved them and I can't imagine what they went through. Parnell was a monster until the end of his long life.

Parnell did pass away. I wonder if Steve Stayner's Family attended the Memorial for Timmy White.

No. The man panicked and fled to Mexico then came back to face charges after a few days. He wound up working for Steven's widow and when she found out she call him into her office told him who she was and slipped an extra hundred dollar bill into his pay to show that she understood it was an accident and that she forgave him. What a classy lady Steven's wife, Jody, .

Thank you for clearing that up! I had never heard that. I just had my suspicions about Cary after he was arrested for killing the women at Yellowstone.

Anyone know what became of Jody (Steven's wife) or how Steven's children are doing?

Thank you for clearing that up! I had never heard that. I just had my suspicions about Cary after he was arrested for killing the women at Yellowstone.

I read all the information in the book I know my First Name is Steven by Mike Echols and the book about Cary's crimes The Yosemite Murders by Dennis McDougal.

excerpt from IKMFNIS page 194-5:
However Dennis had no way to know that Parnell planned to kill him and then, with help from a teenage acquaintance of Dennis, bury his body in a grave that Parnell and the accomplice had already dug along the upper, uninhabited reaches of the Garcia river.

Thank God that the rain prevented this.

(page 260 from IKMFNIS) Parnell had owned an old legal book in which he penciled in defenses in the margins for only four crimes. Kidnapping, Rape, Robbery, and Murder. Parnell had been arrested tried and convicted for kidnapping, rape, and robbery but never any murders and would become very angry and refuse to answers any other question if this was brought up. (page 260 from IKMFNIS)

Parnell had this book and made the murder citations way before he was going to kill Steven.
This proves to me that Parnell had killed before and had no problems with committing murder.

Thank the Lord Steven escaped with Timmy before Parnell could rape him.

I wish they would put all pedophiles away and throw away the key.

I wish they would put all pedophiles away and throw away the key.

Scrabble would you cinder running for government? I would vote for you if you ran on this platform. I agree with you about locking them up and throwing away the key and wish this was a reality and not just a pipe dream.

Statue Of Steven Stayner Dedicated To Missing Kids

MERCED, Calif. (AP) ―
stevestaynerstatue.jpg

An 8-foot-tall statue now stands in a Merced park in honor of Steven Stayner, known for escaping his captor as a teenager and rescuing another young victim in 1980.

On Saturday, organizers unveiled a bronze likeness of a teenage Stayner leading the little boy by the hand. They said the memorial is dedicated to all missing children.

http://cbs13.com/local/steven.stayner.statue.2.1886971.html

I cannot think about Steven Staynor without a heavy heart. Do have survived all he did and then to still die so young just is not fair. The statue is a nice gesture.

I'm glad that Steven Staynor will always be remembered through that statue. He was a hero and a survivor.

I remember Stephen... and unfortunately, his brother.

I was reading wikipedia after seeing this thread. I didn't realize that Timmy White also passed away this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Stayner

"Timmy White later became a Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department Deputy. He died on April 1, 2010 of a pulmonary embolism. Mr. White, aged 35, is survived by his wife, Dena, and two young children, as well as his mother, father and sister."

Such a tragic story all around.

sad.. one of the first Lifetime movies i watched about true crime... "I Know My First Name is Steven"... sad endings in that families life his brother being the Yosimite killer and his motorcycle accident that ended his young life...

sigh... i like the statue idea

wow,.,, didnt know about Timmy.. its so sad....

sad.. one of the first Lifetime movies i watched about true crime... "I Know My First Name is Steven"... sad endings in that families life his brother being the Yosimite killer and his motorcycle accident that ended his young life...

sigh... i like the statue idea

wow,.,, didnt know about Timmy.. its so sad....

Oh, that movie. What a tearjerker. You're just pulling for the poor kid from the moment that car pulls up beside him. I saw the movie first, which led me to the book. Steven had such a tough time returning, trying to make a relationship with his parents, who themselves were having a tough time since they'd lost a 7 year old and had a teenager returned to them.

It kills me to think that Dennis Parnell did not go to prison for the rest of his life for taking that boy and abusing him for seven years. This is the world we live in.

Such a tragedy all the way around. Steven's brother was also a victim, as are all family members of the missing. How does one cope with all of that?

Such a terribly sad case. God be with Steven Stayner -- he died so young.

I think it's beautiful. And the significance of it being in a park, where all children should be safe to play, strikes at the heart of me.

I was reading wikipedia after seeing this thread. I didn't realize that Timmy White also passed away this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Stayner

"Timmy White later became a Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department Deputy. He died on April 1, 2010 of a pulmonary embolism. Mr. White, aged 35, is survived by his wife, Dena, and two young children, as well as his mother, father and sister."

Such a tragic story all around.

I did not know that. What a shame.

Yes, Timmy White and Steven Stayner both died young leaving behind a wife and two young children. I will never forget the movie/story "I know my first name is Steven" -- I cried so hard and it left a lasting impact on me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back