CA CA - Sue Sharp, 36, & 3 children, Keddie Cabin Murders, Plumas, 11 April 1981

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by MeoW333, May 24, 2008.

1. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

Growing up had a friend whose grand parents lived up that way for years. Beautiful ! Her Grandpa called the SO the keystone cops. Not real big on the enforcement, mostly the perks. Greenville had a notorious bar in the 70s and 80s. Can't remember the name but proprietor was Creepy ! Just my recollection of the wildlife up there. MOO

Niner, Betty P, gogrannypop and 5 others like this.

2. kedd

kedd On Time Out

I meant to mention, I believe Crimely and bad 81-05 pigs at PCSO owe a societal debt: Due to their intentional mishandling and misdirection of this case, it became notorious. I fully believe it ramped up one sick maggot to target and kill a family in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, just to kidnap, molest, and torture the youngest boy and girl. After a couple weeks, he summarily walked off with the boy and executed him. The girl was IDd and rescued.

For those too proud to admit their whinging BS is just that, or that their pet theory is moronic, please walk away from this case. It's still difficult to prosecute the surviving involved, particularly with a wimp DA unwilling to do his job. But the case is solved. If this went to Grand Jury, I'm certain Justin, Loon, Dee Lake, Tony Garedakis, and others would be indicted on several charges. There's more 100% damm ing evidence in this case than has been disclosed, which I CAN'T yet disclose, proving what I've proved already is true.

To those claiming I've stated theory as fact, step away. Possible personal biases and/or stupidity could lead you that way but, for certain, your ignorance to the facts of the case give you no room to suspect or declare fact from fluff. It's YOU that has no tolerance for reality, and it's YOU who doesn't belong on this forum.

I've long wanted to get away from the whole "cabin 28" thing. It wasn't a cabin, it was a poorly-built tract house from the 30s for railroad crews. Back then, they were all basically two-room wood-frame sheds; no insulation, a wood stove and a bedroom. I imagine 2 12 hr crews in each, one in bed one on the job. You must know RR to understand Keddie, so don't try to get involved unless you're willing to do the legwork just to get up to speed.

Dating back to the 30s, the final version of The Keddie Lodge had a tacky, fake, inch-thick veneer to make it look like it was built from logs. The two lodges which burned prior had at least partial log framing, but the one still standing (the Back Door Bar is in the basement) is a std crap wood frame design. The first several buildings (1-4, the Gen Store) were also given the veneer. The dorm, 4 stories and opposite the lodge, was not. A few buildings north had the veneer, including 26 and 25.

Houses 27 and 28 were the biggest in Keddie. 25 was built big originally, but 27 and 28 were the same small 2-room design originally, eventually expanded several times. 27 was so slipshod, it should have been torn down after the first revision. However, one of the rooms of the original footprint served for years as the US Post Office in Keddie. The original postmaster (first female postmaster, as far as I've read) is a good friend of mine.

28 was added onto: Big kitchen, back bedroom (making it 2 br), and a basement, serving as storage/utility. The basement was eventually divided, water heater installed in the utility side and the other room an unfinished bedroom. Eventually, a back stairwell and windowed porch was added. Finally, an addition tacked on to the upstairs anterior, which expanded the front room (kill room) and added a large closet to the boys' room, where they cowered for hours.

If you've read anything I've written, I state fact and try to make blatantly clear when I'm throwing spag at the wall. CABIN 28 existed in the 30s. By 1945, it was a 2-story house. At the time of the murders, it was simply 28 Keddie Resort Rd, Keddie, CA.

I know a lot about Keddie, and am likely the de facto most expert historian of the town. And to think I learned about it solely as background to further understand the mass murder which occurred at 28 Keddie Resort Rd.

PS- Naming Main St "Keddie Resort Rd" does not make Keddie a resort. Two owners tried, failed miserably. If you think Keddie was ever a resort, just walk away from this case. Nearby Paxton Lodge was once a true resort, maybe twice. By 1968, Elektra Records had leased it and converted it into a studio/drug den. Jackson Browne was house songwriter. They'd go to Quincy for provisions or to catch a flick, and the backwoods oglers would freak out the 'freaks'. Imagine the closing sequence of Easy Rider times all of Quincy.

Enough fact. Time to relax.

neesaki, Niner, Betty P and 1 other person like this.
  3. kedd

kedd On Time Out

Anyone recall this case? The survivor was noticed cowering in the back of an SUV parked in EQ (East Quincy) outside the apartment where the killers were staying. This was a couple years ago. Back in 81, it's where Loon, Wade, Justin, and Casey lived before Wade went off to the army as Loon was already doing several others behind his back. Whore ring bells? Next door, on the corner, stood the Meeks home. Across the street and west is the building the arcade was in. Further west is the Lo-Price mall where the liquor and drug stores stood on the near corner. Adjacent and north is the trailer park where Don lived, his trailer at the front. This is where all the surviving Sharp kids lived, until passed to the aunt in OR, until placed (together, thankfully!) in a foster/adoptive home.

It's also where the dingus Dik Bagg, child-raping dad stayed for a couple nights for a 'joint memorial' before heading off to Oregon to 'visit friends' Had enough money to drive or fly then buy/rent a car just to get away from his duty as a father? If that doesn't prove what a waste of skin he was, what could? Oh, raping and abusing his kids. Yeah, I hadn't forgot that. If you had, walk away from this website.

The weird thing about this case for me is I found out about it on my own, just as the arrests were reported and before it turned into multiple murders. Gam didn't call me... In fact, I called Sheriff Hagwood, left a mssg about it prior being a killer whore's lair next door to the Meeks. Due diligence on my part, as well as proof that I'd spent too much time on a case that is primarily solved yet not prosecuted.

Sole survivor of torture describes last night with slain siblings

Bugliosi didn't prosecute Manson. As his Gentry book indicates, he ignored key exculpatory paths in order to convict Manson. Bug blew "Helter Skelter" bigger than Charlie ever could, and I'm actually glad he did: The police work was so shoddy, Boychild never would have been convicted for what he did. Difficult thing, and I think Bug did the right thing: framed the guilty.

Keep in mind, it doesn't excuse how lame the book, HS, is: buried in court docs is a dialogue Charlie had with counsel, admitting he'd gone to 10030 just after the murders to QC. He wanted them to START at 10030 and go back down the block, repeating at each home. He found the murders too clean, so he and two minions (best matches: 'Clem' Grogan and Bruce Davis) tried to hang Tate from the front porch, then 'clean' the corpse, as you would a deer.

The kid hiding in the back bungalow, the 'caretaker'/lawnmower V1, Steve Parent, had visited? He heard it all, hid, heard people come back a couple hours later, slowly ramped up the volume on his amp, then went outside and hid on the hillside until sunrise.

Look it up, as the Truth certainly ain't here or on Wiki. Or from POTUS, biggest pile on the planet.

In HS and other books, there's screaming early on, then pops, then hours later, loud arguing of the "You idiot!" variety. These three wimps couldn't hang Sharon's corpse, and, I believe, got in an argument because of their frustration over their nonmanliness to rise the stiffening corpse of an innocent, pregnant and due, mother. I due know, from said transcripts, that they then dragged Sharon back, posed her, and used the trunks to throw a rope over a beam to add the hanging element. So lazy, they dragged the trunks near the front door, even abandoning the effort to stack them.

Bug had no difficulty selling his book to accel his lies, which is where I find fault in the mechanism. He failed the system badly, then profited on it.

Imagine how far he could have gone if he'd done his work and, just as LAPD completely failed, found the truth in front of his face. You think HS would be the same case and book? Geez, Bug would have oozed gooz every chance he coulzz about Manson's DIRECT INVOLVEMENT in the Tate Cielo murders. He would have SCREAMED about it in coourtroom, book, and until his death.

Bug was an idiot, the ignored transcripts more important than the lies prevailed.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  4. kedd

kedd On Time Out

Guess what? I just put this together about BARKING DOGS and Marty's words "I had to bring"

Marty was invited into the tail end of the interview with Bo, They talked drugs.

A main failure of mine was to not contradict small lies. But they build up.

Marty <read up> spoke of immediate neighbors with loud backyard dogs. Dogs killed Marty's insanely rabid lies.

None of the houses he mentioned had dogs; none could possibly have "back yards"All of those shacks are built on a ridge line. Two steps into any of Marty's supposed 'back yards' drops you into Keddie Flats. 40 foot drop to idiots. NO DOGS, Marty is lying again. And he talks of calling in his own? 26 had no dog.

2011, I posted photos. Use street view and you'll see Marty lied about back yards, dogs, the bridge.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Niner and Betty P like this.
  5. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

bull **** buster :D
    I was late to the party. but learned everything from your in depth website and dedication to sue and those kids is really commendable.
    so glad you got the ball rolling again
    :)
    think a lot of people think well the main players are dead so.....
    but I agree there was plenty of dirty deeds and plenty of dirty people involved that should still see retribution :mad:

kedd, Niner, Luckyzmom and 3 others like this.
  6. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates. Sorry to hear there are still no arrests. Was anything ever revealed from the Vidocq Society review of the case?

I haven't followed very many murder cases in which LE was suspected of covering up for killers, but it always seems they're very difficult to solve after the cover up. The new investigators and people online who re-investigated the Keddie Murders have done a very good job digging up some new evidence and analyzing the small amount available.

The theory about the DOJ cover-up seems somewhat plausible. They and the original investigators on this case seemed to really bungle it at every step. Drug dealing seems as likely as any reason for a cover up, considering the area was so remote and sparsely populated its impossible to imagine any other type of criminal activity ongoing there.

Marty and Bo (and possibly MS) were not the sharpest of killers, though they were incredibly vicious. Had they committed this crime in most any other city or town, they would have been arrested fairly early, as their alibis fell apart. They were very lucky they were "protected" for whatever reason. If, as some speculate, M & B were involved in a protected drug ring, they don't seem bright enough to be trusted by drug dealers. They also didn't appear to have much disposable income. JMO, if the cover up was linked to protecting drug trade, it seems more likely M & B only had some knowledge of it or the local LE thought sweeping it under the rug as a cold case would divert attention and shut down further investigation.

I'm still not sure what drug ring connections could exist in that part of CA. I always thought most of the MJ growing was over on the coast in Mendo and Humboldt counties. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks on this.

JMO, I don't think any of the key parties involved in this crime or it's initial investigation were very smart, but they were very lucky.

SAMS, Niner, jaejae and 1 other person like this.
  7. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Here is a recently posted Podcast about the Keddie Murders:

Perhaps it is worth posting the composite sketches of the possible suspects in this case. My suspect in this case would be one suspect the Golden State Killer and he has recently been arrested. If you look Keddie it is not that far geographically from Sacramento and years ago one rather notorious message board poster said the sketches were rather like poor mans EAR/ONS composite sketches. EAR/ONS was also known to wear glasses as a disguise:

[​IMG]

5 Unsolved Murders That Continue to Mystify | HuffPost

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Suglo, Luckyzmom, SAMS and 2 others like this.
  8. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

<<removed deleted quote>>

Yes, there were the articles in the Mercury News back in the day about drug dealers in San Francisco who worked with Oliver North's friends in Nicaragua to sell millions of dollars in cocaine to gangs in LA. Yes, they used pilots and airports in remote areas for drops and distribution. Just looking at the maps, the area in NE California is kind of a central location to reach San Francisco, the Pacific Northwest and Las Vegas markets.

CIA involvement in Contra cocaine trafficking - Wikipedia

It also reminded me of the Tom Cruise movie "American Made" about pilot Barry Seal and parts of his career that involved working for the CIA

Barry Seal - Wikipedia

If that kind of activity was going on in 1981, it may have been just the US mob, with protection from crooked cops out west.

There used to be a lot more information about federal government involvement and knowledge of this stuff online, but it seems more difficult to find. I recall some pilots talked of the "airline" operation the CIA had that involved flying all the way to Alaska.

Anyway, perhaps its possible they were hiding stash up there in Plumas County. Or, if someone in DOJ was protecting the trade, they preferred operations be managed up there, outside of San Francisco, where the risk of other LE jurisdictions might uncover it. Jurisdictional battles were still a big problem back in the early 80's.

But they didn't want a lot of attention drawn to Keddie, so they made sure the investigation went cold quickly and sent the killers out of town.

I hope they can convince the DA to send the evidence to the GJ and get some indictments, while some of the parties are still around.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2019
    Kyummm69, Luckyzmom and jaejae like this.
  9. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Could serial killers Leonard Lake and Charles Ng been involved?

Kyummm69 and SAMS like this.
  10. ColyH

ColyH Well-Known Member

I don't believe Lake and Ng began their murder spree until after the Sharp family murders.

Kyummm69, Sherlockhemlock and Betty P like this.
  11. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Although Lake and Ng's earliest KNOWN killing was in 1983, they had met in 1981 in California. I wonder when they first started murdering people. They were known to prey upon and kill families.

SAMS, Kyummm69, pillywiggin and 2 others like this.
  12. Hathor16

Hathor16 Member

Not lake and Ngs style. They tricked and kidnapped people to their already set up for murder, isolated house. Their victims (the women anyway) could be held and tortured for days. Lakes fantasies developed for years and he followed a manifesto. The Cabin 28 killings were too roughshod, spur of the moment, impulsive

SAMS, Kyummm69, ColyH and 1 other person like this.
  13. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Just checked to see if there’s a thread for this case, and there is. What sparked my interest is a movie we just watched, The Strangers, with Liv Tyler. It’s a dark movie, and we finally realized we’d seen it before, but...... too late. Had I remembered it was so violent may not have watched.

Anyway, was wondering if there’d really been a murder case of Kristen McKay and James Hoyt. That’s the names of the victims according to this movie. Some claim it was true and “scrubbed” from the internet. I find that hard to believe.
    Sorry, I haven’t had time to read the thread. Does anyone know? TIA

Kyummm69 likes this.
  14. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

I will give this case another bump with a You Tube video:

15. Hathor16

Hathor16 Member

Ok let me get this straight, the prevailing theory is a couple of unemployed criminal master minds began a brutal quadruple homicide. They stopped half way through for a beer break, leaving their victims under the control of a 90lb woman and a 12 yrs old boy? Those are some cool cats. To be completely secure in the knowledge that other houses were mere feet away, while people entered and left the resort and the bar. To sit in the bar not sweating, shaking or blubbering, not worrying about what could go on without then there. Real cool cats

SAMS likes this.