CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #3

I will eat a massive serving of crow if DeAngelo has anything to do with this. For the following reasons:
  • Daylight - does he have a single crime that took place during the day?
  • Age of victim
  • Public location - all other known crimes took place in homes or as he was fleeing a home

I will eat a massive serving of crow if DeAngelo has anything to do with this. For the following reasons:
  • Daylight - does he have a single crime that took place during the day?
  • Age of victim
  • Public location - all other known crimes took place in homes or as he was fleeing a home
DeAngelo is only linked to 13 murders within the law enforcement narrative with almost all of them taking place in a 3 year period and only linked together after decades. Make sure to read the 12-26-75 Allmost Had Me post that the moderators have removed if you truly want to understand DeAngelo. Is it really just a coincidence that DeAngelo worked right across the street from her husband?

DeAngelo is only linked to 13 murders within the law enforcement narrative with almost all of them taking place in a 3 year period and only linked together after decades. Make sure to read the 12-26-75 Allmost Had Me post that the moderators have removed if you truly want to understand DeAngelo. Is it really just a coincidence that DeAngelo worked right across the street from her husband?

Actually, yes, I think it is a coincidence.

I live within a couple miles of the Raley's Susan Jacobson disappeared from, and have always been very disturbed by this case. It is frightening to think of someone disappearing as they go about their life, in a place I go to frequently. Since I learned that Joseph DeAngelo worked so close by, I've also wondered about him. Is it possible he continued to kill, but changed his methods due to getting older and not being as physically capable as when he was younger? This case is baffling, and I hope some answers are found for the sake of Susan, her family, and their loved ones and friends.

I live within a couple miles of the Raley's Susan Jacobson disappeared from, and have always been very disturbed by this case. It is frightening to think of someone disappearing as they go about their life, in a place I go to frequently. Since I learned that Joseph DeAngelo worked so close by, I've also wondered about him. Is it possible he continued to kill, but changed his methods due to getting older and not being as physically capable as when he was younger? This case is baffling, and I hope some answers are found for the sake of Susan, her family, and their loved ones and friends.
DeAngelo never hid his victims and he must have been about 68 when Susan went missing (not a prime demographic to snatch a stranger). I grew up less than a mile from his home in Citrus Heights (where he was arrested) and my mom now lives in Sun City Roseville, so I am very familiar with both areas and I am especially saddened by this case, as it hits close to home. It’s a highly populated area, and there is no similarity in MO or anything that would make LE ever suspect DeAngelo. The fact that he also lived in Northern California along with 15 million other people doesn’t make him a suspect in every crime.

I think it’s more troubling for all of us to face the facts: There are many kidnappers/murderers. It would be nice if there was only one monster who is now in prison for life.

I am very curious about any (if there ARE any) new directions the LE are investigating since this cold case was revived!
I sure hope so. I go to this Starbucks, shop at that Raley’s, run in the park across the street, every time I visit my mom. It’s very busy, extremely safe and full of community-minded people who absolutely would get involved and intervene if they saw something odd. I did hear about this soon after it happened, and the population of Sun City was very aware at the time.
IMO, this is most likely domestic, a voluntary solo disappearance, or an online relationship that took her away, voluntarily or involuntarily. The odds are she could not be snatched by a stranger in that place, especially at her age. Not to disparage an older woman, but she would be an unusual demographic to be snatched off the street for many reasons.

I feel so bad for her family, especially since it sounds like her husband was cooperative. After all my true crime research, I don’t think I’d want to take a polygraph either, although I think I would just to get LE to look elsewhere.

I worked at HP on Foothills Blvd & lived in Auburn when this happened... and still following this case. As someone said - since the LE are looking at this "cold" case - I hope they come up with something!
Seems like she just disappeared into thin air.... :(

Hey Tower, I lived in that neighborhood when he was caught! My kids went to school with his grand daughters. Small world!
Hi neighbor! If I didn’t know better, I would think I had some connection to GSK. As a baby, I lived near the corner of Madison-Manzanita when he murdered there, just blocks away. I lived in San Ramon very close, when he was active as the East Bay Rapist. And then my friends lived on the same street as he did in Citrus Heights for years (I was on the other side of Mariposa). Seriously, I was freaked out when I first saw how close I have lived to him for years. I’m far away now and he’s in prison, so I can confirm I have no connection. Peace for his poor victims.

If she wasn't seen on security video at the area of the grocery store, and we only have the word of her husband that she went out shopping, then how do we know she even left the house that morning? Her car may've been left at the lot by someone else, and it wasn't even near the store entrance.
P.S. I read later tonight that dogs tracked her across the street then lost her scent, so I guess she was at the mall area if so. So now I don't know what to think.

Last edited:
If she wasn't seen on security video at the area of the grocery store, and we only have the word of her husband that she went out shopping, then how do we know she even left the house that morning? Her car may've been left at the lot by someone else, and it wasn't even near the store entrance.
P.S. I read later tonight that dogs tracked her across the street then lost her scent, so I guess she was at the mall area if so. So now I don't know what to think.

Family members posted upthread -- that information may be those posts imho.

How old is the grandchild now, though, almost 9 apparently.

jmho ymmv lrr

Family members posted upthread -- that information may be those posts imho.

How old is the grandchild now, though, almost 9 apparently.

jmho ymmv lrr

I don't know age of the grandchild. Just wondering if it was just Susan and her husband who lived in the house and if anyone else was there that morning.

The 59-year-old appeared to park in the middle of the parking lot and out of reach of surveillance cameras.

An hour later, a jogger found her empty wallet on a sidewalk in the parking lot near Mahany Park. Later that day, her dark blue Honda Civic was found unlocked, still in the grocery store parking lot, with her purse inside. Her keys were missing.

“Her vehicle is found Thursday evening at the grocery store, her wallet is found in the intersection nearby, obviously at the time incredibly suspicious,” said Rob Baquera, spokesperson for the Roseville Police Department.

Jacobson stood at just 4 feet, 11 inches tall and weighed 90 pounds. At the time of her disappearance, she wore a hooded sweatshirt.

“She was going to be a grandmother. That’s the thing that is so striking about the whole thing, why she would disappear at that time,” a neighbor told FOX40

“I knew Sue and Chris, they were a lovely couple, they loved each other and had a good time together,” said Jacobson’s friend Bill Hunter.

Hunter had been a friend and neighbor to Jacobson and her husband Chris Jacobson prior to Susan Jacobson’s disappearance.

Police say Chris Jacobson was the last person to see Susan Jacobson.

“I think it’s good, I think that they need to solve the case,” Hunter said. “I don’t think anybody thought of course that Chris was involved in it. I mean I don’t, still to this day I don’t think he was.”

The 59-year-old appeared to park in the middle of the parking lot and out of reach of surveillance cameras.

An hour later, a jogger found her empty wallet on a sidewalk in the parking lot near Mahany Park. Later that day, her dark blue Honda Civic was found unlocked, still in the grocery store parking lot, with her purse inside. Her keys were missing.

“Her vehicle is found Thursday evening at the grocery store, her wallet is found in the intersection nearby, obviously at the time incredibly suspicious,” said Rob Baquera, spokesperson for the Roseville Police Department.

Jacobson stood at just 4 feet, 11 inches tall and weighed 90 pounds. At the time of her disappearance, she wore a hooded sweatshirt.

“She was going to be a grandmother. That’s the thing that is so striking about the whole thing, why she would disappear at that time,” a neighbor told FOX40

“I knew Sue and Chris, they were a lovely couple, they loved each other and had a good time together,” said Jacobson’s friend Bill Hunter.

Hunter had been a friend and neighbor to Jacobson and her husband Chris Jacobson prior to Susan Jacobson’s disappearance.

Police say Chris Jacobson was the last person to see Susan Jacobson.

“I think it’s good, I think that they need to solve the case,” Hunter said. “I don’t think anybody thought of course that Chris was involved in it. I mean I don’t, still to this day I don’t think he was.”

That's all very well, but in many cases the husband is the culprit. And IMO from various things I've read elsewhere that could be the case here as well. I don't believe necessarily his account of what happened and I hope the cold case detective investigator gets to the bottom of Susan's disappearance. When a friend or a neighbour says someone could not have committed a crime because they were a wonderful person, that is not a given, nor does it really mean much.

Last edited:
This case has always haunted me. I sure wish there would be a break in the case. It seems her car was staged to look like a run away. Purse left. Only Id in the wallet. But one detail is a huge mystery for this scenario. Why take the car keys?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back