CA - Terry, 62, & Arieka Carr, 9, found dead, Clearlake Oaks, 1 Aug 2005

emma l said:
My partner is about 160lbs and he sometimes rolls my way in the night, its is IMPOSSIBLE to get him off - I always have to wake him up. I agree that a dead weight ways more than you think.........

There are 10 million reasons for a father being in the back of the car with his daughter- I don't think we should jump to an abuse conclusion...........

10 million :confused:

first off, something is terrible wrong, that he & his daughter just left the store, without the mother....can't think of any reason for them to do that...uuuhh, maybe after they left, he pulled over, & wanted to go to sleep, so him & his daughter got in the back of the SUV & went to sleep...THEN he rolled over on his daughter while sleeping, had a heart attack, & smothered her???.....that's the only reason i can come up with, & it doesn't really makes sense, imo......

has all the toxicology come back??...has there been nothing else reported about this?

No nothing on the toxiology that I could find when I googled today. By 10 million reasons- well here are some reasons I may get in the back of the car I dropped something, the daughter dropped something, there was a problem with the car, they were pulled over to sleep, they were hiding from someone/something etc etc.........!

I do think there is something wrong with the whole situation though- you're right. But no-one knows what goes on in other peoples realationship do they? For example my partner and I sometimes bicker in public but actually we have a very stable loving relationship and although we occasionally bicker over small things we agree on the big ones. So who knows what was going on there? Either of the parents could have been planning to leave the other and either of them could've been having an affair. I guess all these possibilities are being looked into right now...............

emma l said:
No nothing on the toxiology that I could find when I googled today. By 10 million reasons- well here are some reasons I may get in the back of the car I dropped something, the daughter dropped something, there was a problem with the car, they were pulled over to sleep, they were hiding from someone/something etc etc.........!

I do think there is something wrong with the whole situation though- you're right. But no-one knows what goes on in other peoples realationship do they? For example my partner and I sometimes bicker in public but actually we have a very stable loving relationship and although we occasionally bicker over small things we agree on the big ones. So who knows what was going on there? Either of the parents could have been planning to leave the other and either of them could've been having an affair. I guess all these possibilities are being looked into right now...............

you do have a point...i stand corrected :)

I know a lot of people, myself included, who have slept in their vehicles (even a mini van with very dark windows) and not one of them slept in their underwear and shirt. Not the adults and certainly not the children.
Well, I’ve never slept in a vehicle but I imagine if I did it wouldn’t be in my underwear! My kids have slept on car rides...fully clothed. There’s something really wrong with this.

Doubtful. Chikako Carr died less than a year later in Ashland which is where she apparently stayed. I was looking up an old movie I like that Terry Carr directed and remembered reading about his bizarre death before. I clicked on his IMDB page and someone added to the trivia that his wife died. It took me a few minutes to realize she died less than a year after her husband and daughter. Apparently my brain doesn’t grasp time and dates very well anymore! That’s what lead me to this old thread.

Unfortunately, there’s almost no information about Terry Carr and his daughter beyond the initial reports and no info on how Chikako Carr died. There’s a note on her memorial page asking for friends or family to contact the person who created it - someone named K Iwasaki. It’s all very strange.

Visit Chika Chikako Matsumoto Carr's Memorial Website

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back