GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

I live close and have many relatives living very close to this.

Boy with autism missing in Menifee; search under way

"She checked on the kids, thought he was in bed. This morning when I woke up at 8:30 to groom a dog, he was not in bed," said Dennise Bugna, partner of the child's mother. "We just want the family back."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=9165053

Based on this article, I gather that the step-brother is DB's son and Terry is SS's son, but they reside together as a family. The comments ask about "dad", but in this case, I believe "dad" is actually DB.

Extremely troubling. Really worried for this boy. Please be found safe!!

The support to help find him quickly is astounding. So many volunteers and concerned people from all over the world and in Riverside, Cali working to help locate him safely. I send a tremendous shoutout to all of you! We have his poster located at https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=612746135412391 and the page with updates for local volunteers is located here: https://www.facebook.com/faithfulservants7 they need help with search resources immediately. Let's find this boy!

It's hot in that area today and supposed to be hotter tomorrow. He really needs to be found ASAP.

Here's the very little bit I've found, just a quick summary from the above news links:

- 7:30 or so Sat night he went to bed
- Last seen wearing blue basketball shorts and no shirt
- 9:30 or so Sunday morning parents realized he wasn't there
- 10:30 LE was called
- LE, helicopter, bloodhounds, and volunteers searching

Couple of quick personal comments. That seems kind of early to go to bed IMO for a boy his age, and also seems like a long time to sleep (7:30-9:30?). Maybe he needs lots of sleep? I'm wondering if he was made to go to bed early for some reason and got mad. AFAIK there's no indication he's a potential runaway, the time is just the only thing that jumped out at me so far.

There's definitely water around. From the Menifee City FB page:
r0230132013

You might have to scroll around some but here's a Yahoo map too:
http://y.ahoo.it/pI2SszHk

Where are you getting that he slept till 9:30? That's the time they noticed him gone, he could have woke up at 6:00 or 7:00. Could also be many reasons for going to bed so early. Maybe he just wanted to go to his room and play games or something for a couple hours before he went to sleep.

This is in my area, just up the road from my city. My in-laws live in Menifee, also.

About going to bed so early (from the other thread) - my friend has an autistic 19-year-old and his bedtime is around 8:30, so I see nothing unusual about the time he went to bed. My friend's son gets up so early that he needs to go to bed that early.

There is a big man-made lake in Menifee, with houses built right up to the water, but if they live off Scott Road that would be quite a hike for him to make. Doable, but not real close.

Ugh... the water is scaring me.

I mentioned the early bed-time, and I think that didn't surprise me so much as the also late wake-up time. Is it normal for a child to go to bed so early and not be noticed missing until 9:30 the next morning? I don't have kids but have worked with an autistic child for several years - she went to bed pretty early but also got up pretty early. I guess it just seems like a really long overall time to me. It could very well be normal, I just wanted to throw the question out there.

ETA: sorry all I'm kind of confused between what goes on which thread, so I've been responding on both. Please let this guy be found and SOON.

Where are you getting that he slept till 9:30? That's the time they noticed him gone, he could have woke up at 6:00 or 7:00. Could also be many reasons for going to bed so early. Maybe he just wanted to go to his room and play games or something for a couple hours before he went to sleep.

Good point. I don't know that he slept til 9:30, just thinking it was kind of strange for him to go to bed so early and not be expected "up and about" so to speak until 9:30 so I assumed they expected him to be sleeping until then. 14 or so hours seemed kinda long. Very good point, maybe he wanted to go to his room to read, or play games, or whatever, until he went to bed. I hadn't thought about that.

The lake I am thinking of, I believe he would be noticed fairly quickly. It's not that close to his home, either. It's just a little lake surrounding homes with a walking path around the water. I think they have paddle boats out there, too, but it's not the kind of lake where you can swim. There are homes literally completely surrounding the water, right across from the path. Their back yards I believe back up to the path. I would imagine he knows how to swim at his age. My worry isn't the water, but more that someone snagged him.

I hope they have searched inside any vehicles that were parked near the home that night. We don't need a repeat of what just happened with the 7 year old in DC.

Come home kiddo ! Surely he's old enough to open up and get out of a car door, right? He was playing video games and his mom felt he was ok to leave under the care of a brother, so my guess is he's fairly mature and functions well or intermediate at least, right?

Do we have any other information other than he is missing?
I mean is there any talk of anybody at the home that night other than his family?

DOB: Mar 21, 2002
Missing: Jul 6, 2013
Height: 4'8" (142cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: White
Age Now: 11
Sex: Male
Weight: 76lbs (34kg)
Hair: Lt. Brown
Missing From:
MENIFEE
CA
United States

Terry was last seen at home on July 6, 2013 at approximately 7:30 p.m. He was last seen wearing blue basketball shorts. Terry has a scar on his nose. He may go by the nickname JuJu. Terry may be in need of medical attention.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1218978&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

DOB: Mar 21, 2002
Missing: Jul 6, 2013
Height: 4'8" (142cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: White
Age Now: 11
Sex: Male
Weight: 76lbs (34kg)
Hair: Lt. Brown
Missing From:
MENIFEE
CA
United States

Terry was last seen at home on July 6, 2013 at approximately 7:30 p.m. He was last seen wearing blue basketball shorts. Terry has a scar on his nose. He may go by the nickname JuJu. Terry may be in need of medical attention.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1218978&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Boy with autism missing in Menifee; search under way

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=9165053

Based on this article, I gather that the step-brother is DB's son and Terry is SS's son, but they reside together as a family. The comments ask about "dad", but in this case, I believe "dad" is actually DB.

So, he was last seen at 7:30pm and was noticed not in his bed at 8:30am....so, where is the 9:30 or 10:30am time coming from? How old is the teen brother/step brother?

TERRY SMITH, Age Now: 11, Missing: 07/06/2013. Missing From MENIFEE, CA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Riverside County Sheriff's Office (California) 1-951-776-1099.

Case Type: Endangered Missing

Circumstances: Terry was last seen at home on July 6, 2013 at approximately 7:30 p.m. He was last seen wearing blue basketball shorts. Terry has a scar on his nose. He may go by the nickname JuJu. Terry may be in need of medical attention.

More...

NCMC1218978c1.jpg

Praying it's Terry! Come home little man!!

<modsnip>
Is anyone listening to the scanner? Anyone have a link for this area? Thanks in advance.

Hope they find him. Tomorrow is going to be super hot. He needs to come home. :please:

Hope this is him!!!
I hope hes not too scared...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk