GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by nikb, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Kinpa4

Kinpa4 New Member

From my experience there are a few type of medications they can use for children with autism. One is abilify it is to help their temper. I was offered it for my son, but we did not use it. He's also said to have ADHD and there's lots of meds out there for that. Some which could be abused.

2. Kinpa4

Kinpa4 New Member

I also agree with folks wondering why she didn't check on him. If you have a severely autistic child I would think you would check on them often. As I stated my son is not on the severe end but I am always checking on him to see what he is up to, when he's asleep, etc.

3. AngelWings444

AngelWings444 New Member

When I first heard of this story, the first thing that came to mind is the brother. I don't know why, I hadn't even seen anything on him other than his story about him telling Terry to go home. Then, I saw the Mom in the media, and I had additional thoughts about her, the home, and other things.

Listened to the scanner the other night..and something was just off with the police and the night searches, won't bring it up here.

I am so sick that my gut was right...

I am sick for these helpless, innocent children.

I don't want to be right anymore. :(

4. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    if his cause of death were accidental, why manipulate the truth?
    if he died is one thing, if he was killed another thing, but now its murder charges, a whole nother ballgame!
    jmo

5. AngelWings444

AngelWings444 New Member

Has this been posted? It's from KTLA - Terry's Aunt Tracy's Interview. Speaks to his conditions. Press begging her to have Mom give a statement prior to body being discovered. It's sad when the community has more emotion than the family. MOO God Bless the Searchers!! They really did try!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toxE8CFs4GY&feature=youtu.be

**for some reason I can't put this youtube here..only the link. :banghead:

6. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

The last I have seen is the people who said they saw him in church on Wednesday the 3rd.
    I have been looking for another later one but haven't seen it. :seeya:

7. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I need to take a break from this one! I have such strong opinions on this one!
    Fwiw. ..
    mom is going to lose 2 sons if she doesnt step up!
    jmo

8. Newton

Newton Active Member

When I read the report about the dad and 2 teachers refuting the autism claim, I had thought it may have been made up to get more people involved in the search. It hadn't occurred to me that it would be used the way you are suggesting. That would be really low. I am going to defer my opinion.

9. Kinpa4

Kinpa4 New Member

Well she gave the info that he was high functioning and has aspergers. Exactly like my son.

10. Newton

Newton Active Member

Wow. This is rather telling imo. Thanks for posting.

11. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Well-Known Member

I wonder if she cares, JMO.

12. momma73

momma73 Member

At first I thought or still have some hope that dad never had him correctly diagnosed and mom did. My post was thinking that if all of sudden they just started saying that then you are right that would be low..... I like your thoughts much better than my own. Mine came about from the 7 year old autistic child Michael Kingsbury found in a car, then seeing all the other autistic children that have gone missing from wandering.

Found Deceased DC - Michael Kingsbury, 7, NE Washington DC, 7 Jul 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If this comes across jerkish I am sorry not intended. Jmo.

13. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Well-Known Member

Well, considering the fact that he lived with his dad until about a year ago - in a different State far, far away from these folks, how the heck could he have JUST been diagnosed with this in the past "year," at 10????

I mean really, he was in school there and in CA. He must have been as high functioning as me - and I am not ADHD, autistic on any spectrum, PTSD, etc. Jeeze, whatever happened to active kids??? JMO

I believe dad and former teachers, JMO, and this "description" of Terry has nefarious reasons behind it, JMO.

14. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I'm really sorry you had to experience that. It surely must be much more intense than watching on t.v. It brings it home.

I am leaning that way too. It could have been done as a form of protection.

I have to say though, while there may be some issues in the family, and while it is not normal, IMO to not check on your babies the minute you get home, or to refuse to speak with the media ever or to ask your relatives not to speak with the media, some of that can be explained by the feeling that you need to protect a child. We have seen parents go to great lengths to protect their children. Look at the anthonys.

The photo below shows the involuntary body language of someone hoping for a miracle, IMO. Of someone anguished but hopeful. Of a mother needing their kid back. [​IMG]

(Mother on the left). http://www.menifee247.com/2013/07/residents-rescue-teams-search-rural-terrain-for-missing-boy.html

The posts on the Find Terry FB page were that the [16 year old relative] confessed and that's when they knew where to look for the body, IIRC.

I just can't imagine what causes a pretty typical teenager (I agree with that assessment) to murder his little sibling. That's a ton of anger.

15. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Okay, I'm late to this, though am trying to piece things together just now. Am I clear on the fact that (re the Youtube video link above) the Aunt talking in the video is the sister of the "mom" who is too upset to speak? But that the "mom" who is too upset to speak with media is in fact the partner of the bio mom, and there is also a bio dad who the child lived with at times?

I'm wondering why the non-bio partner was the one who needed a 'spokesperson' (the aunt). Seems the bio mom/dad would have longer, deeper ties to this child and be the ones the media would seek comment from. Anyone clear this up for me (so I don't have to read all these pages tonight)? TIA...

16. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

The pepper tree. I wonder why there was a fence around it. Did they bury other things there? Like pets, maybe?

[​IMG]

17. Leomoon80

Leomoon80 Well-Known Member

Cute kid.....R.I.P. Terry :(

18. nikb

nikb Active Member

That makes a LOT more sense, IMO.

19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I got that the lady speaking was the sister of the bio-mom's partner?

Was it LE that fenced it maybe?

20. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

BBM
    I agree. I didn't want to be seen as bashing the mother, but I did find it odd that the times were from 7:30 pm until late morning. That is a long stretch of time. Usually, a parent will at least 'peek in' to an 11 yr old's room to check on things like lights being left on, computers on their bed, etc, before they go to bed themselves. I just found it odd that no one checked on this young kid, especially given his supposed diagnosis. JMO