GUILTY CA - Thaddeus Sran, 2, has feeding tube, found deceased, Madera, 14 Jul 2020 *parents arrested*

All I have to say is this:

My 8-month-old infant brother died inexplicably of SIDS when I was 4, it traumatized me for life. I remember that morning like it happened yesterday and I was just a child. As a mother, I constantly checked on my babies all night to make sure they were breathing and safe (to be honest, I still do even now that they are older...) I can't imagine how I would have been if I lost my own child, considering losing a brother left such deep, lifelong scars -- but let's say I hypothetically did. IF I had already lost one special needs child during the night, especially if it had only been a few years ago, then I would definitely feel the need to keep my other special needs child either in the same room with me or AT LEAST be checking on them multiple times a night. I could not go a span of 8 to 10 hours without making sure any of my kids were okay -- either I'd do it myself or have another responsible adult do it, AT LEAST. If my child had a feeding tube I imagine I'd need to check on them even more frequently. That is just my opinion based on my own experiences.

I am very concerned about this missing child.

All I have to say is this:

My 8-month-old infant brother died inexplicably of SIDS when I was 4, it traumatized me for life. I remember that morning like it happened yesterday and I was just a child. As a mother, I constantly checked on my babies all night to make sure they were breathing and safe (to be honest, I still do even now that they are older...) I can't imagine how I would have been if I lost my own child, considering losing a brother left such deep, lifelong scars -- but let's say I hypothetically did. IF I had already lost one special needs child during the night, especially if it had only been a few years ago, then I would definitely feel the need to keep my other special needs child either in the same room with me or AT LEAST be checking on them multiple times a night. I could not go a span of 8 to 10 hours without making sure any of my kids were okay -- either I'd do it myself or have another responsible adult do it, AT LEAST. If my child had a feeding tube I imagine I'd need to check on them even more frequently. That is just my opinion based on my own experiences.

I am very concerned about this missing child.
I’m very sorry for your loss. I agree that a mother would/should be vigilant, especially having lost a child already. I have a feeling there was ongoing neglect in the home.

JMO

If I remember right, there was a L&O:SVU case something like this. Parents having a special needs child and struggling with doing the right thing by the child. It didn’t even up well.

I’m on board with the original reports of what transpired not lining up with common sense. IOW, hinky meter working overtime.

I pray this little guy is safe but just for arguments sake, if he had been abducted, his feeding tube pump, lines and apparatus along with his food supplies would all have to be stolen as well unless the abductor has their own supply of feeding tube needs. I’m not putting this well but if the abductor planned on keeping the little guy alive, he/she would need to have feeding tube paraphernalia. Unless they had no intention of keeping him alive.

I’m rambling. Check the place they just moved from. I don’t think he made it to the new place. JMO

Seriously!?!? I've never seen a prostitute here. Do not appreciate you degrading my city.
everyone will have different impressions of the place they live, and demographics will vary wildly depending on what area of the city you're in. impartial statistics related to SES; the median household income in Madera was 41k in 2017, vs the median household income in California was 72k in 2017. 27% of the Madera population lived in poverty in 2017, vs 12.8% of the California population living in poverty in 2018.
(not implying that places w/ lower incomes are ''bad'' or ''dirty'' places, just that they are more likely to have more homeless/people turning to sex work)

Seriously!?!? I've never seen a prostitute here. Do not appreciate you degrading my city.

Not hiring one for their services may be why you (think) you haven't seen one. Prostitutes aren't always the scantily clad chicks in knee high boots walking the streets late at night like you see in movies. For example, a little digging and you'll see Madera had 4 massage parlors that had some "interesting" reviews.
Also, technology such as the internet and cell phones has allowed more freedom to work from home or be "on call." Where there are many hotels, you will be hard pressed to not find 1 person exchanging services for money.

It's a decent sized city and in most decent sized cities, you're going to find this if you look for it. It's not meant to be degrading to "your" city or to you personally. :)

I have found some interesting information on the Missing Pieces Network page they are in the local area and posting updates with what is going on around the neighborhood. Just thought I would share that link here if anyone wants to go check it out.

Missing Pieces Network

A neighbor who lives a couple houses away from the family told Fox26 that officers knocked on her door around 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning.

"Something about possibly getting out of a window, or that they don't know what exactly happened, but that he was missing and they were looking for him. So I just seen a bunch of police officers knocking the doors of my neighbors."

That is a possibility that he crawled out of the window. Offcourse how, is the big question. And has that hole in the fence, always been there. (Btw I am not convinced this scenario took place.)

I can't imagine a 2-year-old would wake during the night and instead of calling for mama or papa would climb out of an open window. Even IF it was left open wide and if he didn't cry when he got outside, how far would he have gotten during the night so that no one can find him? Miniscule chance of that, right? I know there was a case of a 3-year-old caught on camera leaving his home by the front door during the night (in Canada, I think) but I've never heard of a toddler out of a window...only a door.

I can't imagine a 2-year-old would wake during the night and instead of calling for mama or papa would climb out of an open window. Even IF it was left open wide and if he didn't cry when he got outside, how far would he have gotten during the night so that no one can find him? Miniscule chance of that, right? I know there was a case of a 3-year-old caught on camera leaving his home by the front door during the night (in Canada, I think) but I've never heard of a toddler out of a window...only a door.
I'm right there with you I don't see how a 2 ft tall child that crawls everywhere he goes would be able to pull himself up and climb out of a window. I don't believe that anymore than I believe someone came by and grabbed him from his bed during the night it's just not making sense unless someone related to or close to the family took him. You just don't see kidnappers going around the neighborhood peeking in windows for a child to grab.

Would he even have been able to detach himself from the feeding machine?
I have no idea how they work, but surely it wouldn't be a particularly easy procedure for a special needs 2 year old?

Obviously that's assuming he was attached to the feeding machine all night?

I'd like to add to my previous comment to say of course toddlers have climbed out of windows during the day. What I should have said was, I can't recall a case when it happened during the dark middle-of- night after the child had already been put to sleep. Older kids, yes, but no a 1 or 2-year-old. If I'm wrong, I would like to be corrected.

IMO abduction is a possibility if an accessible window was open. Other things are unfortunately also possible. I am not ready to accuse anyone. I hope LE works this out quickly.

I have no idea how they work, but surely it wouldn't be a particularly easy procedure for a special needs 2 year old?
Well I don't know what type of tube he has but the one my son had locked in place you had to turn the tubing to line up with a slot in the feeding port that was in his belly and then hold the port and pull the tubing out. It was definitely not something that a child could do even on accident.

Obviously that's assuming he was attached to the feeding machine all night?

If he was on bolus feedings, he would get so many ounces once every so many hours and wouldn’t be connected to anything the rest of the time.

Did family (or LE) report windows being unlocked & open that evening or was the a/c on? Does that bedroom window have a screen also? He was reportedly a preemie at birth and still crawls mostly at 2 years old, so it seems gross motor skills may be an issue. How good are his fine motor skills, I wonder?

If I remember right, there was a L&O:SVU case something like this. Parents having a special needs child and struggling with doing the right thing by the child. It didn’t even up well.

I’m on board with the original reports of what transpired not lining up with common sense. IOW, hinky meter working overtime.

I pray this little guy is safe but just for arguments sake, if he had been abducted, his feeding tube pump, lines and apparatus along with his food supplies would all have to be stolen as well unless the abductor has their own supply of feeding tube needs. I’m not putting this well but if the abductor planned on keeping the little guy alive, he/she would need to have feeding tube paraphernalia. Unless they had no intention of keeping him alive.

I’m rambling. Check the place they just moved from. I don’t think he made it to the new place. JMO

It could also just be a predator, saw an opportunity and kidnapped him never planned to keep him or know he had a feeding tube. JMO
Possible, yes. Likely ? Time will tell.

Re
If he was on bolus feedings, he would get so many ounces once every so many hours and wouldn’t be connected to anything the rest of the time.
Really depends on the kid's tolerance and calorie needs. My home care kids get bolus feeds during the day AND continuous overnight. All of them. But they get all of their nutrition that way as they are orally adverse due to prolonged oral intubation as newborns. The level of information about this child is appallingly scant.

I'm pretty sure that he walked out himself. If he did, he would be somewhere in a 90 mile radius, if he can go at 1 foot per second and he is going away from where he disappeared. I don't think that he could be that far, though. I just hope he's alive and well.

I'm pretty sure that he walked out himself. If he did, he would be somewhere in a 90 mile radius, if he can go at 1 foot per second and he is going away from where he disappeared. I don't think that he could be that far, though. I just hope he's alive and well.

He can't walk as of yet. He recently started to learn how to walk. According to the Sheriff, he goes around mostly crawling.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back