GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything shown up on her computer as far as maybe knowing these guys etc?

It amazes me that these men would be so brazen to enter a home, they could have been killed.

Why didn't she scream or the dog bark? This is all so terribly sad. :(

Has anything shown up on her computer as far as maybe knowing these guys etc?

It amazes me that these men would be so brazen to enter a home, they could have been killed.

Why didn't she scream or the dog bark? This is all so terribly sad. :(

She was a very high risk victim! Not snatched off the street--coming into a home where parents are home, dog in the house.

Thank God she was alive!

I'm not thinking this was gang related at all. Maybe I watch too much Criminal Minds, but I'm seeing a dominant perp with an accomplice.

The dropping off - at a hospital no less - is what's puzzling me with this one. I'm not sure what to make of it. Why didn't she go into the hospital? Did she not know it was a hospital? Was she walking home? Was she threatened? If this was a gang thing, was she taken by one man, and then others from the gang took her to the hospital because they weren't happy with the situation? Some gangs do participate in trafficking, and others have unwritten honor codes - was her kidnapping a break of that code?

Being kidnapped from her room, it's either sending a message to her family or she was targeted for sexual purposes. But in either of those instances, the victim isn't usually released - and I've never heard of one where the victim was dropped off by her attackers at the hospital. Baffling.

Why wouldn't the perps just have grabbed a girl off the street walking home from school....or maybe it's the thrill of entering a home and possibly getting caught?

The dropping off - at a hospital no less - is what's puzzling me with this one. I'm not sure what to make of it. Why didn't she go into the hospital? Did she not know it was a hospital? Was she walking home? Was she threatened? If this was a gang thing, was she taken by one man, and then others from the gang took her to the hospital because they weren't happy with the situation? Some gangs do participate in trafficking, and others have unwritten honor codes - was her kidnapping a break of that code?

Being kidnapped from her room, it's either sending a message to her family or she was targeted for sexual purposes. But in either of those instances, the victim isn't usually released - and I've never heard of one where the victim was dropped off by her attackers at the hospital. Baffling.

She is only ten. She had been kidnapped, likely raped and God knows what else. She was in shock and scared. She probably didn't know where to go. imoo I still do not know how she will recover. Im afraid she will have a lifetime of being scared. :(

Why wouldn't the perps just have grabbed a girl off the street walking home from school....or maybe it's the thrill of entering a home and possibly getting caught?

Hearing that the perps went into the home to kidnap her
makes me wonder if she was specifically targeted. Had the black truck been
noticed around the neighborhood?

Kidnapped Girl’s Aunt Says ‘She’s Doing Well’

“She’s a positive girl. She’s looking forward to going to church on Easter Sunday and she wants to go pick up Easter eggs. All that stuff,” said Stackhouse.”She’s fine. She’s doing well.”

Stackhouse added, “She’s happy to be home.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/03/28/kidnapped-girls-aunt-says-shes-doing-well/

Love and prayers to our little sweetheart :heartbeat:

Abducted girl case: A noise awoke mother to missing daughter

The mother of a Northridge girl who was abducted in the middle of the night was awakened by a sound just before she discovered her daughter was gone, police said.

After checking on her daughter at 1 a.m. Wednesday, the mother awoke again around 3:40 a.m. to a noise.

When she got up to check on her daughter, she noticed the 10-year-old girl’s door was ajar. When she peered inside her daughter’s bedroom, it was empty.

"It's every parent's nightmare,” said LAPD Capt. Kris Pitcher. “In the middle of the night you go check on your child … your child is gone."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...uction-investigation-20130329,0,6008648.story

Hoping we'll get some more info today from LE, especially more description info on the suspects, after the little girl's interview yesterday afternoon. This is such a terrifying crime. Everyone with children there, please keep your children safe until these two monsters are arrested.

Kidnapped Girl’s Aunt Says ‘She’s Doing Well’

“She’s a positive girl. She’s looking forward to going to church on Easter Sunday and she wants to go pick up Easter eggs. All that stuff,” said Stackhouse.”She’s fine. She’s doing well.”

Stackhouse added, “She’s happy to be home.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/03/28/kidnapped-girls-aunt-says-shes-doing-well/

Love and prayers to our little sweetheart :heartbeat:

This makes me sad and happy !

I agree. the whole thing doesn't make sense, does it? Dropping off at the hospital is as brazen as breaking into the house to abduct her. they could have been seen or apprehended. Also, it indicates a criminal nature with criminal experience. what do you do if someone has been injured in an illegal activity (drug od, shooting, etc - whether they're your friend or enemy)? :drop them anonymously at a hospital. you want them to get help but you don't wanna get caught. you've probably done this before.

It may not have been a hospital in the ER/acute clinic/obvious place to walk in sort of sense. There are "hospitals" around here that look like office buildings where there's an unmanned lobby and you take an elevator up to whatever particular floor you need. She could have had no idea that it was a hospital or how to get inside/to someone who could help, if she did... especially while in a state of shock.

She is only ten. She had been kidnapped, likely raped and God knows what else. She was in shock and scared. She probably didn't know where to go. imoo I still do not know how she will recover. Im afraid she will have a lifetime of being scared. :(

I realized that my pondering could sound like I was blaming her for not going into the hospital - I wasn't, simply wondering if she didn't go in because they threatened her not to report and thus she was trying to get home instead. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

It may not have been a hospital in the ER/acute clinic/obvious place to walk in sort of sense. There are "hospitals" around here that look like office buildings where there's an unmanned lobby and you take an elevator up to whatever particular floor you need. She could have had no idea that it was a hospital or how to get inside/to someone who could help, if she did... especially while in a state of shock.

Good point!

I wonder how big the hospital is where the perps dropped her off. Is it like a clinic or something?

Re...
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/march292013/missing-student.php

Snipped:
****** told police she did not know the men, who she said took her from her house to an abandoned home nearby and then to a storage facility before dropping her off at Kaiser Permanente's Woodland Hills Medical Center. ****** said she was put in several vehicles during the ordeal.

http://xnet.kp.org/newscenter/pressreleases/scal/2012/022912woodlandhillsbestER.html

Press Releases: Southern California
February 29, 2012

Snipped:

WOODLAND HILLS, Calif. — Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills Medical Center has been named a 2012 “Top Hospital for Emergency Medicine” in a national list by HealthGrades, a leading provider of comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.

Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills Medical Center is among 263 hospitals performing in the top 5 percent nationwide that were designated as Emergency Medicine Excellence Award hospitals. A full listing of these hospitals, by city, can be found online at HealthGrades.com.

It's all so sick & scary to even think its possible in today's day & time - yet it is. So sad.

Good point!

I wonder how big the hospital is where the perps dropped her off. Is it like a clinic or something?

Re...
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/march292013/missing-student.php

Snipped:
Nicole told police she did not know the men, who she said took her from her house to an abandoned home nearby and then to a storage facility before dropping her off at Kaiser Permanente's Woodland Hills Medical Center. Nicole said she was put in several vehicles during the ordeal.

From the looks of it, it appears to be a large major facility, not a small clinic. You can get an idea on my map... https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=218199748434644937742.0004d8ea328c5012ddc4b&msa=0

From the looks of it, it appears to be a large major facility, not a small clinic. You can get an idea on my map... https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=218199748434644937742.0004d8ea328c5012ddc4b&msa=0

it was stated that she was trying to get home. a basic instinct. a 10 year old probably doesn't know she needs medical care and a rape kit after an assault. Add shock to it and fear and I'm sure she was just trying to get somewhere she felt safe - with her mom.

Wow Holly! It's HUGE!

Dear God this poor sweet child! Shock has to be the reason she didnt go in there! Then paired w/ confusion, fear of more strangers, embarrassment, all the rest of the emotions people go through with an assault - Jesus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88