CA CA - Tommy Bowman, 8, Altadena, 23 March 1957

It's that time of year when Tommy disappeared :(

Looks as though this case has been solved.
Such a sad fate for Tommy and all of the other victems of Mack Ray Edwards. My heart is breaking for all of them and their families. I hope Edwards is paying for his evil actions in one way or another to this day.

I have so much admiration for Author Weston DeWalt. What a wonderful and inspiring man. It's amazing how he came to his conclusions without the help from law inforcement, they could really use someone like him on the force. I wonder if he will ever write a book about all of his detective work. I for one would read it.

Weston Dewalt is a friend of mine having known him since high school. He said this morning he was now finishing a book manuscript that concludes with the identification of the individual responsible for Tommy's abduction and murder. FYI ty.

TBowman.jpg
TBowman1.jpg

Left: Bowman, circa 1957; Right: Age-Progression by NCMEC to 60
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1267dmca.html

58 years ago today.

I work in Altadena.
What a sad case. 50 years ago today.
It also never ends. They keep going missing.

Didn't they go to the highway that Tommy is thought to be buried underneath of and find abnormalities? Did they ever pursue that and dig?

Didn't they go to the highway that Tommy is thought to be buried underneath of and find abnormalities? Did they ever pursue that and dig?
I can't answer your question, but I doubt they would tear up a major freeway based on "abnormalities." They may, however, do some digging if that road ever needs to be re-paved--who knows.

I believe that was for Dale Madison, another one of Edwards' victims. Edwards confessed to bury Dale's body under the Route 23 freeway in Thousand Oaks, CA. My understanding is that authorities will not be digging up the Route 23 freeway in pursuit of Dale's body, unfortunately.

I am in the midst of updating Edwards' victims on the Doe Network, so I've been reading a lot about these poor children.

ALT TXT

Thomas Eldon Bowman, age 8, Missing since 23 March 1957

Thomas was last seen walking with his cousins and other family members on a trail in Arroyo Cinco Canyon in Altadena, California on March 23, 1957. He told his relatives he was running ahead to the car, and when his loved ones got there later, he was not there. An extensive search produced no clues as to his whereabouts.

A week after Thomas disappeared, a letter was mailed to his home which stated he was alive and well and being cared for by an unidentified man. Another letter sent to a newspaper stated that Thomas was living in Oklahoma. It is unknown whether either communication was authentic; neither one lead to Thomas's whereabouts.

Authorities believe Mack Ray Edwards was responsible for Thomas's disappearance. In 1970, Edwards pleaded guilty to killing three California children and sentenced to death at his own request. He confessed to killing Brenda Howell, Donald Baker and Roger Madison as well, and authorities believe he was also most likely responsible for the disappearances of Bruce Kremen, Ramona Price and Karen Tompkins.

Edwards lead authorities to a site where he said he had buried some of his victims, but no evidence was located. He died by suicide on death row in 1971. A photograph of Edwards is posted with this case summary. His alleged victims ranged in age from seven to sixteen years old.

Thomas's case was reopened in 2007 as authorities renewed the search for the bodies of Edwards's victims. He was employed as a heavy equipment operator in the 1950s and 1960s, and helped construct many highways across the state of California. Investigators believe he may have buried the children's remains under the highways.

Investigating Agency​

• Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office 323-526-5541

Source Information​

LINKS:

[/URL]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads