CA - Tony, 48, Michael, 20, & Matthew Bologna, 16, murdered, San Francisco, June 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Taximom, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

This is horrendous.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/24/MNS011DN2V.DTL
    It was 3 p.m., and Bologna was nearly home when he was forced to stop, facing south, on narrow Congdon Street in the Excelsior district.
    When he did that, he blocked the path of a car that was trying to turn north onto Congdon from Maynard Street, police said Monday. It was a gray-green or gray-blue Chrysler 300M with as many as three people inside.
    The driver stared him down. Bologna soon put his Honda Civic into reverse to try to let the other car go by.
    "The driver started giving Tony dirty looks, so Tony drove back," said Lt. Mike Stasko, who heads the police homicide detail and coached youth basketball with Bologna. "The man drove alongside him and started shooting.
    "If Tony never backed up, they would still be nose to nose," Stasko said, drawing a map and showing how the two cars had been facing each other, each unable to pass. "He backed up to let the guy complete the turn. (The gunman) opened fire without saying anything."
    Bologna was killed on the spot, as was his eldest son, 20-year-old Michael Bologna, who had been a star athlete at Lincoln High School in San Francisco and was attending the College of San Mateo, playing basketball and baseball.
    Tony's youngest son, 16-year-old Matthew, was in the car's back seat and was shot several times. He was in critical but stable condition Monday at San Francisco General Hospital.

and

The killers' car was last seen heading north on Congdon. Police have no good description of the people who were in it, but say a similar Chrysler 300 was seen at another shooting earlier in the day. They are investigating whether the same people were involved in shootings that killed Tony and Michael Bologna. (more at link)

:( :behindbar

2. Loading...

3. bakerprune64

bakerprune64 Former Member

Geez!! WTF is up with people:furious: How aweful for this family and the surviving child.

4. Salem

Salem Former Member

Prayers for this family. May the father and son rest in peace.

Salem

5. hipmamajen

hipmamajen I love the friends I have gathered together on thi

That's just creepy. What is wrong with people?

6. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

I think people who are caught acting aggressive towards other drivers or driving aggressively should immediately loose their driving privileges for 6 months.

Obviously this case is a far cry beyond that but I am just tired of aggressive drivers who feel like they own the road.

7. Floh

Floh Former Member

What she said! :furious:

8. gman20001969

gman20001969 New Member

I'm gonna put my foot in it on this one...

I got 3 warning stickers on my car.

"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"
    "Driver only carries $20 worth of ammunition"
    "Gun in driver's hand is larger than it appears"

You pull up to me and you see me wearing a Sherrif's Deputy hat on. People still tend to ride my butt on the highway and when I break them, they pull up beside me and still give me the finger.

Do I carry a gun when I drive. Oh yes I do.

9. MistyM

MistyM New Member

i misread your post as people who kill people while they drive should automatically lose their license for six months. lol. i should NOT have drank those two cups of coffee today i'm speed reading inaccurately.

and i agree, thing is, how do you prove someone was doing that?

10. chiperoni

chiperoni New Member

11. MCDRAW

MCDRAW New Member

I read where the 16 year old boy died too. This is a senseless tragedy. My prayers go out to this family.

12. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Appeals-court-upholds-conviction-in-SF-murder-of-5701929.php

13. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

From July 2015:

http://abc7news.com/news/man-sentenced-for-2008-murder-of-father-two-sons-in-san-francisco/841618/