PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

CA CA - Trabuco Canyon, HispFem UP7691, 25-35, rose & web tattoo, Jan'06

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Sleuthnewbie, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Sleuthnewbie

Sleuthnewbie New Member

NamUs profile link: https://identifyus.org/cases/7691

This UID was discovered off the Ortega Highway in Orange County, CA on January 31, 2006. She is described as a hispanic female 25-35 years of age with short dark hair. Her measured height and weight are 61 inches and 113 pounds respectively.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tattoo above is on her left forearm. She also has a surgical scar below her navel - perhaps a C-section scar?

There are currently 11 rule outs.

Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
    Joyce Crider 1970 Kentucky
    Molly Dattilo 1981 Indiana
    Nelda Hardwick 1959 Louisiana
    Nina Herron 1984 New Mexico
    Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
    Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
    Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
    Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
    Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois
    Margaret Warrington 1962 Kentucky

2. Sleuthnewbie

Sleuthnewbie New Member

I have one possibility for this UID.

Maria Cantua: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9187/1/

[​IMG][​IMG]

Maria is 5'2" and 115 pounds - very close to the UID. Maria has dark hair and brown eyes like the UID as well. Maria disappeared from Calexico, CA on January 1, 1999 with her son Ignacio Cantua and daughter Maria Cantua. There is little information on their disappearance. Unfortunately, there are no dentals on Maria or DNA samples according to the NamUs report. The time lag is a mystery for me.

3. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

4. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Is that a rose tattoo? I thought it was a volcano.

Small vertical scar underneath belly button sounds more like a laparoscopy scar to me than a C-section scar. I have one in that same spot, just an inch or so.

5. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I saw this newly added MP from San Diego County, and thought she might be a possible for Trabuco Canyon Jane Doe.

Isabel Fabian Lopez
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18927/0

UID Casefile: http://doenetwork.org/cases/602ufca.html

(I cleaned up the poor quality photo from her NamUs file.)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The timeline is a bit off unless you presume that she went somewhere for 2 1/2 years.

No mention that she has any scars or tattoos.

All in all, I'd say probably not. But I'll put her up here anyway.

6. Swamp Fox Trot

Swamp Fox Trot New Member

It looks like a rose / spider web tattoo, which turns out to be a common motif. (I'm googling now.) The spider web can symbolize prison; maybe it was done behind bars? Or she fell in love with someone incarcerated? Or came of age in jail?

7. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

That tatt looks like a poor attempt at a cover. I wonder if there is a name, possibly of an ex, buried in the web somewhere. Don't feel bad, I thought volcano as well, lol.

8. vermontaigne

vermontaigne New Member

I agree that looks like a cover. There seems to be a W and maybe a P and some other script that's been balanced by a scriptlike design on the other side. Given the (minimal) effort at shadowing on the left side of the figure, as we look at it, maybe that's supposed to be some kind of cactus with flower.

9. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I don't think that's minimal shadowing, I think that's part of what the original design might have been.

Or possibly parts of the design have been roughed in but not colored yet.

10. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

I think I see the word "love" as if she had written it on herself. Then what looks like it may be a "q" but it would then be upside to the word love. The long tall lettering underneath may say "Hill" or "Hell", IDK. My brother is a tattoo artist, I'm gonna run it by him and see if anything stands out to him. I also think I may see the word "evil" multiple times but that may just be the way the web is designed, IDK.

11. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

"JAIL", I think the large letters say.

And after the "L" in jail I think I see a poor rendition of an upside down bird.

I guess that would fit.
    "What kind of bird doesn't fly? A jail bird"

Obviously birds don't fly upside down...

12. carbuff

So you think it's JAIL and not HELL or HILL? Or are you looking at a different spot?

I agree that looks like an upside down bird.

13. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

Let me see if I can outline what I think I see in paint, BRB.

14. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

What I can't figure out is the writing I have in green. I think parts of it are original and portions of it are a part of the attempt to cover.

And I do admit that there is probably too much space between the "A" and the "I" for this to look right.
    o maybe "J Hill"?

Jail bird tatt UID.jpg

15. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

Two birds and a heart?

Attached Files:

16. carbuff

Jill????

I just traced over the parts that I thought looked like the old writing, and that's what it comes out looking like.

I didn't tackle the part over the rose yet. I can't tell whether the red is over the blue, or the blue is over the red.

ETA: I'd say this is definitely a jailhouse tattoo, and it looks like she was right-handed and drew it on her own left forearm. "Jail bird" fits, and it would make sense she'd want to cover it up after she got out.

PPS: I wonder if she thought "Jill bird" was a funny pun?

Attached Files:

17. carbuff

Could be. I think the one is definitely a bird; it's got a funny beak and an eye. Or might it be a snake?

18. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

I think it is supposed to be the stem and a leaf of the rose but it does look like two birds and a heart so maybe it's both?

19. carbuff

It's too fat and twisty to be just the stem, but it could be both.

I traced the blue lines -- oddly, that top blue line looks like it was originally one long line that runs along the top of the design, which isn't the way one normally draws a flower stem. Usually it will run into the middle somewhere. But it just looks like a rose there, with the stem coming out of the far side. And then the bird. So you could be right that it was supposed to be both at the same time.

Does it look to you like there's something inside the orange circle?

Attached Files:

20. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

Yes, it does. When I look at that tatt from further back that area looks a lot darker. When I look closely it appears that there was a line across the middle of an "H" and later there was an attempt to blur that line by making two more lines, one above and one below that line (bridge) in the "H". It appears there is some attempt at shading but it is not a good job.

Is what I think could be the "J" or "W" really just another part of the rose's stem?

And the stem on the right reminds me of the "toilet paper roses" or napkin roses they make in jail, where they twist the paper to form the stem. I guess if this is what one used for a pattern it might look like that on the tatt?