CA CA - Trabuco Canyon, HispFem UP7691, 25-35, rose & web tattoo, Jan'06

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Sleuthnewbie, Dec 21, 2011.

1. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

2. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Oh, that's a good thought about the paper roses. Yes, it does resemble those -- even the leaf looks like the twist of paper that makes a leaf.

But if she had done time, wouldn't her fingerprints have been in the database?

3. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

Makes me wonder if those "letters" I can't identify are a corruption of MS 13 so that it would not be as noticeable to LE.
    I originally thought Spanish Cobras because of what appears to be an "SC" but going through their tatts I don't see anything at all that resembles this UID's tatt. Besides, the Spanish Cobras are more Chicago and not California.

4. carbuff

Hm, could be -- that would hint that she might originally be from the Chicago area, and I thought that bird thing could be a snake emerging from the stem.

That Wikipedia article you found seemed to be mostly about Russian gangs, but it did mention that it's common for the partners of men in jail to display jailhouse tattoos in sympathy/solidarity, so maybe that's why she has a jail-style tattoo but her prints weren't on record.

5. malaika

malaika Member

I'm not seeing any of the birds and letters and stuff yall are talking about. I think it's just a terrible home-done tattoo that she got, or did herself, in her teens.
    it definitely doesn't look recent.

6. carbuff

You're right, it's probably just a design she liked. Yes, it's not a new tattoo, but there are places where the lines are thicker, and other places where the lines are cleaner, that make it look like part of it was put down more recently. There are lots of reasons to cover part of an old tattoo, including just that she wanted to make the design better or more detailed, but if there is something underneath, it could be a clue to where she might have come from.

7. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

I would rather dissect the tattoo and cover every possibility we can think of because a lot of people have hidden designs in their tattoos rather than to just dismiss it at it's face value. (No Malika, I'm not suggesting that you have done that. ;) I'm just jumping off your post ) It's like a puzzle to me. If there is nothing there with any meaning then all I am out is some time. :) I have a rose tattoo myself. There is hidden stuff in my tattoo as well. ;)

I love being able to brainstorm here with the other posters. :) It is so interesting to me how there can be numerous posters that look at one pic and all see something different. It's just amazing!

I am a spaghetti poster, lol. I throw all of my ideas out here in the pot and see what sticks, lol. Some are nothing more than laughable at best but I throw them out there anyway. I figure even if my idea is not a workable at the time maybe it will spark ideas for others to jump off from. :)

Carbuff, I do see what you mean about that one area looking like a snake. I think it does too. :)

BBL

8. deca

deca New Member

Yeah, I see a "W" and maybe a "P" at the edge of that tattoo, but I see a lot of other weird badly drawn stuff in there. It looks like a homemade- I think a lot of people of a certain socioeconomic group have those.

In that same vein, I am guessing she wasn't reported missing. She was probably working in San Diego and the person who made her missing was of a relationship to normally be the reporting party.

Does the surgical scar suggest some sort of C-section? I also find it interesting she had NO jewelry. My guess is all that was removed and that she would normally be wearing some, at least a necklace and some earrings. Most women who have their nails done up nicely also wear some jewelry. Gold crosses and earring, etc., are popular in the latina community.

9. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer Active Member

There's a bit on the left that looks to me like someone lying back waving a flag. Man that's a mess of a tat!

10. carbuff

The "medical" section describes "prior cesarean surgery," so yeah, at least one child.

Good point about the jewelry. With that gorgeous nail job, you'd expect some jewelry. But it doesn't mention pierced ears, so maybe she didn't wear much.

11. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

Oh that's a good observation there! I hadn't even thought about her not having jewelry on but having a fifty dollar manicure.

12. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

i think you can get a full set of acrylic nails w that airbrush design for $20. but i agree, she prob did have SOME type of earrings or jewelry.

13. JayFletcher6493

JayFletcher6493 Member

14. hayaletcatcher

hayaletcatcher Active Member

Now 33 names on the rule outs-
    Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
    Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
    Amy Bocanegra 1977 California
    Teresa Butler 1970 Missouri
    Kandie Cornett 1979 California
    Joyce Crider 1970 Kentucky
    Molly Dattilo 1981 Indiana
    Araceli Estupian 1994 California
    Angela Hammond 1971 Missouri
    Nelda Hardwick 1959 Louisiana
    Nina Herron 1984 New Mexico
    Dawn Holt 1975 Maryland
    Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
    Khadijah Jenkins 1986 Maryland
    Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
    Amy Liebl 1973 Oklahoma
    Jessica Lopez 1989 Arizona
    Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
    Lori Murchison 1970 Arkansas
    Ingrid Ortiz Unknown California
    Wanda Perkins 1968 Georgia
    Sandy Rea 1966 Oklahoma
    Donnis Redman 1943 California
    Kimberly Riley 1979 Ohio
    Kristy Rogers 1980 Florida
    Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
    Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
    Katrina Sweaney 1972 Oregon
    Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois
    Karen Tompkins 1950 California
    Ana Triben 1960 California
    Colleen Voitik McHugh 1963 Illinois
    Margaret Warrington 1962 Kentucky
    Jennifer Wilson 1974 California

15. jacobd83

jacobd83 New Member

16. Treelights

Treelights New Member

Perhaps you did identify her??

Your link says that the case has been removed.

17. WyomingSkyAngel

WyomingSkyAngel Rocky Mountain Fresh

My guess regarding the tat is it's a joke about her personality (I'm Mexican-American & I'm thinking this unidentified woman might be too)...Something like "Pretty like a rose but you draw people in like a spider." (Black humor is very common in Latin culture.)

I hope she gets IDed.

18. jacobd83

jacobd83 New Member

I just got an email saying Marcella Cortez is no longer missing.... She was located in Mexico.... So that rules her out

19. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

[h=1]Dia De Los Muertos: OC Coroner Honoring The Unidentified Dead[/h][​IMG]
    https://patch.com/california/founta...tos-oc-coroner-honoring-the-unidentified-dead

20. digitective

digitective Well-Known Member

A couple more ruleouts:
    • Devinee Pingul
    • Susan Rieling

carbuff likes this.