Deceased/Not Found CA - Trayshawn Harris, 6, & Joshua Greely, 1, San Francisco, 19 Oct 2005 *Mom guilty*

Bobbisangel said:
I just heard about this....one of the children's body has been recovered. I can't imagine why women do something like this. Like Susan Smith...she could have given those two little boys to their dad yet she chose to drown them...may she burn in hell when she dies.

So far the news is really sketchy about this mom. The stroller sitting there empty tells us that there is a baby involved. Don't these women realize that there are people who would give anything to have children. Why murder them instead. This woman has to be insane. No sane mother does this to her babies.
Bobbisangel Hell is not hot enough for women like this ...... story's like this make me so angry . :furious: Poor babies .

A 23-year-old woman who said she was hearing voices stripped her three small children naked Wednesday and threw them off a San Francisco fishing pier into the bay, authorities said.

Diners and strollers watched in horror as rescuers raced against an ebb tide to search for the children in the murky waters off Pier 7. After five hours, the body of a small child was pulled from the bay near Fort Mason. Minutes later, police booked the mother of the children, Lashaun Harris of Oakland, on three counts of murder.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/10/20/MNG86FB9541.DTL

This story is making me physically sick to my stomach. What the hell is going on in this world? Are people just nuts?

Jeana (DP) said:
This story is making me physically sick to my stomach. What the hell is going on in this world? Are people just nuts?
Jeana, I believe that the answer to that is "yes".

Jeana (DP) said:
In this case, the woman was a diagnosed schizophrenic, so I'd have to say "yes".

And others knew about this and did nothing. If you know you should speak not be clouded because of embarassment. See, it is the denial thing again. Just open your trap and let LE investigate.This is so upsetting...3 little children.

Sick.

Those poor babies.

Mine are 5 and 3. I can't even imagine.

Those poor babies.

cherylereed said:
I wonder if she had run out of medication? Why can't the doctors do an implant to regulate dosage- like they do with insulin? This seems to be just as life threatening- to themselves and others as well.
And why was she homeless if she has family? Wonder how they feel about it all now.
I put part of the blame on her family. They knew she lived in a homeless shelter and mentally ill. If I knew my sister had a mental problem, her kids would be with me in a heartbeat. Maybe I'm shootin my mouth off before all the facts are in, but shouldn't she have some history with social services? Seems a caseworker should have stepped in to remove the children.

Lashaun Harris told authorities that voices had told her to throw her children into the water, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. It was not immediately known whether she had an attorney.

Asia Powell, who identified herself as Harris' cousin, said Harris was taking medication for a mental illness.

"When the doctors seen her she would straighten up you know. And then when she wasn't around the doctors, she would be on a whole different level, off her medication," Powell told CBS station KPIX-TV. "I know that she would never hurt her kids."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/20/national/main956893.shtml

Harris had been staying with her children at a Salvation Army shelter in Oakland, the Chronicle reported.

"I just talked to her yesterday," Mary Ann Ramirez, the shelter's social services manager, told the newspaper Wednesday. "We had our usual how are you doing, how's the kids. I would never have guessed in a million years that today she would do that."
http://www.katu.com/stories/80542.html

The San Francisco Chronicle reported that the woman told authorities that voices had told her to throw her children in. And 16-year-old Britney Fitzpatrick, who said she is the woman's half-sister, said Harris talked to herself and was diagnosed with schizophrenia this year.

"She told my mama she was going to feed them to the sharks," Britney said of the children. "No one thought it was that serious." http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1235350&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

OMG! I am just SICK over this!
I am starting to wonder if I am the only mentally ill mother sane enough to stay on her meds!
Dear Lord, Save us from ourselves!

About a dozen family members spent Thursday afternoon meeting with police investigators and praying near the pier. They described Harris as a devoted mother who used to work as a nurse's assistant at a retirement home in Oakland, but over the last year and a half fought an increasingly unsuccessful battle with mental illness.

"It's confusing. I just want to know why she did it," said Demarcus Harris, a cousin.

Lashuan Harris, the third oldest of seven siblings, had been living with her children in a Salvation Army shelter in Oakland since early September, said her oldest sister, Telicia Harris, 26.

Before that, she lived with her mother in Oakland, with another sister in Jacksonville, Fla., and with the father of her children. She had been taking medication for her schizophrenia, but Telicia Harris said she did not know how consistently.
http://ap.staugustine.com/pstories/20051020/3376485.shtml

They turned the search over to the fire department now. They'll be watching for floaters; hopefully the bodies will rise to the surface over the next week, or so. With the tides, and the currents, they could be found almost anywhere.

mysteriew said:
About a dozen family members spent Thursday afternoon meeting with police investigators and praying near the pier. They described Harris as a devoted mother who used to work as a nurse's assistant at a retirement home in Oakland, but over the last year and a half fought an increasingly unsuccessful battle with mental illness.

"It's confusing. I just want to know why she did it," said Demarcus Harris, a cousin.

Lashuan Harris, the third oldest of seven siblings, had been living with her children in a Salvation Army shelter in Oakland since early September, said her oldest sister, Telicia Harris, 26.

Before that, she lived with her mother in Oakland, with another sister in Jacksonville, Fla., and with the father of her children. She had been taking medication for her schizophrenia, but Telicia Harris said she did not know how consistently.
http://ap.staugustine.com/pstories/20051020/3376485.shtml
I just hope she get's the Death Penalty for doing this. :(:(:(

GW-Danny said:
I just hope she get's the Death Penalty for doing this. :(:(:(

With the mental health history she most likely won't. First they will try for insanity (and most likely get it) then at most she will probably get LWOP.

One at a time, witnesses say, Lashuan Harris stripped her three children — 6-year-old Treyshun Harris, 2-year-old Taronta Greeley, and 16-month-old Joshoa Greeley — of their clothes and dropped them off a pier into the cold waters of San Francisco Bay.

The body of Taronta was recovered late Wednesday, four hours after he was thrown into the water, near a yacht club, about two miles from the pier. The U.S. Coast Guard continues to search for Treyshun and Joshoa.

Harris' sister, Tanisha Harris, said the children's grandmother, who nearly collapsed at the scene, had been worried when her daughter stopped taking her medication and had sought custody of the kids.

"She tried to help and they (social services officials) said 'we can't do nothing' cause it's her kids," said Tanisha Harris.

"She was not violent, she was not loud, she wasn't abusive in any way," said Kelly Gable of the Salvation Army shelter in Oakland, Calif., where Harris and her children lived.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1236433

The woman seen dropping her young sons into San Francisco Bay pleaded innocent Friday to three counts of murder.

Lashuan Harris, described as mentally ill by family members, kept her head down and held her public defender's hand through most of the brief court hearing. She quietly answered "yes" when the San Francisco Superior Court judge asked if she was willing to waive her right to a speedy preliminary hearing.

Harris, 23, faces three counts of murder with the "special circumstance" of multiple murder. A claim of special circumstances means a murder defendant could be eligible for the death penalty, but San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris said she hasn't yet decided on whether to seek such a sentence.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/10/21/national/a101954D13.DTL

OK... how can witnesses watch her strip the clothes off of her children and them drop them in the water one by one and not do anything???

Apparently the grandmother did try and get the kids.

OMG! I just saw this on my MSN homepage, and the woman is pleading. I didn't want to watch it all so I came here to see if anything was posted on this.. I feel so sad.. what is going on with this world... :banghead: :( :( :( :( Those poor kids :( :(

Before dropping her three young sons into San Francisco Bay, Lashuan Harris had been hospitalized, prescribed drugs to quiet the voices inside her head, and reportedly told relatives she planned to feed her children to the sharks.

Still, mounting a successful insanity defense will be difficult for the 23-year-old mother, legal and mental health experts said.

California is one of about 20 states that uses the strictest legal standard for assessing a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity. Under the rule, criminal defendants must show not only evidence of mental illness, but that they were incapable of determining right from wrong.
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/...3/APN/510230879&cachetime=3&template=dateline

2luvmy said:
OK... how can witnesses watch her strip the clothes off of her children and them drop them in the water one by one and not do anything???

Apparently the grandmother did try and get the kids.
I wondered the same thing. After she dropped the first one in, why didn't anyone take her down? A witness had time to call 911 for gosh sakes. If I had seen a woman doing that, witnesses would have to call 911 to get me off her crazy *ss. I'm not that familiar with the bridge, but apparently there were quite a few people there at the time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back