Found Deceased CA - Tushar Atre, 50, tech executive, kidnapped, Santa Cruz County, Oct 2019 *ARRESTS*

I'm sure a LOT more evidence exists than what has been shown to the press. If it goes to trial that kind of evidence would be interesting but it won't go to trial, either of the two ways I could see it going down. This guy on a bicycle probably cased it and saw some vulnerability. I'm sure a Silicon Velley tech exec isn't in the habit of running a very tight ship. Maybe the girlfriend goes outside to smoke, for example. I haven't Google mapped the scene so I can only broadly guess.

The people in the neighborhood and I think the same thing. Too much coincidence otherwise. Why not target someone even richer and softer? You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a millionaire nerd in SoCal

It's not May 21 at 11:00am PST yet. They're building drama.
Huh? You said it was old school weed growers that killed him. It was early 20s probably tweakers or something. They targeted him because he was in the illegal weed game whereas 99.9% of millionaire tech nerds aren't. Santa Cruz is pretty much NorCal btw

Somehow I doubt the people arrested are going to be "tweakers" and the people who sent them, doubly definitely not.

URGENT- PLEASE HELP TO KEEP WEBSLEUTHS RUNNING ...
  1. Right now there are over one hundred members online and 445 guests . I know that @Tricia is too polite to keep asking but I’m bumping this post because WEBSLEUTHS is an amazing site and just its presence in my life at a difficult time, got me through! I was able to lose myself in WS . Like the 445 guests right now, I was a lurker , a watcher and see what happens for a long time before I took the courage to sign up. Guys and Gals - WE DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS SITE . Please, only if you are able, consider donating. Every $1 matters and if all 445 of you lurkers only ever gave this $1 right now, you are still having WS in your life for as long as you want it. Even if you can’t afford anything because of the extraordinary circumstances that the world finds itself in right now, that’s ok. But because of COVID 19, this beloved site is at critical because of lost revenue yet @Triciastill has to pay the bills . So please if you are able to afford anything at all, no matter how large or small , please consider donating. One member mentioned that the link to donate wasn’t the preferred method. If that’s the case then post on here for Tricia’s or a mods attention or message them . But either way, please , if you can , help WS to stay up and running. We are a community here , almost family like . I for one couldn’t not have WS in my life. Peace to all and stay safe.

Somehow I doubt the people arrested are going to be "tweakers" and the people who sent them, doubly definitely not.
Somehow I doubt you much at all about Santa Cruz or the black market marijuana culture from here to Humboldt

So at least now we know that two of them worked for him. Robbery was the motive and they won't say who pulled the trigger. Punks. Crime is rampant with the cannabis industry, you just don't hear about it unless it's a high profile. In my opinion there would be a lot less cash around if the Feds would get it together and let them bank.

LIVE: Santa Cruz Sheriff to release details of Tushar Atre murder investigation

"A whole bunch of" warrants served in Southern California and Michigan Tuesday morning simultaneously. 62 warrants total written in the course of the investigation. Two former marijuana cultivation employees, one of whom was already back in Michigan, that guy's brother and a friend. All early 20s, no previous criminal history. It does look like it was just low level employees taking what they felt they could take. We'll see if the money is recovered or if it magically disappeared "somewhere".

Somehow I doubt you much at all about Santa Cruz or the black market marijuana culture from here to Humboldt
If you have inside information to share on this case and would like to become a verified insider here is the link to do so
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Huh? You said it was old school weed growers that killed him. It was early 20s probably tweakers or something. They targeted him because he was in the illegal weed game whereas 99.9% of millionaire tech nerds aren't. Santa Cruz is pretty much NorCal btw

the cannabis industry is legal there, was his business illegal?

He held a license for his lab but the grow doesn't seem to be licensed. Different types of cannabis activities require different licenses, so having a lab license for his business doesn't mean 100% of his operations were licensed/legal, just what occurred at the licensed location.

You can search for all legal cannabis businesses in California on the Bureau of Cannabis Control site. If they aren't on there, the operation isn't legal. BCC Search Form

URGENT- PLEASE HELP TO KEEP WEBSLEUTHS RUNNING ...
  1. Right now there are over one hundred members online and 445 guests . I know that @Tricia is too polite to keep asking but I’m bumping this post because WEBSLEUTHS is an amazing site and just its presence in my life at a difficult time, got me through! I was able to lose myself in WS . Like the 445 guests right now, I was a lurker , a watcher and see what happens for a long time before I took the courage to sign up. Guys and Gals - WE DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS SITE . Please, only if you are able, consider donating. Every $1 matters and if all 445 of you lurkers only ever gave this $1 right now, you are still having WS in your life for as long as you want it. Even if you can’t afford anything because of the extraordinary circumstances that the world finds itself in right now, that’s ok. But because of COVID 19, this beloved site is at critical because of lost revenue yet @Triciastill has to pay the bills . So please if you are able to afford anything at all, no matter how large or small , please consider donating. One member mentioned that the link to donate wasn’t the preferred method. If that’s the case then post on here for Tricia’s or a mods attention or message them . But either way, please , if you can , help WS to stay up and running. We are a community here , almost family like . I for one couldn’t not have WS in my life. Peace to all and stay safe.

Where is the main post or link for donations? I tried searching but couldn't find it.

He had legal businesses. I don't think everything was on the up and up considering what happened. I was more responding to evilwise saying it wasn't tweekers when probably 75% of weed ripoffs in Ca are meth related. I texted my friend in Tushar's neighborhood saying how it was his workers and his reply was "Kids with meth eyes ...check it" and he would know haha

He held a license for his lab but the grow doesn't seem to be licensed. Different types of cannabis activities require different licenses, so having a lab license for his business doesn't mean 100% of his operations were licensed/legal, just what occurred at the licensed location.

You can search for all legal cannabis businesses in California on the Bureau of Cannabis Control site. If they aren't on there, the operation isn't legal. BCC Search Form

thank you! thanks for sharing the search tool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back