CA - Two charged after 113 dead kittens found, along with 51 cats in need of care

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Aug 23, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Monterey County: 113 dead kittens found at two properties in Seaside (mercurynews.com, 07.26)
    more at the link

Cat-hoarding case: Seaside mother and daughter charged (montereyherald.com, 08.23)
    more at the link

2. Loading...

3. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

Tears are falling while i read this as I'm sure they are from all the animal lovers here. Why?

goz

4. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

Mein Gott I hate people sometimes...

5. josie1986

josie1986 Verified Juanette

i dont even want to read the rest of that,we have a kitten thats just 9weeks old cant imagine anyone hurting her.

6. sharkeyes

sharkeyes Queen of Swords and Cups

Absolutely horrendous...special place in hell for those responsible, karma is a beeetch. God bless those that survived and the people taking care of them.

7. Nova

Nova New Member

Mental illness. Clearly. I don't believe God sends sick people to hell.

8. sharkeyes

sharkeyes Queen of Swords and Cups

Touche! Yes, animal hoarding is identified as part of the OCD family of disorders in the DSM-IV and is therefore considered a mental disorder.

I am quick to judge, I admit, hopefully they will receive treatment that will keep this from happening again, however, most animal hoarders return the hoarding behavior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding#Animal_hoarding

Not only are there significant health risks associated with compulsive hoarding, but scientists are also trying to pinpoint how significant the interference is with occupational and social functioning in a hoarder's daily life. In a pool of compulsive hoarders, 42% found their behavior problematic to the 63% of their family and friends who saw the behavior as problematic. The findings suggest that individuals who hoard may exhibit impaired sensitivity to their own and othersÂ’ emotions, and conversely, relate the world around them by forming attachments to possessions [or animals] rather than to people. Lower emotional intelligence among hoarding patients may also impact their ability to discard and organize their possessions.[38] With such detrimental characteristics, comprehensive research has been performed to find a cure. Although this is ongoing research, most investigations have found that only a third of patients who hoard show an adequate response to these medications and therapeutic interventions.