CA CA- Veta Belford, 19, disappeared from Home Depot, Sacramento, 17 Oct 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJ's Mamu

KJ's Mamu Well-Known Member

Based on descriptions of Veta, this behavior is unexpected and worrisome and brings to question her state of mind. My heart hurts for her family. Prayers that they find her safe and well!

Personally, I would be tempted to buy a Greyhound ticket to New York on the same day of the week and for the same route and leaving at the same time. I would take the trip and get out at every stop and show her picture...ask questions in order to determine if she had been seen getting off and back on the bus. Once I reached New York I would spend some time there haunting homeless shelters, hostels and inexpensive hotels....and the sooner the better before memories dim. I would also ask to speak to the bus drivers the drove the route the Veta may have travelled. It might be a wild goose chase, but if at the end of the trip I didn't find her, I would feel like I did truly everything I could to find her. Obviously that would take resources and time that the family may not have available...

Rellabella, eekasaur, misgrn and 36 others like this.

2. amethystcrystal

amethystcrystal Well-Known Member

I think her mom said that they talked to the manager at the store and they told her that she got her last paycheck that day ($1,000).

3. SimplyCass

SimplyCass Well-Known Member

Veta buying a one-way Greyhound bus ticket to New York completely baffles me. I see two scenarios.

She knew she would be laid off from HD: I really doubt this, but if she did, would she know in advance that she'd receive a final pay check, and could cash it, and use it to buy the bus ticket? but she didn't have her ID with her (which is normally required to board a Greyhound bus) and only had a small crossbody bag. I am assuming she didn't pack any toiletries, change of clothes, etc. in that bag.

She did not know: it still doesn't make any sense, even as an impulsive decision, to spend $273 on a one-way bus ticket to New York.

There is a six-hour gap from when Veta left HD (around 4:00 PM) to when that Greyhound bus left Sacramento (10:05 PM).

The Greyhound itinerary for Sacramento to NYC is even more baffling. $273 would be an Economy Extra seat (the lowest one is $229). For this upcoming Saturday, there are two buses that depart at 10:05 PM. Both roughly take 79-82 hours to reach NYC and mostly follow the same stops, with some deviations. There are major stops in nine states (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania). Schedule 6813 with two transfers arrives at 8;45 AM four days later. Schedule 6813 with one transfer arrives at 11:15 AM four days later; it differs from the first route in that it stops in Columbus, OH and has more stops in Pennsylvania.

4. StarrChance

StarrChance Well-Known Member

Does Veta have a middle name (or nickname) she might use?

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws Simply Cass, thanks for the information - every bit counts in this baffling case!

6. steff13

steff13 Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

Re: termination from Home Depot. Do we know for sure she was laid off, or was she fired? The location where she worked is still hiring, it seems unlikley she was laid off, but was more likely fired. I think from a mental health standpoint those are very different scenarios. If she was fired, the reason why could also point to her state of mind. MOO

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2020
  7. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey everyone,

I'm sure we can all appreciate how stressful this is for Veta's mom right now. Our hearts go out to her at this very difficult time.

As noel leon is an established WS member in good standing and a friend of Veta's mother, we are verifying noel leon as a family spokesperson to speak for agnebelford when she isn't up to contributing to the thread herself.

Both agnebelford and noel leon may post inside information without having to provide links to what they state as fact.

Please be respectful toward our VIs. You may ask questions of them but please do not pressure or badger for information. If there is something y0u disagree with, please just scroll on by without arguing.

Thank you all for being here for Veta.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  8. moody_chicago

moody_chicago Well-Known Member

It didn’t even occur to me that she bought a ticket to the other side of the country. It’s not just one state to the next. This is alarming on an entirely new level now. :confused::(

9. noel leon

noel leon Verified family spokesperson - Veta Belford case

I am so proud of agnebelford , Vetas Mother, for going to Sacramento's City Hall to put pressure on our Police Department!They were not answering her calls or returning calls.She went on Monday and with her sweet determination, and obvious love for her daughter , I think they are finally adding Veta to NAMUS!

10. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

It does seem rather extreme to buy a ticket across the country and just go without any of your things or (seemingly) no plans, not knowing anyone, etc.

Seems something someone would do if having a mental breakdown of sorts. Not well thought out or planned. However, the VI stated that Vetas phone records showed her searching New York prior to the day of her layoff/firing. So perhaps this was indeed being planned and veta just was waiting for the money/right opportunity to go?

11. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

12. noel leon

The searches started right after they terminated her.The day she went missing at apx 4:45 PM.

13. noel leon

We would all do the same!

14. insearchoflight

Thank you! I thought I recalled searches prior to that date, my mistake. So she had some time after being terminated before deciding to buy the ticket it seems.

were you able to determine the nature of her termination?

Warwick7, misgrn, happyday and 6 others like this.
  15. noel leon

The manager we confronted would not tell us why, only that she most definitely was fired.

16. insearchoflight

That puts it more in perspective. She was fired rather than laid off and only started searching for new York that afternoon after being fired.

did you determine if she was able to cash her last paycheck/amount of it?

17. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Does anyone familiar with Veta, have any ideas as to why she may have been interested in specifically going to NY?

Traymar, misgrn, happyday and 9 others like this.
  18. agnebelford

agnebelford Verified family member - mother of Veta Belford

Thank you everyone for your concern also your help.As right now I still try to solve my daughter case. I do what ever I can to get my daughter back.It’s hard for me day by day not seeing my daughter or hear her voice. So please this Friday I’m going live on YouTube by the help from Jason Hebert on his YouTube channel helping Interview Family to bring there love ones home . I will live by 6pm Sacramento CA time on Friday.But I will not stop looking for my daughter until I die.And I still praying every day every night to God please help me though this .I can’t do this on my own I need God’s help every day.

19. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

❤️❤️

20. Vacajoe

Vacajoe Well-Known Member

There is a Walmart a few storefronts down from the Home Depot. Veta would have had plenty of time before going to the bus station to buy toiletries, clothes, luggage, food, and a new cellphone with the cash she had been given.

Rellabella, Traymar, misgrn and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.