CA CA- Veta Belford, 19, disappeared from Home Depot, Sacramento, 17 Oct 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agnebelford

agnebelford Verified family member - mother of Veta Belford

Yes thanks for your concern.That’s what I’m been worried about my daughter when one of her co-worker said that to me. they can’t even let me see the camera.So the police have the camera but the police won’t let me see the camera to.They said because they do there investigations.So I have to find help on my own.And if I never keep calling there department and leave a lot of messages .And they call me back and they said they still working on the case.There is know update from there department.But when there department call me back they asked me if I found any new update.I was like what .So that’s mean they not doing there investigation.But I will not give up or rest until I found my daughter

2. Backabeyond

Backabeyond Well-Known Member

So the police told you they saw her walk away across the parking lot. Ok, good. The police might not have anything to go on, and you're their best shot at new info at this point.

3. Backabeyond

Mom said the police have it, so I'm guessing thats where the
    Uber operates in Cali, correct? much cheaper and easier option than taxi.

4. Backabeyond

nvm, i misread what you were saying. need sleep. not firing on all cylinders A trip to the beach to clear her head? how far is that? my cali geography is garbage.

5. Backabeyond

Have the police looked at cameras at other businesses?

6. Auntie_Seagull

Auntie_Seagull Former Member

It was linked and quoted in this thread before...

Attempt to Locate

Bolded by me. So it seems there is a video.

7. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Respectfully, all avenues should be considered until there is a firm indicator which points a specific direction. Veta's story is still being pieced together. Ultimately, we hope she is alive and well.

I'm trying to be respectful of Veta's Mom, while still asking questions which could lead us to her. Could Veta possibly be pregnant?

8. agnebelford

agnebelford Verified family member - mother of Veta Belford

Thank you for your concerns.Even me I’m try to solve my daughter case.But when I go around at her job they keep giving me a different answer.The store wouldn’t let me see there camera either.No she is not pregnant because the same week she went missing I took her to her doctor appointment for her every 6months check up.So someone work at Home Depot know something.Because some off her co-worker said it’s not make sense the way they laid her off.So please I’m try to solve the puzzle here.But even the police they can’t even let me see the camera.But the police do have the camera now.But they said they do there investigation.And I even hire a Private Investigator to help me locate my daughter.Because it’s kind suspicious my daughter missing with out a trace.So please help me and keep praying for her safe return.

9. OzzieB

OzzieB Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Marg from Oz and dotr like this.
  10. Backabeyond

I can't disagree. But the one thing anyone can do immediately is prepare for the worst and do a search and spread the word. The rest is mostly in the hands of police. I'm going with the most firm indicator we have at the moment. She got fired and walked away. What happened after that is anyones guess, but I know that statistically kidnapping and murder are quite rare, and that losing a job can be incredibly stressful.

11. Backabeyond

What doesn't make sense about her firing? Keep in mind that most coworkers don't have the full story. They just know what they personally see. There may be reason she was fired that they arent aware of.

12. OzzieB

OzzieB Well-Known Member

Maybe an employee saw her reaction after she was laid off and they told her they would give her a ride? Maybe shr went out to wait for someone's shift to be over? Maybe a 4 o'clock shift? Do we know if another employee gets off at that time? Does Veta ever gets rides from employees?

13. Backabeyond

14. Vacajoe

Vacajoe Well-Known Member

For those who are not local, I can answer a few of the posted questions re: the location:

- 92 degrees is hot, but normal by Sacramento standards

- the nearest ocean beach is a two hour drive, but we do have nice and free river beaches that kids like to visit

- the canals around that area are generally for drainage, with a few serving agricultural areas. At this time of the year they tend to be very shallow, even empty at times

- the movie theater there is currently closed (COVID), but there are a number of very active restaurants in the area. The BofA has no building interior, just the ATM on the outside

15. Vacajoe

Vacajoe Well-Known Member

What I find interesting is that she chose to walk across that parking lot rather than along the business storefronts to the north (there is a nearby Walmart with a McDonalds in it to the north of Home Depot, as well as a Starbucks). Employees park in the direction she was headed, so perhaps she was going to meet a coworker for a ride.

That parking lot is not a pleasant place to take a walk to clear one’s head, nor is there an exit from it in the direction she was heading. If she was trying to reach the canal, there are much closer and less-traveled access points then across the parking lot.

16. liveoak

liveoak Well-Known Member

Mom said that Veta goes to the doctor every six months. Is there a medical condition that might help find her? Does she need medication that she should have with her?
    I’m hoping that she is safe and will reunited with her family soon.

17. OzzieB

OzzieB Well-Known Member

Belford Family, please do not be offended by my theory.
    One thing that comes to mind is she may have known she was being laid off and was going in to collect her things and say her goodbyes. She may have not been scheduled for a full shift and just decided not tell you. She may have planned on leaving. I would encourage you to check who she was talking to and if she ever mentioned wanting to move somewhere. Maybe even another state or another part of Cali. Some of the details in the case in my mind do not point to Foul Play. She may have left without saying anything because maybe she felt she wouldn't be allowed to move out or maybe move in with a boyfriend.

18. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Well-Known Member

7 weeks now. Was she being followed and that is why the video has not been released? Could something have happened at her doctor's appointment that mom is not privy to? Why was she fired? I agree, that is pivotal to deciding where to go from here, figuratively speaking.

Another case that I have to assume LE knows A LOT more than has been released.

19. wishBones1962

wishBones1962 Well-Known Member

What is the "7 weeks" time frame refer to? She went missing on Oct 17th, 2020. That's just 20 days by my reckoning. Am I missing something here?

20. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Well-Known Member

Gosh, you're right - I am not sure what I was thinking - I knew it was just in October, but I did read Knox' post above and Knox said seven weeks but probably meant "several" weeks, and I just glommed on. Thank you for pointing that out. It has only been several weeks, not seven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.