CA CA- Veta Belford, 19, disappeared from Home Depot, Sacramento, 17 Oct 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agnebelford

agnebelford Verified family member - mother of Veta Belford

Well you got it all wrong.I do search the area at that same night I found out she went missing.Even some her manager & co-worker help me search for my daughter.Until now I’m still going around and try find out more details about my daughter.So please don’t judge if you not in my shoes.I hope & praying not any of your love one will went missing.Because you don’t know what I been going though Sony my daughter went missing.I do the search my own & a lot off people at the community are helping me out .So please not even one officer are helping me out for searching my daughter.I have to call them to see if they do any investigation.Because until now.I’m not even have a good rest .I’m still out going around my daughters friends house and see if they hear anything .So please I’m asking don’t judge until you go though what I been going though.

2. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine how frustrating and how deflating it must feel to not have assistance from the police on something so incredibly heartbreaking, my heart goes out to Veta’s family.
    Did she have any online friends or secret loved ones?
    Sending you all a hug. Hope someone didn’t take advantage of her emotional state, I’ve seen it first hand that people crying and desperate can decide to lean on strangers all to eager to help.

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if LE has requested video from the surrounding businesses ? It’s likely going to be overwritten soon IMO

any local reporters we can contact ?

4. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

@oviedo see the post by BackaBeyond at 1:46 pm today.

5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

6. Backabeyond

Backabeyond Well-Known Member

Her mom says that the businesses wouldn't give them to her, and that the police need a warrant. She also says the police won't let her see the HD video. I emailed 3 people at KRCA Sacramento. Walter Makaula(anchor), the news desk, and Derek Schnell(news director). I just guessed. Wasn't sure who exactly to send it to.

7. Backabeyond

I want to assure you that nobody here is judging. Everybody here wants to help you. We just need details. Again, I'm very sorry if something I said made you think that wasn't the case and hurt you in any way.

8. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Yes sorry, my brain remember September 17th , not October.

Ms. Belford you are exhausted, I hope you get some sleep and take care of yourself. Stress like this will take a terrible toll on your mind and body. Maybe you can put in God's hands tonight and just rest. You can pick it back up in the morning.

9. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

The police will need the warrant if that video will be used in court - I can’t understand why a business would not allow a relative to view their footage though ? I’m surprised LE hasn’t bothered to ask for video from local businesses ? This is unusual IMO

10. Backabeyond

Idk, getting details has proven difficult. We know she was fired and walked away. Some coworkers seem to think there was something weird about her being fired(though thats normal IMO), but we don't know what she was fired for. We know the police have the HD video, but don't know if they have others. We know mom and family searched that night(and I assume everyday since). We know mom hired a PI to help. We know mom isn't allowed to see any videos for whatever reason. Not sure if i've missed anything, but thats about everything I've been able to gather throughout the day.

Added later: We also know she had a phone that was turned off(but always had a charger)and that it's unusual for her to go off/disappear. The family has no idea who she would've called or where she would've gone. It also appears she was getting regular 6 month checkups at the doctor for an unknown reason.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  11. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

12. agnebelford

agnebelford Verified family member - mother of Veta Belford

We did and we still waiting they said they get back but until now.We still wait.I call and leave e voicemail.

13. Backabeyond

Has the canal area in front of the Workers Compensation building been searched?

14. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

I believe that what the mother was trying to explain is that, some co-workers said she was laid-off/fired in a "kind way", meaning that there was no big fight, I assume. But that some co-workers also felt that it was strange that she was laid-off/fired, that it didn't really make sense.
    In my opinion, something here smells fishy and isn't adding up.

15. Vacajoe

Vacajoe Well-Known Member

BOOTS ON THE GROUND Report: I spent a couple of hours in the vicinity of the Home Depot today taking in the scene and looking for anything that could help. I have 23 years as a First Responder with SAR training, so I’ve got a good eye for things as well as a good “spidey sense”.

Overall, IMO things are just odd. There are no missing posters in the area nor in the Home Depot itself. I spoke to a few folks around the area and they had no idea about the missing girl. In short, there is NO ongoing outreach at the last known location.

Home Depot is ringed with cameras as is the nearby Walmart. The Applebee’s also has a camera facing towards their outdoor patio and the BofA ATM has one facing to the north where the machines are. There are no obvious ones in the parking lot, though. Parking lot security is provided via a labeled car with flashing lights and I know that undercover security officers are often used in that area. The lot was very busy at 3:30pm today.

The canals you can see on Google maps are about 4’ deep with water in the area near the parking lots, but completely dry to the East behind the workers comp buildings. Given the timing, a body in that water would have already surfaced due to bloating decomposition. I walked that entire entire and found nothing. (The Hime Depot also has cameras to the rear of there store where one can access the canal). The fence is intact and I cannot see the missing girl climbing it, so access is limited to only a couple of areas.

So IMO, something is waaaay off here. The full story is not coming out (fired or laid off? What does the video show? Why has it been two weeks with little public notice?) and there really seems no way for us at WS to be of help since it’s a complete guessing game in the dark. It makes me sad to say, but unless SOMETHING is provided, then nothing is going to get accomplished on this site.

Rellabella, Alethea, dmac55 and 49 others like this.
  16. Vacajoe

Vacajoe Well-Known Member

AGNEBELFORD: there are a lot of good-natured souls on this site who want to help you locate your daughter. The more info you can provide, the more help we can provide.

Can you provide any answers to the following?:
    - if your daughter was walking hime, which route would she take?
    - have you accessed her phone records? (text/calls)
    - will there be any organized searches of the area we can join?
    - have the other videos in the area been checked?
    - was she fired or laid off? This changes the story dramatically in terms of emotional health
    - is your daughter a regular walker? Would she have walked from that parking lot to somewhere else?
    - does she have access to money?

Rellabella, dmac55, Warwick7 and 20 others like this.
  17. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

Laid off (or fired?) then immediately goes missing. That’s gotta be related. She didn’t call anyone immediately after getting let go, which normally people would do. They’d call mom, friend, etc, upset. But she didn’t, they only learned later from management that she had been let go. So to me, it’s related. I would get to the bottom of why she was laid off. Talk to all co workers and managers. Moo

18. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

You are a Godsend! Your assessment of the area is just what we needed to gain some perspective. I'd like to hear more of why you think something is off in this case?
    Is family getting the brush off from LE? If so why?

19. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

This is of great concern to me - terrific to have this perspective
    IMO

20. moody_chicago

moody_chicago Well-Known Member

There needs to be flyers in the area of the Home Depot. Are people taking them down? Why aren’t they there? People in that area didn’t know there was a missing girl...maybe they saw something. Flyers need to be up.

Her friends need to think hard about the websites she frequents. Does she use Reddit or chat rooms? Is she on a discord? They need to figure out her usernames and look there to see if she posted something or if she has online friends. If she possibly had an online boyfriend or girlfriend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.