CA CA- Veta Belford, 19, disappeared from Home Depot, Sacramento, 17 Oct 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

Thank you for doing that and for sharing that information with us. The fact that there's no posters on that area and that her previous employer didn't even bother to put ONE up leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    If this whole "she got fired and left" is just an excuse to protect someone I will be very upset.

2. amethystcrystal

amethystcrystal Well-Known Member

I think she could've been upset after losing her job and didn't want to tell anyone right away and went for a walk instead and maybe something happened then. When I got laid off I was too upset and didn't tell anyone about it for a few days after.

3. moody_chicago

moody_chicago Well-Known Member

I agree that shame could have played a role and she just went to walk it off and process it before telling anyone or calling for a ride. Was visibly upset, absorbed in her phone trying to distract herself and was met with foul play. JMO

4. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

I’ve recently came back from being out of town for the last month. I read three sisters are reaching out to social media about their missing sister. I can’t understand why a beautiful 19 year old girl missing has had very little news coverage. She has been missing for weeks. ABC 10 reported October 17. What is Sacramento Police Dept. doing to help locate Veta. The department must have a liaison officer in missing person cases. They should keep her updated, this poor mother! Has the police contacted the phone company to obtain necessary data on Veta’s last known ping on her cell number. Also they have the capacity to see who she last texted or called. Please believe me LE does a excellent job, Veta’ mom just needs help locating her daughter. I’m typing on my iPhone so please excuse errors. To the Mother of Veta please know we care and try to get some much needed rest.

5. Vacajoe

Vacajoe Well-Known Member

The truly difficult part is that as an adult, she has the right to leave on her own and go “incognito”. LE has to balance the concerns of the family with the privacy rights of the individual and until there is proof of a crime, there is only so far that they can go with prying into someone’s life.

I think having concerned friends working their online contacts and SM sites is the best course of action now.

6. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

ReaderRabbit, crhedBngr, MFH and 12 others like this.
  7. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Veta Belford

Veta was last seen on October 17, 2020.

Contact
    AGENCY:
    Sacramento Police Department
    PHONE NUMBER:
    (916) 808-0621
    CASE NUMBER:
    20-309114

8. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I see where it’s been mentioned she was active in church. Wondering if there was a church member she may have confided in or contacted after being laid off/fired from her job?

9. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Quote RSBM.

This seems so strange. None of the businesses in the area approved one in their window? No flyers anywhere in the area outdoors?? :(

And I think it was confirmed there is a private investigator being paid, so why isn't he helping with things like this?

10. ChatteringBirds

It was mentioned she left Home Depot and headed to the parking lot versus the pedestrian walking area.
    So I'm going to speculate she was waiting for a ride, either from another employee or someone she called. Just an idea on my part. I hope there is camera footage.

11. MissUnderstood

MissUnderstood Well-Known Member

I’m thinking the same. Or she planned on just waiting there till her usual pick up but got a ride before that. Moo

12. agnebelford

agnebelford Verified family member - mother of Veta Belford

I did go around and asked those business if I can post my daughter flyer and they said it’s a company policies they can’t put any post or flyer inside the store .So the best I can do was passing out my daughter Flyers at the parking lot

13. agnebelford

There is a camera inside the Home Depot and outside there parking lot.I been told I can’t see the camera.But the police have the camera.And I even asked the police if I can see the camera.They said I can not because it’s on going investigation.So Me & my Family are going around and look for some lead or anything can help us find my daughter

14. agnebelford

Weeobanite likes this.
  15. agnebelford

They cannot let us post or put up flyers inside there business they said it’s there company policy.So the best we can do was passing out my daughter flyers at there parking lot

16. moody_chicago

moody_chicago Well-Known Member

That sucks so much. I’m so sorry. I wish I could do more to help.

17. noel leon

noel leon Verified family spokesperson - Veta Belford case

Yes ,Veta is 19 and considered an adult in our society, but this behavior is not normal. This young adult does not drive , and has never been away from home until Oct.17!This ,in my opinion, makes Veta an endangered missing person. She is a danger to herself , and resources should be used to locate her. We are heading out today to pursue more leads and try to get help. Putting up more flyers etc....All suggestions are so appreciated!

18. agnebelford

Thank you so much for help.I’m really appreciate.I will see you soon

19. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Does Vita often walk, could she walk a fair distance, was she wearing shoes suitable for walking?
    Just trying to figure out how far Vita could conceivably travel on foot, in case she impulsively pulled a "Forrest Gump''. imo.

20. ChatteringBirds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.