CA - Violent Predator Matthew Hedge Released, San Diego

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by Melanie, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

Although he will live near the prison, he is now free to come and go except between 9PM and 6AM.

SAN DIEGO -- Convicted sex offender Matthew Hedge is spending his first night away from Coalinga State Hospital in his new home just outside of Donovan State Prison.

With Hedge's arrival on Friday came a brand new community notification from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department and a new address -- 480 Alta Road -- in a trailer on the Donovan prison grounds.

For more on his conditional release please see PDF:

http://10newsblogs.com/pdf/hedgereleaseform042409.pdf

For our San Diego readers, Hedge was convicted in 1989 of 647a PC Annoying or Molesting a child, 288(a) PC Lewd Acts with a child under 14 yrs, and 314.1 PC Indecent Exposure. Hedge’s victims were both female and male juveniles ranging in age from 6-13 years of age. Hedge was evaluated at Coalinga State Hospital as a mentally disordered sex offender. As a result of the sexually based crimes, Hedge was sentenced to several years in custody. Upon completion of his prison sentence, he was civilly committed to Coalinga State Hospital as a Sexually Violent Predator (SVP). Hedge petitioned the courts and was judicially granted a Conditional Release into the community with the Department of Mental Health supervising his integration into the community.

On 4-24-09 at about 1910 hours, Liberty Health Care advised the San Diego Sheriff’s Department, Matthew Hedge had arrived in San Diego County and was placed at this address:

480 Alta Road,
    San Diego, CA. 92179

PLEASE NOTE: He was released in 2005 but violated the conditions of his parole just three months later. SAN YSIDRO HIGH SCHOOL IS A MERE 6 MILES AWAY.

Please, let's work together to keep our children safe. I've been following Hedge, and he is a very violent predator. Why they released this criminal, I'll never know....

Peace,

2. Loading...

3. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

They do some of the stupidist things. A level 3 sex offender is the worst and is sure to violate again so why let them out! Why does another person have to be hurt or murdered before they can lock this guy up for good...hopfully it would be for good!

4. Boyz_Mum

Boyz_Mum New Member

This situation reminds me of the situation with Kenneth Parnell, the pedophile who kidnapped Steven Stainer. He was parolled and wound up trying to "buy" another child. I don't understand why anyone thinks these people can change. :confused:

5. EmMomma

EmMomma Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Pedophiles can not be REHABILITATED or CURED, period.
    How many innocent children will be scarred and killed before this nonsense STOPS?! :furious:

6. Columbo

Columbo New Member

I don't understand why the law on this doesn't change, when it is common knowledge (almost) that these offenders cannot be rehabilitated.

7. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

I agree with all of you - a sexual predator cannot be rehabed. We've given this monster a 3rd chance. Once in 2005; again in 2006; and now in 2009. Are we ever going to learn? I guess he has to kill someone first :(

Hedge, 43, a convicted child molester, spent two months outside before he was sent back to the hospital for further treatment. Authorities said he didn't commit any crimes during that time, but his behavior – such as speaking to two teenage girls at a treatment center – caused concern.

Critics say that if Hedge couldn't last more than a couple of months on the outside, it shows that a program that would allow his release is fundamentally flawed.

“They really are like beasts,” said Assemblyman Juan Vargas, D-San Diego, whose district includes Otay Mesa. “They're hard-wired to do these things.”

What a flawed system we have.....

8. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

Any updates on this guy Mgardner, is he still living on Donovan grounds? I read his parole stips ... does anyone know what the parolee to parole officer ratio's in Cali are?

A local case in my area years ago ... Rex Krebs was on parole, but managed to kill two girls.

9. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

October 2012:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2012/oct/02/sex-predator-released-supervision/

10. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

October 2012:

http://www.10news.com/news/former-s...or-matthew-hedge-living-in-downtown-san-diego

11. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

Background:

Much more at link:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1522571