CA CA - William Cierzan, 58, Santa Clarita Valley, 26 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A furry friend joined the efforts of community members to aid in the search of Will Cierzan, who has now been missing for two months.

Multiple volunteers with SCV Emergency Now, as well as the Angeles Off-Road Search and Recovery Team, have been looking for Cierzan for the past six weeks.

Recent searches hosted by SCV Emergency Now have been open to the public, but due to the search dog’s scent sensitivity, Hewitt explained that a smaller group for Saturday’s effort would be more effective.

https://signalscv.com/2017/03/26/mans-best-friend-joins-search-will-cierzan/

I understand that anything about a SUV being impounded is rumor with nothing from LE or MSN to back it up, but if one were to assume that this was done, and there is still no arrest, would that suggest that there is no evidence in the SUV? Or would it suggest that there could be evidence but no proof who was driving the SUV?

I understand that anything about a SUV being impounded is rumor with nothing from LE or MSN to back it up, but if one were to assume that this was done, and there is still no arrest, would that suggest that there is no evidence in the SUV? Or would it suggest that there could be evidence but no proof who was driving the SUV?

There could evidence in a vehicle, but no arrest. In this case I guess any possible suspects have verified alibis. LE might have cell phone pings, but it could be that they need more concrete evidence . jmo

Probably best not to assume.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

There could evidence in a vehicle, but no arrest. In this case I guess any possible suspects have verified alibis. LE might have cell phone pings, but it could be that they need more concrete evidence . jmo

I agree with you.
Fingerprints, cell pings ( from the house) wouldn't really matter if they belonged to a certain family member, as that person has already stated that he was there that day.
Even certain DNA in the vehicle wouldn't mean much
I am sure alibis were checked, but it may take time to verify alibis. People have been known to lie:thinking:

I still wonder how the areas being searched were chosen.
Cell pings, vehicle sightings, fav spots?

Probably best not to assume.

Probably not.
But this thing is shut down tighter than a drum
Assumption is all we have at this point

Probably not.
But this thing is shut down tighter than a drum
Assumption is all we have at this point
I guess what I meant is not to assume on an unverified rumor.
It can grow legs and before we know it, it becomes "fact".

I guess what I meant is not to assume on an unverified rumor.
It can grow legs and before we know it, it becomes "fact".

Agree, completely

I cant believe we still havent heard anything. I feel like LE isnt going to reveal anything which makes reporters uninterested and so we get these huge lulls in information. Im going to try to put a map/timeline together today.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I cant believe we still havent heard anything. I feel like LE isnt going to reveal anything which makes reporters uninterested and so we get these huge lulls in information. Im going to try to put a map/timeline together today.

Great! Also, I'm a little confused about the neph' s timeline. Is the 1:30 his arrival or was that conjecture?

My memory is not what it used to be and things are a bit scrambled
in my head.

Yes, a true verified timeline would be perfect.

And I really think police must be on this because why else would people be looking for WC for 6 weeks
w/out some sort of verification?

And I think those close to WC are silent because they don't want to jeopardize the case and have probably been told this by police.
(Plus other things that no one can reveal).

All my opinion.

Great! Also, I'm a little confused about the neph' s timeline. Is the 1:30 his arrival or was that conjecture?

My memory is not what it used to be and things are a bit scrambled
in my head.

Yes, a true verified timeline would be perfect.

And I really think police must be on this because why else would people be looking for WC for 6 weeks
w/out some sort of verification?

And I think those close to WC are silent because they don't want to jeopardize the case and have probably been told this by police.
(Plus other things that no one can reveal).

All my opinion.

In post # 273, the poster changed that to watching golf
I don't recall ever hearing what time Nephew arrived , or left for that matter
In fact, all I have read about his visit came through his Aunt.. from him

Right. We don't know what time he arrived or what time he left. Just that he was there at 1:30 pm watching golf.

We also don't know how he got to the house, if he drove we don't know where he parked, and we certainly don't know how he ENTERED or EXITED the house. Or when. Or how many times. etc., etc.

Here is a link that states that the nephew was at the house at 1:30 PM, so far its the only article I have found to have this time. I am not sure if this is hearsay or if it is true I believe it must have been form Peck or the nephews statement.
https://signalscv.com/2017/01/27/bizarre-disappearance-william-cierzan/

Here is my original timeline as well as pieces of the PC that I found very telling. The phone call timeline is at the bottom.
I am still looking into search areas, I am not sure there is enough information to make a map that exhibits areas that have actually been searched. I am only finding where searchers met and planned to search but not sure how far and which direction they went in.

Name: William John Cierzan
Last heard from: January 26, 2017
Left behind keys, wallet and car, there is conflicted reports as to whether these items were found inside the car or in the house.
Blood stains found inside residence, not confirmed as WC's
Serveillance footage catches white SUV backing into residence at
around 5:06 PM and leaves approximately 6 mins later at 5:12 PM
Things that stood out: Anything in () is further information or my opinion.
A reporter is questioning Det. Ralph Hernandez (one of the lead detectives) about the nephew.
Reporter: Was WC still at the house when he (nephew) left?
Det. Hernandez: pauses for a long time before answering yes.

When speaking about the white SUV
Reporter: Are we talking about two different relatives or is this the relative that was at the house with WC?
Det. Hernandez: Yes, the vehicle is very similar to the same relative. (it is most likely the nephews car)
Reporter: The relative that was at the house earlier, I read that they were watching sports, did they get into some kind of argument?
Det. Hernandez: We dont know what there interaction for the course of the day. (seems odd if in fact the nephew was questioned. He could be saying this because he does not want to state what their interaction was or do they
really not know?)

Timeframe:
Det. Hernandez: The window that we are looking for is right about 4 PM to just after 7 PM (this makes me believe
there was no 5 PM call, just the one that took place slightly after 4 PM, which seems to have been from WC to Linda,
a 6 PM call from Linda to WC where WC does not answer and then Linda arrives home just after 7 PM and WC is not there. The phone calls were made to and from his cell phone not a house phone, both Det. Hernandez and Linda seem very convinced he was at home during this time and not elsewhere, despite being on his cell phone)

Linda answers questions about WC that day
Reporter: Did you know the relative was over that day?
Linda: I didnt even know he was over that day, he (WC) hadnt mentioned him at all.
Reporter: Does he (nephew) come over frequently? Do they have a good relationship?
Linda: I thought so... I mean yea hes been over quite a few times. (Lindas demeanor during the response to this question makes her seem suspicious of the nephew, like she now has her doubts about how good their relationship really was)

Det. Hernandez answers a few more questions
Reporter: ... so he's (nephew) cooporating? (when this is asked, Linda is standing behind Det. Hernandez and she shakes her head no and lowers it)
Det. Hernandez: He uhh, he has provided a statement. (Body language says it all, I believe both Det. and Linda are very suspicious of nephew)

Timeline: Other than the 1:30 time, all other times are verified by PC
1:30 PM - I found one article where a 1:30 time is mentioned as to when the nephew was there watching golf.
I believe if this is more than hearsay that this time must have been mentioned by the nephew in his statement given to LE because Linda did not even know the nephew was there and therefore had no idea when he arrived or left.
4 PM - WC calls Linda
5:06 PM - SUV backs into driveway and leaves approx. 6 minutes later
6 PM - Linda calls WC and he does not answer
7 PM - Linda arrives home and WC is gone

xmsmadex

Thank you for the above timeline with the important facts
It will be helpful as the longer this goes on, the more I forget

Without a body LE has no proof of a crime. Until a body is found or someone comes forward with information, I doubt any one can be arrested just yet. The DA needs more evidence and LE will not reveal any evidence because it is an ongoing investigation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Without a body LE has no proof of a crime. Until a body is found or someone comes forward with information, I doubt any one can be arrested just yet. The DA needs more evidence and LE will not reveal any evidence because it is an ongoing investigation.

This is sad and yet so true.

It has become a Catch 22 situation
Last report talking about the reward stated that Detective thinks they need the help of the public, but really, I doubt the public knows what to look for,
And we have heard from local people, that there is not a lot of information posted about Will.

It has become a Catch 22 situation
Last report talking about the reward stated that Detective thinks they need the help of the public, but really, I doubt the public knows what to look for,
And we have heard from local people, that there is not a lot of information posted about Will.
There is probably someone out there that knows something. Perhaps friends of the perp. Or someone who may have seen something. I think the reward is a way to entice someone, who already knows something, to come forward.

There is probably someone out there that knows something. Perhaps friends of the perp. Or someone who may have seen something. I think the reward is a way to entice someone, who already knows something, to come forward.

I am sure someone knows something , it may just be that they noticed a change in behavior or mood.
I wish LE would say more about people coming forward with tips.
I know it doesn't always work (Abby and Libby) but it can't hurt
Sometimes it triggers a memory
JMO

There HAVE been arrests and convictions without a body ....
Thanks so much , xmsmadex for the excellent timeline !!

Makes a few things about this case seem more clear ; imo.

I certainly have a theory -- which I'll be silent on , and wait for new developments.

Hoping for justice for Will. At this time I DO believe there's a need for justice and an account for what happened to him. I don't think he wandered off any more. :(
MOO

Sorry having trouble posting today as my WS page keeps 'bumping' down to the bottom and trying to scroll is all but impossible. Bleh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong