Identified! CA - Yosemite Summit Meadow, WhtFem, 20-23, Henry Lee Lucas Victim, 1983 - Patricia 'Patty' Hicks

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 12.51.14 AM.png
teresa_faye_hammon_2.jpg

Visually, this reconstruction reminds me of Teresa Hammon (Teresa Faye Hammon – The Charley Project), but I have no idea how likely that is circumstantially.

The timing is a little tight, but that newer photo reconstruction looks A LOT like Nancy Ann Penner #MP14952:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

How are we supposed to submit possible matches if the Yosemite Jane Doe isn't in Namus?
I found a submission form years ago and submitted a match via a parks website. I’ll see if I can find the link. To be fair though I never heard anything back!

Edit: ok the tip line is right on the website Cold Cases - Investigative Services (U.S. National Park Service)

Patricia Jean Schnieder (MP# 1612) also bears a striking resemblance and the town where she disappeared (Pedley, CA) is pretty much a straight shot via 395 to Yosemite Nat'l Park.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original
I like this match better than most of the others. They had a skull, and they could tell from the skull sutures that these remains were not an adolescent female. Some of the potential matches were 14 years old, very very unlikely in this case. I hope that they release the identity of Yosemite Samantha Doe soon. They probably will, as the NAMUS profile is down.....

Might be a wild idea re: Patricia Schneider, but the fact that "A clerk at the Circle K stated he saw two white males with sandy hair in the parking lot while Schneider made calls from the phone." Makes me think of Otis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas. Lucas has claimed responsibility for the Yosemite Jane Doe, though he claims she was a hitchhiker that he picked up closer to the park. The guy's a liar and those confessions really have to be taken with a grain of salt, but it's possible there's some truth to it. They could have spotted her at her job in Indian Hills, CA (very close to Yosemite park), messed with her car so it would break down, but perhaps it took a while - hence why she made it all the way to Circle K in Pedley. They followed her there, offered help, and perhaps went north again to their intended dump site in Yosemite.

I'm really curious to know if Patricia was wearing silver rings that night. That's been a detail about the Yosemite Jane Doe that's come up, though it's unclear if that's something that Lucas said, or if it's been verified by the remains.

Either way, I'm looking forward to a possible resolution in this case.

Might be a wild idea re: Patricia Schneider, but the fact that "A clerk at the Circle K stated he saw two white males with sandy hair in the parking lot while Schneider made calls from the phone." Makes me think of Otis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas. Lucas has claimed responsibility for the Yosemite Jane Doe, though he claims she was a hitchhiker that he picked up closer to the park. The guy's a liar and those confessions really have to be taken with a grain of salt, but it's possible there's some truth to it. They could have spotted her at her job in Indian Hills, CA (very close to Yosemite park), messed with her car so it would break down, but perhaps it took a while - hence why she made it all the way to Circle K in Pedley. They followed her there, offered help, and perhaps went north again to their intended dump site in Yosemite.

I'm really curious to know if Patricia was wearing silver rings that night. That's been a detail about the Yosemite Jane Doe that's come up, though it's unclear if that's something that Lucas said, or if it's been verified by the remains.

Either way, I'm looking forward to a possible resolution in this case.
Two white males with sandy hair...sounds like it could have been Lucas and Toole.

Was setting fires ever part of one of their MOs? (Asking since PS's car was found burning, according to her NamUs page.)
Not that I can remember. Seems like they’d have been more likely to steal it? I don’t know as much about Toole’s crimes though.

Was setting fires ever part of one of their MOs? (Asking since PS's car was found burning, according to her NamUs page.)

Really good question - I'm not sure. I do know that Lucas was known to fix cars, which could support the intentional breakdown theory. I wonder if their MO generally included burning evidence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back