Identified! CA - Yosemite Summit Meadow, WhtFem, 20-23, Henry Lee Lucas Victim, 1983 - Patricia 'Patty' Hicks

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a case that Bit of Hope brought to my attention. Not listed in NamUs or DoeNet.

Unidentified_JaneDoe.jpg

https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1563/cold-cases.htm

Date: Fall of 1981 to Spring of 1983

Suspect Info: Henry Lee Lucas (deceased)

Case Info: The partial remains of a homicide victim were found in Yosemite National Park's Summit Meadow along Glacier Point Road in 1983.

NPS investigators determined that Henry Lee Lucas had information about the murder that had not been made public and could only be known by the person who committed the crime. Lucas died in prison in 2001. Special Agents with the NPS Investigative Services Branch continue to investigate this case in hopes of identifying the victim.

Lucas had told investigators that he picked up the woman between Fresno, California and Yosemite National Park along California Highway 41 in the fall of 1981. The woman was a white female that Lucas described as 5'05" to 5'06" tall with long, straight blonde to light brown hair. She weighed about 100-125 pounds, and wore silver rings on both hands. Lucas estimated her age as between 17-20 years of age, but a forensic anthropologist placed her between 20-23 years of age at the time of her death. She was of European ancestry, had a slight overbite, and a long, narrow face.

The images are from a facial reconstruction of a skull without a lower jaw. The chin is generic and the hair could be any style. If you have information that could help investigators identify this young homicide victim, please contact us.

I would hope they already looked at Stacy Arras. The retainer brackets would have probably been evident if this was Stacy.

Tommi Cooper? There are a couple of discrepancies in her vitals but the timeframe is spot on as is hair colour and age, and I can see a resemblance between this Jane Doe and the one photo of Tommi that we have (albeit Tommi is quite young in the pic). Tommi disappeared from Northern CA but there is uncertainty around where she was headed.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?343622-CA-Tommi-Cooper-21-Rescue-31-July-1981
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34972/62

Circumstances: Tommi Lee Cooper was last seen on July 31, 1981 driving towards Sacramento where she worked at the Sun Club, a massage parlor. She left her 1 1/2-year-old child with a friend and indicated she may go to Reno, NV or a concert in Oakland, CA.

However, she never came back to pick up her child and failed to show up at work the following Monday, August 3, or the rest of the week.

On August 13, Cooper's white and yellow 1977 Dodge Aspen was found abandoned in Sacramento at 51st and Woodbine. There was money in the glove compartment and a make-up kit on the rear seat.
First Name: Tommi Lee
Middle Name: Lee
Last Name: Cooper

Age When Last Known Alive: 21
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 60.0 to
Weight: 95.0 to

City: Rescue
State: California
County: El Dorado

Hair: Brown
Head Hair: Frosted brown hair
Eye: Hazel
Scars And Marks: 1/2in scar on left cheek bone under the eye

Clothing: Maroon blouse with a flower attached near the neck, black wrap-around skirt with different shades of pink flowers
Accessories: White leather purse

Out of interest - when a person is described as being of European descent is that the same thing as being described as white or Caucasian or are LE making some kind of distinction?

Here's the side by side pic - NB: this pic is almost certainly of Tommi but not 100% confirmed (see Tommi's websleuths link for more)

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 10.00.58 AM.png

This is a case that Bit of Hope brought to my attention. Not listed in NamUs or DoeNet.

cache.php

https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1563/cold-cases.htm

Date: Fall of 1981 to Spring of 1983

Suspect Info: Henry Lee Lucas (deceased)

Case Info: The partial remains of a homicide victim were found in Yosemite National Park's Summit Meadow along Glacier Point Road in 1983.

NPS investigators determined that Henry Lee Lucas had information about the murder that had not been made public and could only be known by the person who committed the crime. Lucas died in prison in 2001. Special Agents with the NPS Investigative Services Branch continue to investigate this case in hopes of identifying the victim.

Lucas had told investigators that he picked up the woman between Fresno, California and Yosemite National Park along California Highway 41 in the fall of 1981. The woman was a white female that Lucas described as 5'05" to 5'06" tall with long, straight blonde to light brown hair. She weighed about 100-125 pounds, and wore silver rings on both hands. Lucas estimated her age as between 17-20 years of age, but a forensic anthropologist placed her between 20-23 years of age at the time of her death. She was of European ancestry, had a slight overbite, and a long, narrow face.

The images are from a facial reconstruction of a skull without a lower jaw. The chin is generic and the hair could be any style. If you have information that could help investigators identify this young homicide victim, please contact us.

Thanks for "picking this UID up", Carl.

Tommi Cooper? There are a couple of discrepancies in her vitals but the timeframe is spot on as is hair colour and age, and I can see a resemblance between this Jane Doe and the one photo of Tommi that we have (albeit Tommi is quite young in the pic). Tommi disappeared from Northern CA but there is uncertainty around where she was headed.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?343622-CA-Tommi-Cooper-21-Rescue-31-July-1981

Circumstances: Tommi Lee Cooper was last seen on July 31, 1981 driving towards Sacramento where she worked at the Sun Club, a massage parlor. She left her 1 1/2-year-old child with a friend and indicated she may go to Reno, NV or a concert in Oakland, CA.

However, she never came back to pick up her child and failed to show up at work the following Monday, August 3, or the rest of the week.

On August 13, Cooper's white and yellow 1977 Dodge Aspen was found abandoned in Sacramento at 51st and Woodbine. There was money in the glove compartment and a make-up kit on the rear seat.

Clothing: Maroon blouse with a flower attached near the neck, black wrap-around skirt with different shades of pink flowers

Out of interest - when a person is described as being of European descent is that the same thing as being described as white or Caucasian or are LE making some kind of distinction?

Here's the side by side pic - NB: this pic is almost certainly of Tommi but not 100% confirmed (see Tommi's websleuths link for more)

View attachment 126513

I never did submit this but I will do so. Thanks for bumping this thread bit of hope!

I would hope they already looked at Stacy Arras. The retainer brackets would have probably been evident if this was Stacy.

I surely hope so. Maybe they ruled her out because of her age? (14) and I always wondered if retainer brackets would sustain over time and if they do for how long (this in relation to another case). Do you know that?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?343622-CA-Tommi-Cooper-21-Rescue-31-July-1981

attachment.php

As far as I know the skull of somebody of European decent, is of Caucasian race, but a slightly different shape.

Individuals with European ancestry tend to have straight facial profiles and narrower faces with projecting, sharply angled nasal bones, and these features: Long and narrow face. Sloping eye orbits.

Here you can see a picture. https://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/comic/activity/pdf/Identify_ancestry.pdf

Sunnynz, good find Tommie Cooper. On her Namus file there a few more pictures of her now where she is older.

I find the 5'05" to 5'06" length confusing. Do they really mean 5'05" or 5'5? It would be 152.5 cm and 60 inches and that seems to me "outstanding" small. Otherwise it would 165,1 cm and 65 inches.

I find the 5'05" to 5'06" length confusing. Do they really mean 5'05" or 5'5? It would be 152.5 cm and 60 inches and that seems to me "outstanding" small. Otherwise it would 165,1 cm and 65 inches.

5'05" means 5 feet 5 inches, or 65 inches (or slightly more than 165 centimeters)
5'06" means 5 feet 6 inches, or 66 inches (or slightly less than 168 centimeters)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?343622-CA-Tommi-Cooper-21-Rescue-31-July-1981

View attachment 126513

I have submitted Tommi Cooper as a possible match for this Jane Doe - submitted to Dustin Driscoll at Namus and the IBS email at National Park Services.

- Age MATCH: Tommi 21 years old when disappeared, Jane Doe estimated age 20-23
-Hair MATCH: Tommi's hair was described as frosted brown, Jane Doe blonde to light brown
- Height WITHIN RANGE: Tommi 60 inches (5 foot), Jane Doe 5'05" to 5'06"
- Weight MATCH: Tommi 95-100 pounds, Jane Doe 100-125 pounds
- Circumstance/geography WITHIN REASON: Tommi went missing from Rescue near Sacramento in Northern CA, however she was believed to have been possibly travelling towards Reno NV or Oakland CA. In conclusion, her actual intended destination was uncertain so for her to be hitchhiking near Fresno (within a 5-6 hour drive from Rescue) is a reasonable scenario.
- Timeline MATCH: Tommi missing July 1981, Jane Doe estimated date of death fall 1981 to Spring 1983
- Physical likeness MATCH: please see attached side by side comparison pic

TOMMICOOPER_YOSEMITEJD.png

I have submitted Tommi Cooper as a possible match for this Jane Doe - submitted to Dustin Driscoll at Namus and the IBS email at National Park Services.

- Age MATCH: Tommi 21 years old when disappeared, Jane Doe estimated age 20-23
-Hair MATCH: Tommi's hair was described as frosted brown, Jane Doe blonde to light brown
- Height WITHIN RANGE: Tommi 60 inches (5 foot), Jane Doe 5'05" to 5'06"
- Weight MATCH: Tommi 95-100 pounds, Jane Doe 100-125 pounds
- Circumstance/geography WITHIN REASON: Tommi went missing from Rescue near Sacramento in Northern CA, however she was believed to have been possibly travelling towards Reno NV or Oakland CA. In conclusion, her actual intended destination was uncertain so for her to be hitchhiking near Fresno (within a 5-6 hour drive from Rescue) is a reasonable scenario.
- Timeline MATCH: Tommi missing July 1981, Jane Doe estimated date of death fall 1981 to Spring 1983
- Physical likeness MATCH: please see attached side by side comparison pic

attachment.php

Great! Thank you!

The HLLucas thing makes me confused...I read a lot, trying to establish a kind of timeline....all kinds of contradicting story's about his whereabouts, his (IMO BS) confessions, and dozens of alleged killings. But anyways....OT.....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back