CA CA - Zacharey Wilks, 27, Lompoc, 24 May 2017

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by LisaWL7TR, May 31, 2017.

1. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR New Member

Zachary Wilks, 27 was last seen on Wednesday at his home on Prune Avenue in Lompoc.

What we know is that he was headed to Las Vegas Wednesday evening but never made it. He was going to drive through the night and arrive there Thursday morning where he was meeting up with his aunt and uncle there in Vegas.

From there they were going to travel to Lake Powell where Wilks was going to do some work for his aunt and uncle on the family houseboat. When Wilks never showed up this past Thursday morning in Las Vegas, the family began to get concerned.

"Those roads between Lompoc and Las Vegas are so well traveled that I can't imagine he hasn't been reported in an accident by now," Zachary's brother Andrew Wilks said.

Wilks says his brother doesn't have any major medical issues.

He was driving a black 1994 Honda Civic with distinct Acura rims and the California license plate number: 7SGR202.

No one has heard from him and calls to his cell phone go straight to voicemail. His bank cards haven't been used.

His brother says he thought his brother was a little tired when he left.

"He seemed very tired, he seemed very tired when he left, he was up all day packing his room and saying bye to his associates and friends and being gone for a few months required a little bit so he did get out of here pretty late," Zachary's brother Andrew Wilks said

A missing person report has been filed with the Lompoc Police Department.

http://www.keyt.com/news/family-searching-for-lompoc-man/522192731

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. VelvetVixen

VelvetVixen New Member

4. GigTu

GigTu ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ

There are a lot of opportunities to have a car accident on this route. It's not guaranteed someone would spot him if he drove off the road.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR New Member

Oops. Asking now. Thanks.

6. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

7. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR New Member

Thanks for fixing his name. sigh.
    ETA one of my pet peeves is a name of a missing person spelled wrong.
    I found that Zacharey was missing via instagram. His first and last name was spelled wrong. First is still spelled wrong in msm.

8. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

9. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion Well-Known Member

Agreed on both points. I hope that LE have been able to determine the last known location of his phone and the time. Today's high in Las Vegas is expected to reach 95 F ... :(.

10. Psychic Sleuth

Psychic Sleuth New Member

According to the FB page the last ping was in Lompoc and his phone was broken and he could only text. The phone is now off. I'm local and when I travel to Vegas I go Hwy 166 through the town of Arvin near Bakersfield to Hwy 58. According to the FB page that is the route he normally takes but was considering taking the route through L.A. instead this time.

11. Psychic Sleuth

The Facebook page is now saying his last phone ping was on Hwy 166 in the tiny little town of New Cuyama.

12. detoxendrix

detoxendrix New Member

Hey - so I grew up with Zack, and I wanted to reach out on the forum. The roads have been driven and we've had drones fly out to spot too. There's a very dedicated group which includes his family that have been involved as well. At this time there are ZERO new leads unfortunately. I may not see responses right away, but fb.com/detoxendrix is an easy way to get in touch with myself and others looking for him.

Any insight, advice, comments or questions are more than welcomed wholeheartedly.

13. detoxendrix

detoxendrix New Member

Also, the reason for the route change is due to his comm with younger brother. He stated he would go through LA, then pinged in NC, CA. His phone was replaced between 22-24 May, and the local PD acquired the last ping via AT&T as the cell provider would not release the info or did not have it til last Thurs. In addition, his vehicle was not registered as missing by LPD til last Thurs either.

14. Psychic Sleuth

Hello, detoxendrix and welcome to Websleuths. I'm sorry about Zack being missing. Do you know if there is water in the Cuyama River? Also on the timing...I read that his phone pinged on a tower west of New Cuyama the same day he went missing (Wed) and I'm assuming this was the McPherson Peak tower. Then he received a text at like around 12:13am Thurs (technically the next day) and then his phone was off/dead by 12:25 am Thursday. Is this correct? Was the McPherson Peak ping the incoming text at 12:13am Thursday or did he ping that tower prior to midnight on Wed? And one last question if you know...what would be the next tower that his phone would have pinged had it still been on?

15. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

[h=1]Lompoc man missing more than two weeks after heading to Las Vegas[/h]
    https://calcoastnews.com/2017/06/lompoc-man-missing-two-weeks-heading-las-vegas/

16. GigTu

GigTu ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ

http://www.keyt.com/news/santa-mari...wilks-still-missing-without-a-trace/533203389

17. Dalagali

Dalagali New Member

18. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

19. SpanishMossAntiques

SpanishMossAntiques Active Member

New Cuyama looks to be all desert scrub - if a car left the road there you'd clearly see it...

20. Psychic Sleuth

Yes it is but Hwy 166 coming out of Santa Maria to about half way to New Cuyama is very windy and dense with brush/trees.

21. Sweetgrits

Sweetgrits New Member

Following. I'm really worried about this young man.