Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home #2

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/27/ijvm.01.html

Link to JVM show aired on 27 FEB 09

Snipped from that transcript:

(JVM)...Now you say the dumpster here was a false alarm reportedly. How can you say that for sure without DNA and other lab testing of the content?

CAPTAIN DICK SCHAULAND, PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE: The -- actually, there were no human remains found in the dumpster.

The cadaver dogs are trained to alert on human scent and, of course, that can be anything from a bloody bandage to a sanitary napkin, most anything else. And they went through the dumpster and piece by piece. Tearing apart the bags and checking everything. And they did not find any human remains.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just -- it remind me, Captain, of the Casey Anthony case where the trunk of the car all that was found in terms of forensic evidence was pretty much air, air samples, one hair and a stain.

So wouldn`t she have to do some kind of a DNA analysis to make sure that there was nothing like that in the dumpster?
SCHAULAND: Well, of course, you`re talking about a trunk of a car and a large dumpster. And we don`t know exactly where the scent comes from and we don`t know exactly what caused the dogs to alert.

So all we can do is look for the obvious signs that are there. And we were not able to find any human remains at all.

What. The. H3!!? Anyone have an opinion on this please share?

seems to me the absence of a body doesn't mean the absence of evidence.

Crappy police work...or worse. :furious:

I agree! Just like with KC's car trunk the evidence could have been fluid.

I repeat my idea was to lay out all contents of the dumpster on the ground
and bring the dogs back to show me just what it was they alerted too!

That would be the fastest, smartest way to settle the question!

There's a lot of logic in what you propose! I wish they had brought the dogs back in to see what, if anything, they alerted on.

That would be the fastest, smartest way to settle the question!...

MysteryAddict, Good point, that would be the most logical thing to do..:beagle:....:detective:

Nancy Grace had several dog handlers on her show early on in the Caylee Anthony case. It was my understanding that cadaver dogs would NOT hit on things like bandaids or sanitary napkins. That these dogs are specifically trained to detect the chemical odors associated with decomposition.

Body fluids and menstrual blood would NOT have the same scent as decomposition!

There is a five year old missing and a cadaver dog makes a hit on a dumpster located nearby and the police say "Oh, we looked and didn't find a body there." And that's IT? WTF????

Excellent idea.

I don't want to start a new thread because it would only be 2 posts long. My Questions and an answer.

Cadaver dogs~ wasn't there supposed to be a search on the day after the dumpster fiasco? Has anyone heard anything about that?

What about the villes being searched? anyone heard anything on that?

As secretive as LE has been about this case, is it possible that the dumpster search was a distraction from something big that was actually happening last night?
For all this time, they have kept just about everything under wraps and then last night they do this huge search that was extremely public, under lights. The whole procedure screamed "Look what we are doing. No, over here, not over there." They know that the media is just waiting, and has gone far enough as to tail the detectives to try to get a story on this case.

This actually makes more sense to me than a lot of what's gone on with this case.

The whole situation with the dumpster, saying 'we looked, there's no body there' and claiming cadaver dogs will hit on bandages; I suppose he's right if the bandage was on a dead body before going into the dumpster......

Very strange.

From what I remember, they had the dogs searching another area and all of a sudden, they went to the dumpsters in a hurry. Wasn't that when RC was with LE then they quickly went to the dumpsters also?

My memory is cloudy on this Toms Girl but for some reason I remember Teresa Neves claiming that she felt that the dumpster needed to be searched and asked the dog handlers to check it.

I may be incorrect- it's been a few months and I'm on cold medicine today.:innocent:

From what I remember, they had the dogs searching another area and all of a sudden, they went to the dumpsters in a hurry. Wasn't that when RC was with LE then they quickly went to the dumpsters also?

Were the Cummings still sleeping in the tents and/or donated camper when the dumpster was searched ? Could the dumpster be seen from the tent/camper ?

Were the Cummings still sleeping in the tents and/or donated camper when the dumpster was searched ? Could the dumpster be seen from the tent/camper ?

There was a fence in between- a tall white fence.

IMO- Haleigh was placed there after initially being removed from the mobile home that night. After a flurry of phone calls, plans were made and executed and she was relocated elsewhere.

How I wish someone would be arrested so we could start getting document dumps to see who called whom that evening. And when.

And I would love to see text messages as well.

Wow... I never read that before ... did TN really lead LE to the dumpster?

I can't help connecting that to when she led Cobra to the woods.

That's a whole lot of leading... I knew I should be profiling her, but I got distracted when I started profiling MC and found things that sent shivers up my spine.... she and RC make the perfect storm.

There was a fence in between- a tall white fence.

IMO- Haleigh was placed there after initially being removed from the mobile home that night. After a flurry of phone calls, plans were made and executed and she was relocated elsewhere.

How I wish someone would be arrested so we could start getting document dumps to see who called whom that evening. And when.

And I would love to see text messages as well.

BBM

Hmm, I guess there's no way they could've easily monitored all sides of the dumpster from the tents/camper. Thanks !

Here's a link for the day of the dumpster search that PattyG uploaded.

At about the 5:40 mark, JVM mentions TN wanting them to search the dumpster before.
YouTube - ISSUES 2/26/09 Part 1 of 9

If my link doesn't work go to youtube, type in HC then dumpster search.

It's 2/26/09 part 1 of 9.

At about the 5:40 mark, JVM mentions TN wanting them to search the dumpster before.

Thank you. Tn wanted them (LE) to search the dumpster before LE actually did. I wonder why she would think HaLeigh would be in the dumpster??:banghead:

Thank you. Tn wanted them (LE) to search the dumpster before LE actually did. I wonder why she would think HaLeigh would be in the dumpster??:banghead:

Was LE looking for something visual ? Like a piece of clothing, etc ? What if decomposition fluids had leaked onto something else in the dumpster ? Do you think LE would find that ?

Thanks- Nice to know that I'm not losing my mind.

Now I wonder if her pointing the dogs to that dumpster was because she knew Haleigh's body had laid there and would distract them from where Haleigh could really be found.

Raeann's theory in the Misty hiding thread fits this scenario.

That isn't what this article states:

The dumpster search was prompted by three cadaver dogs that apparently picked up a scent at the receptacle, according to Schauland.

Schauland said the endeavor wasn't the result of any new information in the case but a "routine procedure of re-checking areas that had been previously searched to be sure that nothing had been overlooked."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501784,00.html

I believe Schauland over a JVM clip that says TN asked LE to search a dumpster for her HaLeigh -- unless a member of LE was on JVM stating that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back