Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that. So what are you saying? Haleigh was killed in the home thus the confusion for the scent dogs?

I don't know where she was killed. What I was saying is the bloodhounds would not have gone to the dumpster based on skin cells. The bloodhounds would have gone to the freshest trail they could find that live Haleigh was on. Whether that trail was made before or after the "disappearance time window" we don't know. But they wouldn't have gone to the dumpster because if that is where she is found her corpse was carried there by someone. There would be no live Haleigh scent for them to follow there.

Here's my question.... why didn't the scent dogs go to the dumpster? human cells are dropped off all over the place. If Haleigh was taken by a predator, her skin cells would have been picked up by a good scent dog.

Personally,I don't think it was,I think this was a ploy by LE,tight lipped and trying to get someone who knows something to make a move or someone that has her to.I think they're looking at certain family members that know something.Yesterday morning,Misty pulled in for questioning,ten minutes later,cadaver dogs show up,Crystal goes to Dr,LE show up to get Crystal's dna,Ronald is taken in trailer,they no more than walk out and LE cars fly down the road to the dumpsters,Misty at some point gets back,because she's seen in front of a pick up truck w/Ronald in the back to thier campsite.To me it seems like this real live scenario of Clue,to bring out the culprit.

Did you get called out too?:) Anyway,I had a thought last night when dogs were searching for Haleigh in the dumpster and Crystal was talking to reporter,Chad was a number of feet behind her talking and laughing with someone.I found that odd behavior for a future father of her children.But,remember when they were searching for Caylee at Blanchard,KC's reaction compared to when Caylee was found?What if LE is watching for reactions in a major scene as yesterday?

LE is always looking at and evaluating family reactions. That doesn't mean that they staged this, I don't think they did. But as the investigation proceeds they are continually watching and noting everyone's reactions to events and looking for anything inappropriate or that strikes a false note.

I've never seen it done before and it's bad for dog handlers everywhere. Defense fodder for years for sure. They'll be using those articles and statements to defend their clients.

It's just not true that they will hit on blood or feminine hygene products. That's the most absurd thing I've heard. If that were true. Cadaver dogs would be useless.

Has anyone checked out this dog association? What is their name? I wonder if they have a website.

Hi SuziQ-

i left for awhile, about four pages behind, but you are 100% correct about Cadaver dogs, Search dogs etc... yesterday, tried to find info on Canine South with no luck. A sleuther has probably found it already, but wanted to add that i have had the opportunity to work with dogs for over 3 years, have been certified and taught(puppy-basic-tricks)classes, i would never presume to be any kind of expert, but i have had the opportunity to train with and be around Therapy and Search/Cadaver dogs and IF three dogs did hit...LE is not being upfront imo.

going back to catch up...

I mean for hours,all the family members waited and were told to stay in thier perspective campsites while LE was searching in a dumpster,they had already checked.

I would venture to guess that if LE is letting them on site and following up on their findings that this a verified and certified group of volunteers. Frequently these types of groups are made up mostly of retired or on their personal time officers that have done this on a professional level. I don't think this is like the psychic and her "cadaver dog", or like the gentleman in California that had a cadaver dog in training who called police repeatedly to tell them that his dog was indicating at a cement pad recently poured where one of the two missing girls lived. Turns out he was right, but he didn't have credentials so his tip was dismissed (IIRC).

I cannot find the search group the press is refering to this group as. I am assuming reporter number one got it wrong and everyone else is just repeating it. I have found a south georgia volunteer search group that does have cadaver dogs, and they are credentialed. Can't tell if it is them yet though.

I have yet to find the group also. I'm thinking the name must have been reported incorrectly.

Hmmmm "certified" , that scares me when it comes to these dogs.
Who exactly "certifies" them? What qualifys a dog to be certified? Is there a standard test used thoughout the US or are the standards different between "schools".

Boy this opens a whole nother can of worms.....:eek:

I train service dogs and I can tell you that the standards are WAY WAY different in different schools and/or trainers.

I don't know where she was killed. What I was saying is the bloodhounds would not have gone to the dumpster based on skin cells. The bloodhounds would have gone to the freshest trail they could find that live Haleigh was on. Whether that trail was made before or after the "disappearance time window" we don't know. But they wouldn't have gone to the dumpster because if that is where she is found her corpse was carried there by someone. There would be no live Haleigh scent for them to follow there.
Okay, I think I understand. However, the dogs (scent dogs) did follow Haleigh to the river, etc. So are you saying Haleigh was thrown into the river?

Personally,I don't think it was,I think this was a ploy by LE,tight lipped and trying to get someone who knows something to make a move or someone that has her to.I think they're looking at certain family members that know something.Yesterday morning,Misty pulled in for questioning,ten minutes later,cadaver dogs show up,Crystal goes to Dr,LE show up to get Crystal's dna,Ronald is taken in trailer,they no more than walk out and LE cars fly down the road to the dumpsters,Misty at some point gets back,because she's seen in front of a pick up truck w/Ronald in the back to thier campsite.To me it seems like this real live scenario of Clue,to bring out the culprit.

I don't follow this theory at all. So the killer is suppose to have a response that will flush them out of the woodwork by LE wasting a huge amount of time and money pretending to look for a body in the dumpster? And by taking someone in for questioning? If the investigation doesn't seem to be leading to me or the body, why would I flip out or out myself?

I don't personally think this is a staged event. Nor do I think they will find her body in that dumpster. I do think one of those bags may contain what she was actually wearing (since the reported outfit was in the laundry) and/or the blanket she was wrapped in.

Okay, I think I understand. However, the dogs (scent dogs) did follow Haleigh to the river, etc. So are you saying Haleigh was thrown into the river?

No, as I stated I don't know where she was killed. It is possible she was in the water but I don't find it likely. I think that was the freshest trail the bloodhounds could find. It may turn out that the last walk she took was water, but she may have walked back to the house from there. This could have happened before dinner. If she was killed in the trailer, her last live scent from the trailer outside would have occured earlier that day or evening.

LE is always looking at and evaluating family reactions. That doesn't mean that they staged this, I don't think they did. But as the investigation proceeds they are continually watching and noting everyone's reactions to events and looking for anything inappropriate or that strikes a false note.

I think that in this case,dealing with all family members with such a history and Haleigh having a health problem,they could be pushing them more.If psychologists are telling LE how to work it,I have no idea,but it would make sense to me.

I believe I heard this dumpster is at a construction type of site. Among the things that one would expect to find at such a site is concrete block. Did LE ever find out where the concrete block that was blocking the Cummings trailer door open came from?

I don't follow this theory at all. So the killer is suppose to have a response that will flush them out of the woodwork by LE wasting a huge amount of time and money pretending to look for a body in the dumpster? And by taking someone in for questioning? If the investigation doesn't seem to be leading to me or the body, why would I flip out or out myself?

I don't personally think this is a staged event. Nor do I think they will find her body in that dumpster. I do think one of those bags may contain what she was actually wearing (since the reported outfit was in the laundry) and/or the blanket she was wrapped in.

I am hoping towards the theory she is hid,because the bioMom received a letter Feb 10th,of a contempt of court filed agst her,that the $4100 she owed in back child support would be going to court on March 27th,and by 3:00am Feb 11th Haleigh was gone.

I am hoping towards the theory she is hid,because the bioMom received a letter Feb 10th,of a contempt of court filed agst her,that the $4100 she owed in back child support would be going to court on March 27th,and by 3:00am Feb 11th Haleigh was gone.

WHOA! The sets off a hinky meter!

If Haleigh is being hidden because of an upcoming CS hearing then how do you explain JR still being around?

I think that in this case,dealing with all family members with such a history and Haleigh having a health problem,they could be pushing them more.If psychologists are telling LE how to work it,I have no idea,but it would make sense to me.

Yeah but they wouldn't go to the extent of staging a search of the dumpster. You would have X number of officers times their rate of pay times the number of hours they were involved in that search. Too much cost for the chance that someone might act inappropriately. And the fact that it was likely that any reaction they did get might not be enough to bring up in court.

Besides you always have to keep in mind, if someone in that circle did do something to Hayleigh, and if they knew that she wasn't in there, their reactions would be very unreliable. They could be faking concern or could excuse their lack of reaction to the fact that they couldn't bring themselves to believe that she might be in there.

Since three different dogs hit on the dumpster, I do not feel that all three made a mistake. That dumpster might not have been (power) washed as thoroughly as it should have been before it was moved to that site. It would not be hard for the owners of the company to research what locations that dumpster had been at before it was placed at this site. I really believe that the dog hits were good hits, JMO. At some point, I do believe there was human decomposition contact somewhere on or inside that dumpster, just maybe not Haleigh's.

Also, I am extremely disappointed in how this dumpster search was conducted. Remember the game of 'pick up sticks'? I am dating myself here because I played that game as a child. There are long handled hooks that should/could have been used and wasn't. It works on the same premise as the game of pick up sticks. Use the long handled hook and remove one piece at a time so as not to disturb anything that might be underneath any more than need be. That same hook can be used to carefully pick up a garbage bag as well. If the bag is overly heavy or may tear, it can be brought to the side and then be picked up by someone wearing gloves. One piece at a time could have been removed this way.

I wonder if LE was looking for an object rather than a body. Or an object that could have come in contact with a body. I do not have a link because I saw this live on HLN as LE was searching, but I saw what looked like a long cushion ( like from a chaise lounge), or a thin twin bed mattress removed where the top third was missing in a jagged fashion. It was not cardboard. Did anyone else see this? I also saw LE remove a pot that was not placed in the debris pile with the rest of the debris.

I stopped posting the entire time the dumpster was being searched because I did not want to miss anything. I was in shock as to how these guys were searching. I winced with every step they took. LE had not unloaded that dumpster earlier in the search by their own admission, so they could not know what was at the very bottom. Yet they were just walking around on top of potential evidence. How could the dumpster searchers know that they could possibly be walking all over some sort of murder weapon? I just do not get it.

This was without a doubt, the worst spectacle I have ever seen on national TV in the search for clues or the body of a missing and endangered little 5 year old child. I was very upset by it and very angry. As another poster stated earlier (do not remember who), I hope the FBI is still in Satsuma and are giving some very good advice in assistance with this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752