Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

Status
Not open for further replies.
A contempt hearing is to impose sanctions (fines) and attempt to force the payment of CS. CS once found in arrears can never be erased, not even if there were errors made in assigning it per the Bradley Amendment. Even the disappearance or death of the child would not remove the arrears (debt owed). Only payment of the arrears in full will remove the CS arrears from the court's jurisdiction.

Granted probably a lot of people don't know this but I doubt this would be a motive to kidnap or kill one's own child for the most part.

People kidnap and kill their kids all the time over money.

Excellent point. Thank you. I sure would like to see a video of the dogs "hitting".

You and me both! :) I would also like some facts released too by LE :sheesh: They are making our job so hard :D

Wouldn't you love to read the arrest warrant that was based on such a stunt. Well you see your honor, Officer Tweedle over here had the brilliant idea to fake a cadaver dog hit, and then several county employees, while on overtime, hopped into the dumpster on live TV, and we pretended we thought we were going to find Haleigh's body. You will clearly see that _____________ (insert family member name of your choice) did not respond to this fake search like we think they should have and therefore we have probably cause.

So,you're saying that LE never do anything to get answers from suspects,but question them?No psychological profiling or tactics to get information.

You and me both! :) I would also like some facts released too by LE :sheesh: They are making our job so hard :D
Quite frankly, I was appalled last night when I watched the dog handler put a piece of bone behind a pillow and said "search", or whatever. Maybe I'm a skeptic, but I don't hold much credence re cadaver dogs. Scent dogs.... a whole different ball of wax. They CAN follow a scent.

Dumpster Scoured In Search For Haleigh

Investigator: Cadaver Dog Alerts Officers To Dumpster

SATSUMA, Fla. -- There was a new tip and a new hunt in Thursday's search for Haleigh Cummings. Neither, however, provided any new information about what happened to the 5-year-old that has been missing for 17 days.

Thursday morning, several teams of dogs specially trained to find human remains began searching in the area around the Putnam County mobile home park where Haleigh disappeared on Feb. 10.

Nine Putnam County deputies and seven canine teams, some from a non-law-enforcement group called Canine South, were searching "to ensure that no possibility is overlooked in the search for Haleigh.

"Late in the afternoon, three different cadaver dogs alerted on a large trash receptacle in the neighborhood and investigators began a painstaking searching it. After about six hours of scouring through the Dumpster, police said they found nothing that could be linked to the missing girl.

"It could be various items, and may not necessarily be something related to the case," said Brian Selzer, of Canine Search and Rescue as investigators searched through the plastic bags found in the Dumpster.

Selzer explained that the dogs brought to Satsuma on Thursday have been trained to alert only on the scent of human decomposition, not meat or dead animals. He said the dogs could hit on a something a small as a bandage used to cover a person's bloody cut.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18805304/detail.html#-

I would go so far as to say that no court would even consider a hearing on child custody as long as CS is in contempt of court with her child support payments.

They would if the child was being abused.

This Thread is WAY off topic.... I am confused..... talk about hearings, dogs..... other things... can we please stay on topic...

THANK YOU

Hi, Here is post #629 from this thread, written last night by Jat:

"Blood does not decompose. Blood is made up of mainly red blood cells and water. Blood released from the body of a live person (or dead person for that matter) does not produce decomposition fluids.

Decomp fluids are a result of the body shutting down, ceasing to properly function, and the organelles that contain acidic juices in a live person, lyse (burst) spilling out these fluids into tissue cells which essentially rot the body. The body breaks down into its chemical components for recycling."

Everyone, let's stay on topic:

Wouldn't you love to read the arrest warrant that was based on such a stunt. Well you see your honor, Officer Tweedle over here had the brilliant idea to fake a cadaver dog hit, and then several county employees, while on overtime, hopped into the dumpster on live TV, and we pretended we thought we were going to find Haleigh's body. You will clearly see that _____________ (insert family member name of your choice) did not respond to this fake search like we think they should have and therefore we have probably cause.

We know that LE taped Casey Anthony's reaction to bones that were found near her her home. Her reaction was considered significant since the bones had not yet been identified. Earlier she had shown little or no reaction when a bag of bones and toys were pulled from the Little Econ River. Just a thought.

Everyone, let's stay on topic:

Thank you. If I want to discuss something else I will go/start a new thread.

I don't think we have determined yet if these were actually cadaver dogs. Media doesn't always get it right. Could have been scent dogs finding tossed out Haleigh's clothing or something.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/...-Haleigh-Cummings/Rm7jB35cEkKoHQPaTR_4ug.cspx

All I could find so far, will keep looking~ snipped from article:

"The searchers are from “Canine South”, a group made up of volunteers who train and own their own cadaver dogs. They are comprised of dog owners from south Georgia and all over the state of Florida.

One of those men is a Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office patrol Sergeant. His name is Brian Selzer and said his hope is that his dog Eli doesn’t find anything.

I have heard of Brian Selzer and his dog Eli.Very good reviews.Was this dog Eli one of the dogs that made the hit?If this was the dog that made the hit.I strongly believe something was there.Did some one say the dumpster had things in it from a contruction site?Did I hear right a nursing home?Maybe the dogs smelled something if some one died from that nursing home and things were put in the dumpster or it could be from Haleigh.I just don't know.Are they saying any thing new about what happened today with the search and the dogs?

Just noticed looking at the site, that Petco is one of the groups sponsors(IF this is the group) this would lead me to believe that they have received a grant through The Petco Foundation, it's a non-profit that works with various Rescue organizations. My past employeer(Petco)... i have done alot of work with The Petco Foundation and getting funding for 5013c orgs. just thought i'd toss that out there fwiw...
http://www.orgsites.com/ga/dogs-south/_pgg9.php3

We know that LE taped Casey Anthony's reaction to bones that were found near her her home. Her reaction was considered significant since the bones had not yet been identified. Earlier she had shown little or no reaction when a bag of bones and toys were pulled from the Little Econ River. Just a thought.

They did. But they didn't stage the finding of her body, nor did they use it as evidence to arrest her. Playing it for the jury is one thing, basing an arrest on inappropriate reactions is another. SP wasn't arrested because his reactions were abnormal. They needed real evidence. Drew Peterson is the poster child of inappropriate responses, and he is still out and about. I agree that LE will lie to a suspect or play psychological games with them.... I was simply stating I don't think they would stage this type of an event to see how the family reacts. For one why would someone respond if they know the body isn't there, and secondly the reaction with no physical evidence would have minimal value without real evidence. Not to mention it would be playing psychological games with the entire family, not just a suspect.

They did. But they didn't stage the finding of her body, nor did they use it as evidence to arrest her. Playing it for the jury is one thing, basing an arrest on inappropriate reactions is another. SP wasn't arrested because his reactions were abnormal. They needed real evidence. Drew Peterson is the poster child of inappropriate responses, and he is still out and about. I agree that LE will lie to a suspect or play psychological games with them.... I was simply stating I don't think they would stage this type of an event to see how the family reacts. For one why would someone respond if they know the body isn't there, and secondly the reaction with no physical evidence would have minimal value without real evidence. Not to mention it would be playing psychological games with the entire family, not just a suspect.

I don't think it was staged either...ITA. For sure, nobody is going to be arrested on reaction alone. I have no doubt that LE will use every opportunity they can to monitor the reactions of everyone in those camps (including supporters in the crowd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member