Cadaver Dogs Hits and Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this that lady psychic from Ohio - Gale, and her team? They were there searching by the airport over the weekend and had two cadaver dogs with them.

Hi Leila... Yes, this is Gale the psychic and her team from Ohio. From what I've read and heard on their Website, they've been working really hard out there (mosquitoes, ticks, heat). In my opinion, any search is better than no search, and I guess in time we'll know if there's an ulterior motive. Regardless, it’s good to know they’re out there busting their butts trying to help find this precious little girl…

Can anyone verify the reporter saying the smell was strong 30 yards away? Where was this said?

I don't think there would be much of an odor after all of this time.
Wouldn't everything be gone except the bones?
Sorry to sound gross

That's what I heard reportedtoo...thanks for backing me up Floridamom.
This is a developing story still.

No problem!!!

I wish we knew what was going on. I wonder if they are still out there? Cause if they are it must be something as this has been going on awhile now. If it turned out to be nothing they could at least let us know that right away and not leave us hanging. I don't get channel 13, are they reporting anything about it?? If it wasn't an hour away I'd just get in my car and go see for myself!

Not on Google News yet...

Can someone please post a link or something verifying this? None of the local news has this - WESH, Local6 or Orlando Sentinal. I'm dying here.

You know, I don't have a cadaver dog but my dog finds dead things all the time. Are you saying that if I were to search the areas mentioned in FL with my dog yawl would bunk me and say I was searching for fame or press and my dog wasn't legit? They are doing SOMETHING! Give them some credit!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Absolutely... anybody doing this deserves credit even if it is not Caylee, they have been very dedicated to this search for weeks and deserve credit for that.
Sorry if I offended anyone but that is my opinion.

I agree. Who cares what the affiliation is, they are searching!

In this case, I don't think they're going by any sort of revelations. In a recent interview, the lady said they were searching the airport area because of Casey's cellphone pings.

If you've looked at the area surrounding the airport on Google maps, there's a lot of wooded areas to search.

True... I flew into Orlando in July, and from the air the wooded areas do look large and dense, but once you are on the ground, the wooded areas look all the more bigger, with tons of swampiness intermingled amongst the foliage... has to be a harsh environment to search in, that is for sure.

If they find her, then good... that is all that we all want...

if we all just calm down a bit the info will come as fast as they know somthing, we only have a little over an hour before NG is on and I am sure she will be on this like
crazy

I don't think it would. I wonder if the smell from Caylee would still be that strong after 11 weeks, unless she was buried which would slow the decomposition process. If she's buried, how are they smelling it?

I don't think it's Caylee. Probably an animal.
IIRC Cadaver dogs are trained on human remains??? Anyone???

I don't think there would be much of an odor after all of this time.
Wouldn't everything be gone except the bones?
Sorry to sound gross

You would think but then again, we don't know the condition of the area where this occurred. And a few posters said that the reporter was on the air and said he was standing 30 yards away and could smell whatever the smell was.

Between the chloroform information and this possible find, poor poor little Caylee..........

I don't think it would. I wonder if the smell from Caylee would still be that strong after 11 weeks, unless she was buried which would slow the decomposition process. If she's buried, how are they smelling it?

I don't think it's Caylee. Probably an animal.

(snipped)

Despite the long and distinguished history of canines in law enforcement, their capabilities and applications are still emerging. One relatively new area of specialization, that is very promising, involves the use of canines to detect the presence of human remains. Resourceful canine handlers have found that dogs can be trained to detect human remains long after death., despite burial or attempted concealment. Trained dogs are able to distinguish between human remains, animal remains, and a wide range of other odors that would normally be expected to distract them. Thus, their ability to distinguish between sources of similar biological odors enhances their application in the area of Human Remains detection (HRD).

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/cadaverdogs.html

I'm flipping through all the local channels ~ no updates on the airport cadaver dog hit yet...

I guess only channel 9 actually had a reporter out there. They only showed the report once (that I saw) and they had taped off the area and the cops were there. Now we are hearing nothing!! This is so frustrating! I emailed 9 news and asked for a update. I'd at least like to know if the cops are still there or not. You'd think if this was anything the other news peeps would be all over it. So makes me think it may be nothing. I just want Caylee to be found and for all this to be over and done and Casey to fry. (VENT!!)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Absolutely... anybody doing this deserves credit even if it is not Caylee, they have been very dedicated to this search for weeks and deserve credit for that.
Sorry if I offended anyone but that is my opinion.

Also, Gale has turned down a bunch of interviews so I don't think she is weathering the heat, bugs and such for fame. Give her a break.

My hat goes off to anybody who is out there looking. For any child.

Thanks,
BeagleMom

I agree...........the search conditions were described over the weekend, and it's a tough job. It's hot, humid, and there's standing water from the tropical storm Fay sitting.........lots of mosquitos. So I applaud anyone who's willing to participate in the search effort.

Someone posted a scanner URL for LE, at one time... anyone listening to it?

(snipped)

Despite the long and distinguished history of canines in law enforcement, their capabilities and applications are still emerging. One relatively new area of specialization, that is very promising, involves the use of canines to detect the presence of human remains. Resourceful canine handlers have found that dogs can be trained to detect human remains long after death., despite burial or attempted concealment. Trained dogs are able to distinguish between human remains, animal remains, and a wide range of other odors that would normally be expected to distract them. Thus, their ability to distinguish between sources of similar biological odors enhances their application in the area of Human Remains detection (HRD).

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/cadaverdogs.html

As I've already mentioned, these dogs belong to a private individual, not to LE. We don't know who trained them or how well trained they are.

Oh so this is from the psychic lady? I don't mean any disrespect, I am truly just curious- are her dogs qualified like LE's dogs? Can any Tom, Dick, and Larry go out and buy a cadaver dog??

I think they borrowed the dogs. But, I don't know from whom.

They are with the cops, even as I type this.

Oh, PLEEEEEZ let it be so! Everybody need closure. And, the baby needs a decent burial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth