GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

MistyWaters

Reaction score
I must admit, it’s mother and child missing persons headlines that always hit me with a jolt of alarm. But hopefully they’re somewhere safe and only neglected to notify their family.

The Calgary Police Service has issued a request for help from the public to find Jasmine Lovett and her daughter, Aliyah, who is almost two years old.

Lovett, who's described as being in her mid-20s, lives in the community of Cranston with her daughter and usually stays in regular contact with her family.

However, police say she hasn't been heard from since April 16. The mother and daughter were reported missing a week later on Tuesday.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/missing-mother-daughter-calgary-1.5109588

Last edited by a moderator:
Police appeal to public to help find Calgary mother and child

image.png

Her FB (last public post was April 9, 2019):

https://www.facebook.com/jasmine.l.lovett

Her page has lots of pictures of her daughter, some of herself, and some pictures with a significant other. The last post with a photo of her significant other was June 2, 2018. On August 28, 2017, she posted a photo of a ring, and said that he had proposed to her, and that she had said yes. Her daughter was born June 2, 2017, according to another FB post.

Her FB (last public post was April 9, 2019):

https://www.facebook.com/jasmine.l.lovett

Her page has lots of pictures of her daughter, some of herself, and some pictures with a significant other. The last post with a photo of her significant other was June 2, 2018. On August 28, 2017, she posted a photo of a ring, and said that he had proposed to her, and that she had said yes. Her daughter was born June 2, 2017, according to another FB post.

[bbm]

but on June 14, 2016, she refers to her 'fiance' ... not sure if same person or not

As always, I have so many questions. The family is not commenting at this time, and there are no details about where she was last seen. I suppose that means that she and her daughter were alone at home, and now they are gone. Do they have a vehicle? Where is that? What did she do for a living? Where should people be looking? Was there any reason that she would pick up and disappear? Is anything else missing?

Her daughter is almost 2 years old. If she had a fiancé almost 2 years ago, that suggests that at the time that the baby was born, the father proposed. The absence of wedding photos suggests that there was no marriage, but there was a financial obligation. This wouldn't be the first time that a man decided to eliminate a financial problem.

Police do not believe that the little girl is in any danger at this time. It sounds like police may be thinking that the little girl is missing with her mom, that her mom has taken her away. Was there a custody issue?

If she had a fiancé almost 2 years ago, that suggests that at the time that the baby was born, the father proposed. The absence of wedding photos suggests that there was no marriage, but there was a financial obligation. This wouldn't be the first time that a man decided to eliminate a financial problem.

Folks commonly use the term, fiancé, to mean "the guy I'm living with" and not necessarily to mean that there is a marriage in the plans. The meaning of the term has become blurred. Even so, she does mention on fb that she has been engaged since Aug 9, 2015, so that seems rather specific.

I hope the mom and child are found safe.

I disagree, I have lived with many partners over time and I would NEVER refer to anyone as my fiancé unless there was indeed a plan to marry. I’ve never met anyone who uses the term fiancé without the idea of marriage in the future. I do think people use it more flippantly than they once did (I bet calling off engagement happens way more than it used to) so maybe we can see that there were remnants of a rocky roller-coaster type of relationship(s) in her past?

Fiancé or not, it does look like there is no husband in the picture. Sometimes a young father does not want the lifetime financial responsibilities that come with an unplanned child, and eliminating the child is viewed as one way to solve the problem. I hope that didn't happen, and that this is simply a choice the mother made to live elsewhere.

I disagree, I have lived with many partners over time and I would NEVER refer to anyone as my fiancé unless there was indeed a plan to marry. I’ve never met anyone who uses the term fiancé without the idea of marriage in the future. ...?

Fiancée: Long-term girl/boyfriend. Fiancé(e)no longer means "the woman/man I will marry on a specific date" but instead is simply a level of relationship status above that of "girl/boyfriend."

A couple in a fiance-fiancée relationship may live together for 20 years, have children and grandchildren and never marry.

Urban Dictionary: fiancée

But, that's a minor detail in what is turning out to be a serious situation.

"The case of Calgary mother and her toddler missing for more than a week is now being treated as a double homicide, with police saying Thursday afternoon that they have a suspect in custody and it's not the 22-month-old's father.

"We have spoken to the biological father and he is cooperative and he is not a suspect at this time," said Staff Sgt. Martin Schiavetta of the Calgary Police homicide department.

The suspect was detained by police Thursday morning, but Sciavetta said at a news conference Thursday afternoon that no charges had been laid."​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/woman-missing-mother-daughter-calgary-cranston-1.5111113

“Investigators have a suspect in custody for questioning and do not believe this incident to be random because the suspect and victims knew each other,” read the police statement issued Thursday.

“Police are currently working with multiple other agencies to search Cranston and the area around Bragg Creek for evidence. Property owners in and around Bragg Creek are asked to check their property and report anything suspicious.”​

Case of missing Calgary mother and child now suspected double-homicide

Cranston is where they lived. Bragg Creek (next to the Rocky Mountains) is where they are looking for a body. Think of bears, cougars, bobcats, coyotes and other hungry animals in the Spring.

"Police have cordoned off a section of Cranford Court S.E. within a complex of townhouses called Mosaic Cranston. Cranston resident Sami Shariff told CBC News he saw a man in handcuffs sitting on a nearby lawn.

jasmine-lovett.jpg

Jasmine Lovett was living in Cranston, a community in southeast Calgary, and typically has regular contact with her family, police say. (Calgary Police Service)
Other neighbours have said that police have been on-site for several days.

"When I came in here today, I saw this forensic crime scene set up here and that's a little bit alarming because that's not normal," he said early Thursday afternoon.

mosaic-cranston-evidence.jpg

An officer takes photos at a complex of townhouses called Mosaic Cranston in Calgary’s southeast Thursday. (Helen Pike/CBC )

Police are co-ordinating with multiple other agencies to search the Cranston district as well as the area around Bragg Creek for evidence. Property owners in and around Bragg Creek are being asked to check their property and report anything suspicious."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/woman-missing-mother-daughter-calgary-cranston-1.5111113

upload_2019-4-25_16-41-4.png

Bragg Creek property owners asked to look around

upload_2019-4-25_17-28-11.png

Where they lived. It looks like row housing bordered by freeways on three sides. Is this subsidized housing? Who in their right mind puts low income housing (or row housing) in the middle of a bunch of freeways?

upload_2019-4-25_17-31-6.png

Bragg Creek property owners asked to look around

View attachment 181157

Where they lived. It looks like row housing bordered by freeways on three sides. Is this subsidized housing? Who in their right mind puts low income housing (or row housing) in the middle of a bunch of freeways?

View attachment 181158
Not freeways, just boulevards. Those townhouses start at $300, 000, so probably not ‘subsidized’. Looks like a nice area, across from tennis courts and the community centre!

Not freeways, just boulevards. Those townhouses start at $300, 000, so probably not ‘subsidized’. Looks like a nice area, across from tennis courts and the community centre!

Thanks! I see that now. I suppose the idea is that children will not be crossing the street to the recreation facilities without parental attention.

upload_2019-4-25_18-6-7.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann