Calif. whooping cough: 9 dead, infections on rise

Snarky - I really like the idea of spreading the vaccinations out over a period of time instead of giving 5 shots at once. I like this for a number of reasons, but mostly because everyone acts differently to any med.

I know I never react, as a adult, like others do and the Docs ALWAYS prescribe meds that are too strong for me - so I cut them in half, even antibiotics.

Slamming a little baby with 5 or 6 shots at a time just shouldn't be done, for any reason. Docs should think about that......

Salem

Salem, I've never even heard of that, the most my babies got was 2 shots at a time, but they might have been combo shots? Maybe that's what they mean by 5 or 6?

I do agree though. Like I said, My BFF's oldest has autism and when she merely asked for them to stagger her daughter's shots further apart, she got a LOT of resistance from the pediatrician---and she's a GP herself!

Salem, I've never even heard of that, the most my babies got was 2 shots at a time, but they might have been combo shots? Maybe that's what they mean by 5 or 6?

I do agree though. Like I said, My BFF's oldest has autism and when she merely asked for them to stagger her daughter's shots further apart, she got a LOT of resistance from the pediatrician---and she's a GP herself!

My DGBaby got 3 needles at her 2 mo check up...

DTP vaccine (or DtaP, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis)
Hib vaccine (Haemophilus influenzae type B)
Polio vaccine (IPV, or inactivated poliovirus vaccine)
Hep B (hepatitis B vaccine)
PCV (Pneumococcal vaccine)

This seems excessive to me, I had encouraged my DD to educate herself and to get a staggered schedule...

My brother is a Scientologist and his children have not been vaccinated- yet his youngest has autism. I know John Travolta denied his son had it until after he was dead but finally did say his son was autistic. Though he never said his children were not vaccinated- he, like my brother, is a scientologist and they do not allow vaccinations. I know those are not the only two non-vaccinated children with Autism so I personally have a difficult time with the vaccinations cause autism thing. Though I totally respect every parents right to choose what they think is best for their children. My sons doctor wanted to give him xanax for his anxiety, many parents would take it.. I'd rather teach my son how to handle his anxiety on his own because I have firm beliefs about Benzo's that nobody could ever talk me out of.. even if 50 doctors told me I'm wrong, they came out with studies and showed me all the proof in the world that my feeling was wrong. If it's what you (every parent) believe, you have the right to protect your child from what you think may harm him/her.

I understand that the children who are austistic werent vaccinated which is where alot of people stand on the autism issue. Thinking if the child was not given the shots then that child is uneffected by a vaccine.
The fact is your brother himself and maybe his wife were vaccinated for something at sometime if not him then your parent etc.. So it is possible that his sons condition could be vaccine related They have NOT done studies on long term effects of vaccines on familys DNA.
I have exemption from vaccines for my youngest.

I know children die in third world countries from things they can vaccinate from but it isnt just because of the illness.

Lack of medical care and clean water and dirty living conditions plus diet all are factors which lead to this issue. I feel that the doctors and nurses who tell me children die in 3rd world countries must think I am slow an unable to understand what a third world country is.

The stats for a child dying from measles in the U.S are lower then 0.001 percent which are lower then the numbers of children who have an adverse reaction to the vaccine. (I cannot link the stats they came from my doctors who was not happy I asked)
I asked enough questions to make an informed choice and I also had a child with an autoimmune illness (ALL). Who was at risk for all the funs of everything and anything. My choice does have to do with more then just my child ,it has to do with his children and grandchildren.

I know children die in third world countries from things they can vaccinate from but it isnt just because of the illness.

Lack of medical care and clean water and dirty living conditions plus diet all are factors which lead to this issue. I feel that the doctors and nurses who tell me children die in 3rd world countries must think I am slow an unable to understand what a third world country is.

The stats for a child dying from measles in the U.S are lower then 0.001 percent which are lower then the numbers of children who have an adverse reaction to the vaccine. (I cannot link the stats they came from my doctors who was not happy I asked)
I asked enough questions to make an informed choice and I also had a child with an autoimmune illness (ALL). Who was at risk for all the funs of everything and anything. My choice does have to do with more then just my child ,it has to do with his children and grandchildren.

The polio vaccine was developed in the 1950's. The United States was not a 3rd world country in the first half of the 20th century yet people still got polio and died from it. Franklin Roosevelt had polio; he was not living in horrible conditions and drinking bad water. He had polio because he didn't have the vaccine for it. People in 3rd world countries get diseases like polio because they are not vaccinated for it. If these 3rd world citizens had the polio vaccine, they would not have polio. Polio is a HORRIBLE disease and I have no desire to see it return.

Also, the reason why deaths from measles is so low in 2010 is because of the vaccines. Have you noticed how these diseases are so rare now that we have vaccines? It's not a coincidence. Read any literature from 100 years ago and children are always dying of diseases that are now unheard of.

TB, Measles, Mumps, Polio, Whooping Cough (and more) + Vaccines = NO MORE

These innocent babies died because parents of other children won't get their children vaccinated. The basic line of thinking of non-vaccinators is my precious child > everyone else.

Only one study was done that linked vaccines to autism and it was discredited.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back