CAMPAIGN to help Equusearch get more volunteers and news coverage!

Anybody know how many searchers have shown up today? If anyone has the number at the site, please either post it or pm me. I may have a way to get some media attention on this, but want to talk to Tim or his rep first, before I do it. Have left him a msg at office in TX also.

PM Blink34 or Tricia. I am believe that both have the ability to get you in touch with TES reps, especially if it would help gt more searchers out there.

Well if the Anthony's won't do it.... the decent citizens of Florida MUST.....

Notices should go up in all the local supermarkets, pizza places, gas stations.... you get the idea!

These can be printed out on home computers..... does TES have an official notice for the Caylee search? If so.... print that & get them distributed.

Calls to local radio stations to get the word out? College newspapers.... IF the students are back already? High schools? Churches? Temples?

And the most effective tool.... the good old phone.... do your own friends know? Do their friends know?

And I think it's good to make it clear so people know that they don't HAVE to search to be part of the search team. And maybe let them know how many hours they'd have to devote.... if they think they can't donate just a couple of hours they might be reluctant to get involved.

Maybe someone can start a thread so you can keep track of who's covering which locations so people aren't arriving at spots where someone else already covered?

The media is right outside the Anthonys door.... why not take advantage of that? Disturbs me that the Anthonys are not out there every day asking for volunteers... oh wait, they did ask for volunteer personal assistants a while back.

Ok - I know this is a little over the top - but what would it cost to hire a plane to tow a banner over select areas asking people to help search for Caylee? I was at an event last week and saw an airplane towing a banner promoting some sports drink and it was very distinctive - you couldn't miss it.

Here's a list of Aerial Advertising Companies in Florida - Orlando

http://www.magicyellow.com/category/Advertising_Aerial/-state_FL.html

A local company may be willing to absorb the costs as a donation or at least offer their services at a good discount. Don't know how long TES is going to be searching so this may not be practical in terms of time needed to make the banner. Just a thought.

DT

The media is right outside the Anthonys door.... why not take advantage of that? Disturbs me that the Anthonys are not out there every day asking for volunteers... oh wait, they did ask for volunteer personal assistants a while back.

They stopped by the command center yesterday. The search is not about Cindy, George, Casey or Baez. It's about finding Caylee.

Ok - I know this is a little over the top - but what would it cost to hire a plane to tow a banner over select areas asking people to help search for Caylee? I was at an event last week and saw an airplane towing a banner promoting some sports drink and it was very distinctive - you couldn't miss it.

Here's a list of Aerial Advertising Companies in Florida - Orlando

http://www.magicyellow.com/category/Advertising_Aerial/-state_FL.html

A local company may be willing to absorb the costs as a donation or at least offer their services at a good discount. Don't know how long TES is going to be searching so this may not be practical in terms of time needed to make the banner. Just a thought.

DT

This is an excellent idea but you need to convey this to the people at TES. Are you in the Orlando area that you could stop by and talk to them at the Command Center?

Ok, I emailed TES, giving a long list of suggestions for how both local and long distance people could help. I told them it wasn't just for me, but for other people I know :)

For local people, I put that some people could come out, but for various reasons couldn't go out and search grounds etc. I was thinking of people who are concerned about finding the body, and also about people who are disabled and can't easily navigate woods etc., as well as people who can't leave their kids for hours on end. Oh and people who can't be away from home or job for long periods of time, but would be able to run quick errands, picking things up and delivering them, or providing rides to searchers.

For long distance, I put that these people couldn't go to the area at all, but were all people with computers, and familiar with researching information and/or using tools like Google maps :)

I'll let you know what they say as soon as they respond.

If you'd like to send your own personal email, the addy is Volunteer@texasequusearch.org.

I'm so excited!! I really hope I can do long distance volunteering for TES. Not just for this case, but any case.

Ok, I emailed TES, giving a long list of suggestions for how both local and long distance people could help. I told them it wasn't just for me, but for other people I know :)

For local people, I put that some people could come out, but for various reasons couldn't go out and search grounds etc. I was thinking of people who are concerned about finding the body, and also about people who are disabled and can't easily navigate woods etc., as well as people who can't leave their kids for hours on end. Oh and people who can't be away from home or job for long periods of time, but would be able to run quick errands, picking things up and delivering them, or providing rides to searchers.

For long distance, I put that these people couldn't go to the area at all, but were all people with computers, and familiar with researching information and/or using tools like Google maps :)

I'll let you know what they say as soon as they respond.

If you'd like to send your own personal email, the addy is Volunteer@texasequusearch.org.

I'm so excited!! I really hope I can do long distance volunteering for TES. Not just for this case, but any case.

Wow, thanks for doing this. You may have opened another whole new avenue on helping this organization find resources for this search and consecutive searches all over the country. Keep us posted!

This is an excellent idea but you need to convey this to the people at TES. Are you in the Orlando area that you could stop by and talk to them at the Command Center?

No, I'm on the west coast. Could we email them or call? I noticed there are several aerial advertisers in Orlando.

I'm trying to put my energy from my frustration with the A family, into devoting myself today to finding things I can do. I can tell you that it's already making me feel much much better. I have a goal, I'm getting ideas, and I'm pursuing them. I already feel like I'm on the track to helping Caylee.

Caylee didn't ask for her family. I'm just forgetting about the family today, and making this my own personal 'All About Caylee' day. It feels great!

Hope this helps. I highly recommend holding your own 'All About Caylee' day :)

BeanE

I'm trying to put my energy from my frustration with the A family, into devoting myself today to finding things I can do. I can tell you that it's already making me feel much much better. I have a goal, I'm getting ideas, and I'm pursuing them. I already feel like I'm on the track to helping Caylee.

Caylee didn't ask for her family. I'm just forgetting about the family today, and making this my own personal 'All About Caylee' day. It feels great!

Hope this helps. I highly recommend holding your own 'All About Caylee' day :)

BeanE

Great attitude. She needs us. The others can fiend for themselves. She can't.

Ideas sent in my email to TES:

- Can go to the search, and volunteer for activities other than searching the grounds. Some ideas would be:
sorting, setting out, distributing sandwiches and drinks
running errands
'runners' to convey messages and items to people
people with cell phones to convey messages to searcher's families, call local businesses to ask for donations or deliveries of needed food, water, etc.
People with wireless laptops to look up information, research, use google maps to get and print directions and maps
collecting and sorting donated items

- Can volunteer, but are long distance/not in the area/local but can't leave children at home. These people all have computers at home. Some ideas would be:
Developing, printing, copying, sending, maps
Research, looking up information
Making up flyers
Developing and sending press releases to local TV and radio stations, and local online websites, asking for local volunteer searchers, equipment, water, food, socks, bug spray, and providing signup or delivery info
answering emails
answering phones
ordering and having delivered (and paying for) food, drinks, socks, bug spray, energy bars, whatever is needed
local people who can run errands or pick up and drop off items
local people who can provide transportation to searchers

I'm kicking myself for forgetting about people who develop websites, and could develop add-ons for the TES website for individual cases. Update with local info for volunteers, donations that are needed, rides that are needed, equipment needed, etc.

Ok, I sent TTTTeri's post to the Admin of a high-volume reader site I belong to, and asked him to please, please post it.

Also sent to old co-workers with all of our office in FL and asked them to post, pass and send it along.

I'll keep trying to think of other ways. I'll ask my Boss tomorrow if it's be okay to contact my customers in Florida, but I need to clear that first.

I sent an email to TES with the aerial advertising suggestion. Thanks!

Another thought I had too is if you can put the word out in your areas to get people to go. I'm trying to find out if they will be there tomorrow. Will get back as soon as I find out.

Thanks for the suggestion...why didn't I think of that! :doh:

I obviously need to tie the strings on my thinking cap tighter so it won't keep falling off!

Once it's confirmed that there will be a search tomorrow, I'm going to call or email all Jax radio/tv stations asking for on-air mentions asap and as often as possible!

Thanks everyone, I just finally found the cell phone number in my papers, and called TES. Lisa told me only about 100 searchers showed this morning.

A letter will be going to all press this afternoon from Riley Ann Sawyers grandmother (Baby Grace), asking members of the Orlando community to support this search effort for Caylee. Texas Equusearch was so beneficial in helping the family of Riley Ann Sawyers, and continues to this day to support them in their efforts to raise awareness of missing children.

It is our hopes (the foundation we are creating in Riley Ann's name), that a plea from a grieving grandmother, that has faced somewhat of the same circumstances, will move some people to come out to help. Riley Ann's grandmother has agreed to send this letter, and I am in the process of getting together a group of media contacts now. If anyone has any suggestions, please, please PM them to me. She is more than willing to speak to media, etc. Her focus is on Caylee, nothing else, nothing more. She wants to bring Caylee home, as Riley was brought home.

Another thought I had too is if you can put the word out in your areas to get people to go. I'm trying to find out if they will be there tomorrow. Will get back as soon as I find out.

Gee, I can't believe how easy it is to overlook the obvious! :doh:

I just "tweeted" about helping with the search.

Will now post of facebook, etc!

:waitasec:You guys can post on your networks, too!

Breaking News: The Orange County Sheriff's Office is searching for Caylee Marie Anthony near Orlando International Airport this morning.

Sheriff's officers have joined with Equusearch in the hunt for the missing 3-year-old, and have sent their helicopter up in the air to help with mapping the search area.

The search area is located near the airport, north of the Beach Line, south of Lee Vista Boulevard and east of State Road 436.

Individuals that are interested in assisting they should respond to theHoliday Inn Select, 5750 TG Lee Blvd. in Orlando.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/crime/orl-casey3108aug31,0,4991007.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back