CAN - Police run over woman's dog several times, then shoot it

It's been illegal to feed deer in California since 1996.
I found this on it.

http://californiaoutdoorsqas.com/tag/deer/

Feeding deer unnaturally concentrates the animals in a very confined location and increases the potential spread of disease. It also makes them more vulnerable to predation by mountain lions and coyotes who quickly figure out where to find concentrated numbers of deer. CDFW has investigated many cases of deer feeding that inadvertently attracted mountain lions which killed the deer the people were trying to feed.

Collingwood doesn't have mountain lions and not sure about how many coyotes - have heard them a few times but not often. Do not think coyotes are prevalent and all wildlife should have predators to weed out the sick and injured - natures way.

I don't see the deer much in the summer and will not see them until late fall - they have a route that takes them up the 'hill' and beyond - they are following food. If I can contribute to keeping pregnant moms and yearlings alive - I'm happy. I'm in their previous open space.

Animal Control isn't the same thing. They probably would have killed the dog too. I never call them.

I disagree. Animal Control officers are trained to capture animals. Police are trained to shoot and kill things, and that is all they are trained to do. The police should never be involved in these issues.

I disagree. Animal Control officers are trained to capture animals. Police are trained to shoot and kill things, and that is all they are trained to do. The police should never be involved in these issues.

Animal Control is who told her to call the police and look how it ended. I'm not willing to risk it.

This is probably an animal abuser. Theres no other explaination.

From November 12th:

Dog protest held in Collingwood

A peaceful protest was held in Collingwood Thursday night for the dog that was killed by an OPP officer last month.

About 20 people, including the dog’s owner, are protested outside town hall

The Professional Standards Branch of the OPP is investigating the incident.
The officer at the centre of the investigation remains on regular duty.

How sad. Mans' best friend killed by man. I wonder if this old fella was wagging his tail when he was run over.

I ain't calling the OPP if I see a cow on my property again. What I will do is approach the owner myself - although there is the potential for the owner to get their back up - problems all around.

What is the solution? Idk.

What does the owner "getting their back up" mean?

Why wouldn't you call the owner first? Get their cell #.

Police and dogs are a VERY bad mix. Personally I do not want them anywhere near my dogs, I do not trust them at ALL!

Watch this video, a police officer explains why even tiny harmless dogs are often shot to death by police. As he explains often they do it because it is a "fun and free shoot" with no consequences.

[video=youtube;JnfXtOIWJ5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JnfXtOIWJ5I[/video]

In response to the last three posts, using any animal that is domesticated and not a danger to people is NOT target practice!!
Every person in the U.S. who is guilty of using an animal as target practice should be charged with cruelty to animals, and end up with a criminal record for their senseless and asinine behavior. I don't give a flip if they are LE or not!
I lived in a MH park that sat on the edge of town, and the kids came in screaming there was a pig outside. Sure enough, there was. I called the police station, and told dispatch there was a great big brown pig in our MH park. Poor girl said "a great big, brown what?!" I told her again, and they sent the animal officer out. They really didn't know what to do, really, but they never considered shooting him. They asked around, and found out who he belonged to, and came back to talk to them when they got off work. The owners took him someplace else, and everything was fine. :gasp::stormingmad:

P.S. the same goes for Canadians, too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back