Canada - 10 dead and at least 15 wounded in stabbing attacks in Saskatchewan, 2022

MistyWaters

Reaction score
I can’t see that anyone else has started a thread for this horrific event that occurred in Saskatchewan. The RCMP know whom they’re seeking but the two suspects are still on the loose at this time.

“At a press conference on Sunday afternoon in Regina, Saskatchewan RCMP ‘s Cmmdr. Rhonda Blackmore said police were working with 14 crime scenes and that there may be more victims.

The stabbings occurred in James Smith Cree Nation and in nearby Weldon and the Saskatchewan Health Authority has activated its emergency response to handle the large number of casualties.

An RCMP alert around 12 p.m. said the suspects had been seen in the Arcola Avenue area of Regina and said residents should consider sheltering in place….”

I just got a notification about this. OMG!

I’m having Flashbacks to Nova Scotia. I’m guessing they’re brothers?

Why????(

Yes I got a notification in Alberta too, lessons learned by the RCMP I think.

Could be brothers or maybe cousins. Until the press conference I wouldn‘t have guessed there were so many casualties…..although thankfully they didn’t get ahold of guns!

What on earth??

RCMP said in a press conference at 3:40 CT that they found 10 people deceased in 13 locations, and at least 15 people have been hospitalized.
In an alert issued at 8:20 a.m. CT Sunday, RCMP said two male suspects are believed to be in a black Nissan Rogue with Saskatchewan licence plate 119 MPI. As the suspects may have access to a vehicle, the RCMP have expanded the alert provincewide.
"We don't know if they have changed their vehicle," she said.
A 10 a.m. CT update from the Saskatchewan RCMP said there are multiple victims in multiple locations and it appears victims are being attacked at random.
Weldon is located about 50 kilometres southeast of Prince Albert, and about 25 kilometres southwest of James Smith Cree Nation.

In response to the "mass casualties" on James Smith Cree Nation the community, along with the Chakastaypasin Band of the Cree Nation and Peter Chapman Band, declared a state of emergency at noon Sunday.
Three STARS air ambulances were dispatched to James Smith Cree Nation, the first at around 6 a.m. CT Sunday.

Mark Oddan, a STARS air ambulance spokesperson, told CBC News said two of those helicopters were sent from Saskatoon and one from Regina.

The first crew from Saskatoon triaged patients at the scene, and the second aircraft brought a physician to the scene to lead the response.

"...it appears victims are being attacked at random."

Police in Regina were on the hunt for two suspects Sunday after 10 people were stabbed to death and at least 15 others injured in two Saskatchewan communities three hours north of the capital city.

RCMP Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore says the dead and injured were found in 13 locations on the James Smith Cree Nation and in the village of Weldon, northeast of Saskatoon.

She says some people were targeted and others were attacked at random.

Not sure if I'm missing something obvious here, but how can they be saying '10 dead in 13 locations'?

“At a press conference on Sunday afternoon in Regina, Saskatchewan RCMP ‘s Cmmdr. Rhonda Blackmore said police were working with 14 crime scenes and that there may be more victims.“

Crime scenes refers to the locations were victims were stabbed, includes the injured and murdered.

During the PC the possibility was mentioned there may be more victims who may‘ve attended a hospital on their own.

Police in Regina were on the hunt for two suspects Sunday after 10 people were stabbed to death and at least 15 others injured in two Saskatchewan communities three hours north of the capital city.

RCMP Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore says the dead and injured were found in 13 locations on the James Smith Cree Nation and in the village of Weldon, northeast of Saskatoon.

She says some people were targeted and others were attacked at random.
OMG, that's crazy. What a terrible grief for this community. I hope these two monsters are stopped already.

They look like they may be First Nations. Are they targeting people with First Nations ethnicity, because they might think that authorities aren't going to be interested?

And are they targeting any one demographic, or just simply anyone who crosses their paths?

SK RCMP received a report the suspects may be traveling in the Arcola Ave area around 11:45 a.m. in Regina, SK in a black, Nissan Rogue with SK license 119 MPI.

If in the Regina area, take precautions and consider sheltering in place. Do not leave a secure location. Use caution allowing others into your residence. DO NOT APPROACH suspicious persons. Do not pick up hitch hikers. Report suspicious persons, emergencies or info to 9-1-1. Do not disclose police locations.

James Smith Cree Nation looks fairly remote. I suspect there are not many roads out of town.

But drats, the alerts related to the stabbings have also been extended to Albert and Manitoba, so they have probably left town.

I can't quite figure out how the two managed to stab so many people. All I can imagine is that there were only one or two victims in each location and the men systematically went from place to place.
If it was on reserve the houses may be close to each other. A lot of people in the community do not lock their doors. Not sure what the response time is and whether RCMP were on duty at that time.

I see that the chief of the Chakastapaysin Band and several councillors share the same last name as the two suspects. Perhaps distant relatives?

In response to the "mass casualties" on James Smith Cree Nation the community, along with the Chakastaypasin Band of the Cree Nation and Peter Chapman Band, declared a state of emergency at noon Sunday.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sask...p-dangerous-persons-alert-stabbings-1.6572464
The Headwoman & 2 Headmen of the Council all have the same last name as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back