Canada - 10 dead and at least 15 wounded in stabbing attacks in Saskatchewan, 2022

Going through timeline and RCMP response times.

Okay, camera has gone live. No sound yet. Should start soon.
Thank you @MsMarple, for the link to the Live feed of the Press Conference.

What an end to this horrendous case !

Won’t speak to Myles’s cause of death. Was specifically asked about overdose. Given the impression his autopsy results will be released

Officers attempted CPR and live saving measures (won’t answer if Narcan was administered) until ambulance arrived and then suspect was transported via ambulance to Saskatoon.

MOO - the reporters have inside info re: overdose (likely fentanyl)

From the live press conference:

Damien is still considered a suspect in initial homicides. (IMO she could have backed off and said they are unsure/etc but didn’t - they have evidence he was involved)

No drugs found in vehicle on initial search.

Still trying to piece everything together.

Edit to add my source

Last edited:

I am not surprised by Myles Sanderson having a long criminal record. I wonder about Damien Sanderson.

I would not be surprised if they are injustice collectors. Something seen in the past with Uvalde, Highland Park, Buffalo, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Isla Vista, Orlando, Las Vegas, Utoya, Dunblane, Port Arthur, Paris, Oklahoma City, and 9/11.

Not suicide by cop but travelling @ 150km is certainly a way to attract attention.
I’m not familiar with the exact section of highway he was on, but several provincial highways have sections with speed limits of 110 km/hr - and people regularly travel 20km/hr over the limits. I’m not saying 150 km/hr isn’t indicative of him fleeing police and attempting to escape, just trying to give a bit more perspective of his speed relative to others.

Thanks to all of you who are transcribing the conference! What a bizarre story this has been. I was going back on forth whether he'd kill himself or be successfully apprehended and never expected it to somehow be both.

I hope the people on the reserve are able to rest a little easier knowing he's still not on the loose. I live in a small town and know how devastating a single violent crime can be in a little community, and I can't imagine how devastating it has been for them to have so many murders and casualties at one time and caused by people apparently known to many of them.

I’m not familiar with the exact section of highway he was on, but several provincial highways have sections with speed limits of 110 km/hr - and people regularly travel 20km/hr over the limits. I’m not saying 150 km/hr isn’t indicative of him fleeing police and attempting to escape, just trying to give a bit more perspective of his speed relative to others.

This is correct. Speed limit is 110km where the pursuit took place. Rosthern is just a few minutes away from me.

You're still gonna raise some eyebrows going 40 over even if it's not completely uncommon.

I am not surprised by Myles Sanderson having a long criminal record. I wonder about Damien Sanderson.

I would not be surprised if they are injustice collectors. Something seen in the past with Uvalde, Highland Park, Buffalo, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Isla Vista, Orlando, Las Vegas, Utoya, Dunblane, Port Arthur, Paris, Oklahoma City, and 9/11.
I don’t think he was an injustice collector in any typical sense. He likely held grudges and targeted some people on his rampage, but I think he was mostly fueled by rage, grief and the drugs he took to mask that.

I think this situation is going to start many conversations about 1) Gladue Report factors and leniency on sentences and release conditions 2) the conditions on reserves (drug and alcohol abuse and domestic violence are problems on many) 3) what supports need to be put in place to stop the cycle of trauma. The kids are being raised in abusive and unstable environments.

This is a situation where the one guy “lost his mind”. I bet we would be SHOCKED to find out how many Myles there are out there (with his kind of rap sheet). Him going on a murderous rampage is unique, but his story leading up to it isn’t.

Even being Canadian much of this is hard for me to grasp. For those of you from other countries, there are so many underlying dynamics here that are difficult to understand (even being Canadian). I honestly don’t know what the answer to healing is. It’s going to take generations.

The question that I have is was he driving 150 km/hr the whole time that would say if it was more than fleeing becaue yeah, it would definately catch attention. Specifically sections of highway that were lower in speed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back