CANADA Canada - 6 Missing Teens, Pickering, Ontario, 17 March 1995

I agree with previous posts that the DNA profile for this unidentified person needs to be on file in order to enhance the chances of identification.

Does LE in Canada not realize they are impeding identification with no profile to share within Canada and across the border? They have no idea how this person got to where he was found, nor do they know what the missing boys got up to that night.

An election promise was made recently that by 2016 a DNA databank of missing people and unidentified remains will be in place.

Doubt it.

A DNA should have been done on the unidentified person ages ago! I cannot understand LE's refusal to do it...it should be standard procedure. Why did they post an picture of the red levis if they didn't want to jog someone's memory?? It just makes no sense. Was there a reason for NOT doing a DNA profile?

You ask all the right questions grievousangel.

Not only is LE deflecting getting a DNA profile for unidentified and missing people, so does the coroners office. The coroner needs permission? From who?

It's deflection all around - when you have deflection, you have lies. Jmo.

It's impressive how the US has exhumed unidentified remains in order to obtain a DNA profile - before it was standard procedure. Canadians prefer to believe all the right things are done when they need to be done. Thankfully, reality seems to be setting in.

Wow is right.
Perhaps they made it over to the border? Would that even be possible?
I read a comment on one of the news reports that they were wondering more about Jamie Lefebvre one of the boys missing, as he may resemble the Grateful Dead boy, 'Jason'.
Grateful Dead Fan - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
.... if they made it there, one went to the Niagara region and one hitched a ride to the concert?

Do you know which newsreport that might have been? I wonder if Jamie has been suggested to NAMUS and the OPP, or if that was just a casual comment.

I'd sure like to know why Jamie is not listen as a missing person.

The red jeans and remains were found near the Sir Adam Beck Hydroelectric Station on the Niagara River which is actually below (downstream) from the Falls, not "above" the Falls as mentioned in a couple of news articles.
https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2005004299&id=9

It is navigable to motor up(stream), heading southbound, on the Niagara River from Lake Ontario towards the Falls. The river gets rough near Queenston, ON because of the force of the water from the Falls and hydroelectric stations, but I think it's possible that the boys could have made it that far.

Here's a map: http://goo.gl/maps/yTbrR ("Lost Boys", 6 teenagers missing on Lake Ontario from Pickering, ON, Canada since March, 1995.)

Over 40,000 signatures on the petition so let's hope the DNA test will be able to be carried out.

Wow Unscripted, that is mind boggling information!

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/18/leave-no-stone-unturned-in-case-of-missing-teens

From an article in post #24, linked above.

Since the jeans were found above the falls, there really is no chance it could be Boyle, added Gadreau. If bodies were to make it there from the lake, they would be below the falls, he said.

Gadreau is Constable Rich Gadreau of Niagara Region Police. He doesn't know the geography of the area he serves?

Also -

Repeated requests from the Boyle family for a DNA analysis to be performed on the unidentified body, in order to determine if the body is that of their brother, have been refused by the Niagara Police.”

Refused by Niagara Police?

Not true, said Const. Rich Gadreau. In fact, he said, Niagara never received such a request.

Pretty sure Gadreau is wrong on his no request for DNA testing received from the family as well.

And -

St. Catharines Standard reporter Bill Sawchuk interviewed Durham Police Det. Mark Sheridan, who reiterated “the testing done in 1998 determined the bones were between 25-60” and “the location where the bones and the jeans were found defies physics for it to be Jay Boyle.

Ontario has a dismal history of pathologist and coroners reports. Remains in northern Ontario 'determined' to be female when in fact proper testing showed it was a male. Injuries not found at the time of first autopsies and a pathologist claiming children were murdered by close family members when other experts determined the deaths were of natural causes and in one case a dog attack.

Sad when a family has to resort to a petition to get answers from LE. I signed - they deserve a simple 'yes it's him, or no it isn't him'.

It is a huge assumption that the boys were lost on the lake, as nothing was ever found save for a gas can.

A strong possibility, yes, but an assumption nonetheless.

Some or all of the boys could have gone on foot after the boats were sunk, after somehow escaping the water. If they all survived, I'll grant that after all these years, someone would have shown up, but still; ignoring the red jeans and not doing DNA testing to clear things up is just plain wrong, IMHO.

These remains were found practically on the border between the US and Canada. They could be US citizens. Really though it shouldn't matter which country these individuals are from...they have a right to an identity! DNA can rule out so many missing people and possibly give answers to a family ...JUST DO IT!

Wow Unscripted, that is mind boggling information!

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/18/leave-no-stone-unturned-in-case-of-missing-teens

From an article in post #24, linked above.

Since the jeans were found above the falls, there really is no chance it could be Boyle, added Gadreau. If bodies were to make it there from the lake, they would be below the falls, he said.

Gadreau is Constable Rich Gadreau of Niagara Region Police. He doesn't know the geography of the area he serves?

Also -

Repeated requests from the Boyle family for a DNA analysis to be performed on the unidentified body, in order to determine if the body is that of their brother, have been refused by the Niagara Police.”

Refused by Niagara Police?

Not true, said Const. Rich Gadreau. In fact, he said, Niagara never received such a request.

Pretty sure Gadreau is wrong on his no request for DNA testing received from the family as well.

And -

St. Catharines Standard reporter Bill Sawchuk interviewed Durham Police Det. Mark Sheridan, who reiterated “the testing done in 1998 determined the bones were between 25-60” and “the location where the bones and the jeans were found defies physics for it to be Jay Boyle.

Ontario has a dismal history of pathologist and coroners reports. Remains in northern Ontario 'determined' to be female when in fact proper testing showed it was a male. Injuries not found at the time of first autopsies and a pathologist claiming children were murdered by close family members when other experts determined the deaths were of natural causes and in one case a dog attack.

Sad when a family has to resort to a petition to get answers from LE. I signed - they deserve a simple 'yes it's him, or no it isn't him'.

I feel there is something they're not telling us. It doesn't make any sense not to test for DNA. Did they screw up? Where is the body? Something ain't right.

Something ain't right for sure, ~n/t~.

Two sets of remains found on the same day - one with clothing fitting the description of 6 missing boys. If these are 2 of those boys, what will be highlighted is cops are still not communicating between jurisdictions, at least in Ontario.

There is an intake pipe below the falls - maybe more than one. Also intake pipe(s) above the falls. So at which intake pipe were these remains found? I would like to see confirmation of this more than anything at the moment.

It will be a sad day for all if LE and the coroners office can continue to refuse this family a DNA confirmation with this info.

This has gone awfully quiet since the petition which currently has 45,872 signatures.

Hoping it's because testing is underway.

Sadlly I see this in a different light I would love to be wrong but I think its a safe bet they drowned and not all bodies are found that and to many john doe.s that may be one or 2 of them that were found...

Update from the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/lostboys95

Paraphrasing, the Boyle family has been informed by DRP that Forensics are going to try and get a DNA profile to compare the remains to Jay Boyle's mom!!

I hope they will finally get some answers, and if the remains do not belong to Jay, I hope that they will be able to match them with someone else thanks to the DNA testing.

That's great news Hamsterdance, thank-you. Would like to offer a hearty shout-out to Durham Region Police for stepping up and getting this done.

This not the fault of DRP by any means, imo, and it's big of them to put themselves forward in this very public debate. Niagara Region Police have been offered an easy way out - hope they show their appreciation to DRP.

Canada needs a new plan handling UID's and missing people - hoping this is the beginning of better things to come. Jmho.

This is great news. At the time of the boys' disappearance, Jay Boyle's father was a co-worker of mine. He was a wonderful man (I infer, since he has not been mentioned, that he may have passed on by now). My boss gave me leave to take several days off to join in the search and I scoured miles of the lakefront in the St. Catherine's area, looking for any clues -- shoes, clothing, other effects - I brought back any items that might have belonged to one or another of the missing six, but neither I nor anyone else ever found any trace whatever.

We really have no evidence what happened to them. True, they might have taken the boats out to the middle of the lake, capsized, and drowned. Bodies in such deep, cold water sink. But the boat, a Boston Whaler, should not have sunk, and it was never found. Could the boys possibly have gone down the lake a ways, hidden the boat or met up with someone else (known or unknown to them), hitching rides or taking up with possibly unsavoury characters?

Impossible to say. But the fact that the two bodies found were at the top of the falls is not evidence it could not be two of them: they might have got there some other way before they met their end.

The fact that the body had jeans of the same make, size and colour as Jay's -- with a similar belt -- does seem to be a little too coincidental. I hope the testing can resolve this tragedy for his family.

Wish I could be sure the two sets of remains were found above the falls.

Both the OPP and RCMP sites state 'recovered from Niagara River' which is both above and below the falls.

Both sites also state the remains were found at an intake channel - which exist both above and below the falls.

I know the NRP recently said the remains were found above the falls, but that was from someone not present at the time of recovery. Could there have been an assumption made before the recent announcement? Is it possible for anything to move inside the channel from below the falls to above them? Water does as that is what the channel is for.

I don't know exactly where the remains were found since LE is in the habit of handing out incorrect/false info when they feel the need to.

lowered into that thermal band of water to see if at least one boat and possibly remains are there? or some sort of sonar to detect a boat shape?
Jamie Lefevbre is the only boy not listed as missing-the other 5 are on Canadian MP sites. Why the omission? Jamie, as mentioned earlier, is being discussed as a possible match for "Jason Grateful Fan Doe" in the United States (NAMUS.gov UP 6095).
We do not know exactly what "Jason's "face looked like- we are working with 2 possible reconstructions of his face. Jason has a thread under "Grateful Dead Fan" . We do know Jason was wearing FILA shoes (not a cheap brand) size 11.5.
We are trying to spread the word to Canadians about Jason. Over 210 young men in the States have been ruled out as being him. There is a Facebook page for Jason that was set up a couple of years ago.

I don't get the omission either - look what the missing report did for JB.

We are trying to figure out ways to get "Jason's" facial images and basic info into Canada, like on Canadian popular music sites or Canadian sites popular with people in their 30s-40s., especially in the Quebec province. Many working on Jason's case here in the States think Jamie L. has a very very strong resemblance to Jason.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back