CANADA Canada - Allan 'Kenley' Matheson, 20, Wolfville, NS, 21 Sept 1992

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by Danaya, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Thanks for posting the article. Kenley's web site has been updated. I found a few more articles, added them to his site too

Reward. In 2012, the case was added to the Nova Scotia Department of Justice’s Reward for Major Unsolved Crimes Program. Anyone with information is asked to contact the RCMP at 902-679-5561, or contact Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or texting a tip - Tip 202 + your message to 274637

2. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Really good article, thanks for posting!
    From link.
    [​IMG]

Went missing
    Sept. 21, 1992 from Acadia University in Wolfville.
    Born
    May 8, 1972, he was 20 at the time of his disappearance.
    Height/weight
    5’ 9” and weighed 150 lbs. at time of disappearance.
    Interests
    Kenley was an avid reader who enjoyed hiking and dirt biking. He was also a strong swimmer and a Montreal Canadiens fan.
    Facts courtesy of the Cape Breton Post
    http://thechronicleherald.ca/novasc...s-25-years-after-he-goes-missing-in-wolfville

Attached Files:

4. bekblack

bekblack New Member

Hi. Is there any word on the Missing Kenley doc? Like Kenley, I was a frosh at Acadia University in September 1992. My friends and I spent a lot of time on 9th floor Crowell Tower where Kenley lived in his brief time at Acadia before he went missing. I do not remember if I ever saw or met him. I remember talk from the 9th floor guys along the lines of: he was there for the first couple of weeks and then suddenly was gone without a trace. It was discussed in a way that it was weird, rather than sinister.

Every couple of years my best friend and I chat about it. The questions are always the same, “How did he just disappear?”, “Why (though we have no information that we can remember) were we never interviewed in 1992, since we spent time there ?” “Did the police treat it seriously as possible foul play?” I was at Acadia for five years and I have no memories of people being questioned or of it being thoroughly investigated (not to say it wasn’t, but we weren’t aware of it).

My heart breaks for his family. I hope this documentary is, in fact, being made. I’m tempted to start doing some investigating myself. I just dug out my old student directory from 1992-93.

Roselvr and dotr like this.
  5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws bekbak, thanks for the interesting tidbits!

bekblack likes this.
  6. bekblack

bekblack New Member

Thanks! I so wish I had more to offer. I am very interested in knowing where things stand with that doc! I might start Facebook messaging some of the guys from 9th to ask what they remember and whether they were ever interviewed...

dotr likes this.
  7. Roselvr

See his google site that I put together using the google cache of his family's web site that had been taken offline. I've then added to it over the years but haven't in a while because I hadn't seen anything new.

Be sure to see his facebook page run by his sister. You should also hit her up via messenger to see what she suggests you do to help. Forget it, apparently she took the page offline for some reason.

Missing Kenley the documentary FB page is still online, contact them.

I do have his sisters and mothers email addies. I emailed his sister, it didnt bounce. Hopefully she replies. Possible it's just emotionally draining for her. They were very close.

Missing Kenley Documentary facebook page - 8/07/2013

Allan Kenley Matheson Missing Person- Family Run Facebook Page

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    bekblack and dotr like this.
  8. bekblack

bekblack New Member

I will looking definitely try and contact the documentarian via the Missing Kenley page. The family run Facebook page is not showing up. Are you able to see it, Roselvr? I am not ready to contact the family yet. On one hand, if this were my child missing for almost 27 years I would probably be encouraged that people still care, but on the other hand...perhaps they are contacted all the time, all to no useful end and that must be so painful.

dotr likes this.
  9. Roselvr

That's what I said in my last post; that his missing page that's run by his sister is offline. I emailed her but she didnt reply. I know it's a lot on her emotionally as they were really close. They'd be thankful to have his remains so they at least had somewhere to visit him.

Your only option is to contact the documentary page which his sister of not running. I'd do it now.

Let us know it you make out.

MagnoliaMountain and dotr like this.