Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason you assume NO left the property alive? Let's say for a moment that there was blood evidence of 2 murder victims at the house - NO and one of the Likneses. This would mean one of the Likneses left the property with DG.

If you recall early in the investigation and Amber alert, the police suggested NO might be in the company of his grandfather AL. They even went so far as to describe his distinctive walk. They did not say "or his grandmother". Why do you think that is?

One possible theory - what if, in the CCTV footage showing DG's truck, it appeared that there was a passenger in the truck, and the passenger could be either identified as AL or at least a man-sized passenger, so definitely not KL. At that time, police may not have known with certainty if AL went along willingly with DG. Hence the AL description in the NO Amber alert.

Please be assured, I am not at all suggesting AL was part of the crime, only that police may not have known for sure early on. He could have conceivably gone with DG either against his will, at gunpoint, or as a way to try to bargain with DG - maybe with a promise of getting cash from a bank machine or something?

Then, later in the investigation, when the Airdrie property or DG's truck were searched, maybe evidence was uncovered to indicate AL was also dead. Thus the 3rd murder charge, just not attributed to that Parkhill address.

Just trying to make sense of some of these facts.
It is a fairly simple to determine whether there was a Y chromosome present in the blood found. It is entirely possible that initial forensic testing indicated that at least some or most of the blood was from a woman - leading them to determine that KL was deceased. DNA testing took longer.

http://www.fintrac-canafe.gc.ca/re-ed/real-eng.asp

In regards to money laundering, and how it may fit in here.
Early on we were made aware of an ongoing ad placed by KL in an on line buy and sell magazine. She had a buyer for a Calgary apartment building.
My first thought was that as an unlicensed agent, she could circumvent all of the regulations set down by the Real Estate Council of Alberta and FINTRAC in her business dealings.

I notice in the Sungames article linked above, reference is made to Panama and the "Director". In the multitude of links we saw when searching on AKF Holdings, the name MEK is shown as a Subscriber and MEKM as Agent. If you google her full name(s), it seems she is the Director of some government agency in Panama. Any Spanish speaking WSers here who could help out?

http://ohuiginn.net/panama/company/id/542288

This could / would (?) appear to tie Chandran through Sungames to AKF Holdings > AL

I notice in the Sungames article linked above, reference is made to Panama and the "Director". In the multitude of links we saw when searching on AKF Holdings, the name MEK is shown as a Subscriber and MEKM as Agent. If you google her full name(s), it seems she is the Director of some government agency in Panama. Any Spanish speaking WSers here who could help out?

This would appear to tie Chandran through Sungames to AKF Holdings > AL

I remember wayyyy back *possibly even in the 1st thread* when we were all looking at that above link...with all the connections in re to AKF ....

I remember googling NC and finding pictures of him...didn't think a lot about it except he happened to be an 'investor' type person....

It flew from my mind until stan and yourself refreshed my mind...& I went looking again today.....all I could think was....wow...I recognize this guy from somewhere.....

Well now that mystery is solved....it was that 3 week old *or longer* discussion we'd all had .....funny how this all comes around to tie together after all....thanks stan...for all your tremendous sleuthing! Thanks sillybilly for that link again....and the possible 'connection' ...... :)

This would appear to tie Chandran through Sungames to AKF Holdings > AL

I suppose that would confirm that the victim had some questionable business dealings, but I think that is already known.

"The entrepreneur can be linked to almost a dozen companies in the oil-and-gas and construction sectors over the past 20 years. Some of them focused on his patents; others on volatile resource plays in remote Northern Alberta."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...glas-garland-over-patent-calgary-family-says/

We know from the police investigation that the evidence did not lead to a suspect that had questionable business dealings. The evidence led to an Airdrie acreage where one of the people that lived on that acreage was seen in the Parkhill neighbourhood several times on the night of the murder. There are two crime scenes: the Parkhill home, and the Airdrie acreage. Only after police followed the evidence and made an arrest was it possible to offer conjecture as to motive based on the fact that the accused had both a personal and business relationship with one of the victims.

It strikes me as going about in a backwards direction to accept that the accused could have a motive based on a prior relationship with the victim, therefore everyone that had a prior business relationship with the victim could be a suspect, or that everyone that had a relationship with accused could be a suspect. I still don't really understand the reasoning behind setting aside all known evidence, and pursuing business associates of the victim and accused, as the evidence did not lead to a business relationship, it led to a truck that connected the two crime scenes.

Okay...so the area is all private property at this point. Propak has actually occupied the vacant ford lot. Lots of C cans around and some other interesting things I found. In regards to placing a body...there is a new hotel being built directly behind the holiday inn. Its your typical construction zone. Also I found this very interesting that the Agricultural building shares a road way and they have an incinerator on property. Speculate away. These are the only photos I could capture.
ubajy5ep.jpg
jygy6yza.jpg
aga7ynu4.jpg
esady2ug.jpg
its also note worthy that the entrance that was actually blocked was the propak entrance (old ford) there is another entrance to this road right beside the holiday inn..my speculation is if they were searching the area as a whole or any of the other buildings...then both entrances to the road would have been blocked. Today was business as usual at the propak plant...lots of construction activity converting the building into new facilities.

Okay...so the area is all private property at this point. Propak has actually occupied the vacant ford lot. Lots of C cans around and some other interesting things I found. In regards to placing a body...there is a new hotel being built directly behind the holiday inn. Its your typical construction zone. Also I found this very interesting that the Agricultural building shares a road way and they have an incinerator on property. Speculate away. These are the only photos I could capture.

Its also note worthy that the entrance that was actually blocked was the propak entrance (old ford) there is another entrance to this road right beside the holiday inn..my speculation is if they were searching the area as a whole or any of the other buildings...then both entrances to the road would have been blocked. Today was business as usual at the propak plant...lots of construction activity converting the building into new facilities.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and photograph the area! Out of curiosity, did you feel like you were sneaking around doing something you shouldn't do? I suspect it feels a bit odd sleuthing spots where police have previously conducted criminal investigation searches.

I suppose that would confirm that the victim had some questionable business dealings, but I think that is already known.

"The entrepreneur can be linked to almost a dozen companies in the oil-and-gas and construction sectors over the past 20 years. Some of them focused on his patents; others on volatile resource plays in remote Northern Alberta."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...glas-garland-over-patent-calgary-family-says/

We know from the police investigation that the evidence did not lead to a suspect that had questionable business dealings. The evidence led to an Airdrie acreage where one of the people that lived on that acreage was seen in the Parkhill neighbourhood several times on the night of the murder. There are two crime scenes: the Parkhill home, and the Airdrie acreage. Only after police followed the evidence and made an arrest was it possible to offer conjecture as to motive based on the fact that the accused had both a personal and business relationship with one of the victims.

It strikes me as going about in a backwards direction to accept that the accused could have a motive based on a prior relationship with the victim, therefore everyone that had a prior business relationship with the victim could be a suspect, or that everyone that had a relationship with accused could be a suspect. I still don't really understand the reasoning behind setting aside all known evidence, and pursuing business associates of the victim and accused, as the evidence did not lead to a business relationship, it led to a truck that connected the two crime scenes.

Otto, we aren't setting anything aside or necessarily discussing motive, just sleuthing other matters related to the victims and/or the perp. No different than you sleuthing for a dogs age on AL's other business connections. Just sleuthing ... that's it.

The police block was originally put up
u4ajerez.jpg
here...which is the second entrance to the propak facility and is the shipping and receiving yard.

Sorry not all photos posted

That's interesting. I wonder if there was a tarp in the back of the green Ford at any time that matches those tarps. They look very accessible to anyone that can climb a chain link fence.

This could / would (?) appear to tie Chandran through Sungames to AKF Holdings > AL

I speak Spanish. What in particular would you like me to translate?

I speak Spanish. What in particular would you like me to translate?

Thanks Cherchri ... if you could google MEK's full name and find specifically what agency she is the Director of in Panama. Greatly appreciated. :)

I speak Spanish but I'm not sure what you want translated....

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and photograph the area! Out of curiosity, did you feel like you were sneaking around doing something you shouldn't do? I suspect it feels a bit odd sleuthing spots where police have previously conducted criminal investigation searches.
LOL I totally did! I kept thinking "the police are gonna video surveillance my plate and contact me wondering what I was doing there" that being said I was on a public road...just very freaky feeling

Thanks Cherchri ... if you could google MEK's full name and find specifically what agency she is the Director of in Panama. Greatly appreciated. :)

It appears she is the Director of Industrial Ports and she is an attorney

ETA: Pretty sure MEK and MEKM are the same person and the KAA Is really confusing but if you google MEM it appears to be the same person.

LOL I totally did! I kept thinking "the police are gonna video surveillance my plate and contact me wondering what I was doing there" that being said I was on a public road...just very freaky feeling

Sure, bring the heat on us Touch ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member