Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I put up this post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...June-2014-*ARREST*-11&p=10803364#post10803364

because I am really confused about the two first degree charges, and the crime map, and the second degree charge for NO.

It seems to me it should be 3 first degree charges. Does anyone actually understand all of this legal codes? I get so lost trying to make sense of it.

It suggests that LE have what they feel is evidence proving the grandparents were murdered in the home, and the perp went there with the intent to murder them.

It also suggests that LE doesn't have conclusive evidence that NO was an intended target, and that they do not have conclusive evidence of where NO was killed.

I can't actually see any connection between a 1992 arrest for cooking meth for the purpose of trafficking, a motorcycle gang, and the murder of a five year old child in 2014. In fact, members of motorcycle gangs might take offence at the suggestion that they have some connection to a man that is accused of murdering a young child at his grandparent's home.

I think that some are speculating that the bankruptcy triggered the murders. The theory being that given DG's past, perhaps he has some connections that would like to filter money, or would like to filter his own money, through a dummy company. When the dummy company goes under, along with the money, individuals may get a bit testy. They may even get angry, especially if they were told that too bad, it's all gone, if you don't like it, call the police. I understand what Stan L was trying to get across, and he can correct me if I missed something. IMO, I'm not seeing the accomplice angle, but the money theory is plausible. The patent dispute is equally plausible.

I assume LE is pouring through all the financials and will have a complete picture by trial, if there is one.

Yes but if it is not possible to prove NO was killed at that location then he might either still be alive OR he was kidnapped and killed elsewhere which would automatically constitute first degree murder.

A complete lack of evidence is suspicious to me.

It doesn't mean a complete lack of evidence. Perhaps there is NO's blood at the house, but not enough to prove death, and no other signs of death. Perhaps there is also DNA from NO somewhere else like the truck or farm, be it a bone fragment or quantity of blood to prove death etc... It seems they know he is gone, but cannot prove where it happened.

being that he kept his truck in mint condition, d'ya think he may be on a forum for trucks/fords/etc as matt1? how does one filter such a thing? containing in quotation marks narrows it but there must be a simpler way???

Or he is just meticulous... But yes, it could be a hobby.

This makes to me as well. I'm not sure why we all keep assuming it is the two adults that are the two homicides on the crime map.

This also makes sense logically because the intent might be to kill the others first, and leave time to confront AL more directly if he was the main target.

It's possible, but it doesn't seem likely that one of the adults would stay quiet after witnessing 2 murders. It's possible one left with the perp and they left the bodies behind, thus the back and forth to the house theory. I still think quiet of the night would inspire most people to make noise and run if you walked anywhere outside... Or had a chance to bolt from the passenger side... Or attract attention while driving...

I just watched the CPS update from 4 July https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4g3rlvtTBo&list=UUfoP1GiuXF9aMybI8R8OYcQ&index=11

I paid close attention to a couple of things, one being the truck. Andrus says it was "seen several times over the course of the night (later he said evening, but he never said morning) and the course of when the incident occurred." He said they had "taken steps to identify" the truck and were now asking for the public's help. He said there were no images of anybody getting out of the truck, and they can't say if the truck was at the sale. It "was only spotted on the road"--not in laneways or around the back (a reporter's question). "Cameras catch the truck driving through the neighbourhood." "Can't tell if there was more than one person in the truck."

FWIW, he first refers to a "violent crime" and later refers to a "violent incident". He does not deny that there is blood in the house. He says they are "examining evidence to determine the exact nature and extent of the crime as well as who the potential victims are." He is asked about whether things have been tossed around and he refuses to answer.

[italics are mine, added info for clarification]

FWIW, P2 Solutions was established in 2000:

http://www.tradekey.com/company/P2-Solutions-Ltd-8382577.html

I think I actually posted it before and forgot it. I get to hide my own Easter eggs again this year :floorlaugh:

So P2 Solutions has been 'in business' from 2000-2013? Well, he must've been doing something right to make a business thrive *that* long, what's his secret when most other people's businesses fail the first 2 or 3 times upon start up?

it's just sleuthing, in this case who is DG? like silly said about sleuthing the age of a dog. it's not important per se but might still open a sight line into the accused.

Sorry if I came across as rude, I just wasn't following, stan laurel. It was me that postulated about DG possibly being on Plentyofish website and wondered if any local women had been on coffee dates with him.
Is one of the email addresses pointing to him on the Russian bride site?

It's possible, but it doesn't seem likely that one of the adults would stay quiet after witnessing 2 murders. It's possible one left with the perp and they left the bodies behind, thus the back and forth to the house theory. I still think quiet of the night would inspire most people to make noise and run if you walked anywhere outside... Or had a chance to bolt from the passenger side... Or attract attention while driving...

Two words: Duct tape

If this was premeditated to the nth degree, with even the bodies removed to prevent the evidence from pointing to him,(them), why would he talk at all? The burden of proof is on LE and prosecution. Where is the wisdom in ratting out an accomplice, when he is saying he had nothing to do with it?
I think this particular suspect is arrogant enough to think he can beat it. He knows bodies will not be found, and is likely building his own legal defence. MOO

Agreed, whether alone or not, I don't think he'll budge, he knows his rights and the system.

Like bakerlady, I did have a problem with the crime map as it relates to the murder charges. But keeping in mind that LE have released this crime map during an ongoing investigation, we get what they are prepared to tell us. It means nothing in the grand scheme of what they know.

Jumping off my own post .. found another hit for Ranchland Equipment Ltd dated Aug 15 2013 where DG was looking to purchase zinc phosphide, so company was apparently operating 2000 thru 2013:

http://www.chemnet.com/Global/Offer-to-Buy/Zinc-phosphide-260509.html

So 13 years and nobody on the www had anything to say about DG's companies ?? Maybe this guy is just a legend in his own mind.

EXACTLY. He and his business look 'legit on paper' but what was *really* going on the last 13 years? And was he 'legitimizing' businesses for anyone else (maybe other criminals, maybe not if truly a loner)...

Sorry not all photos posted
avy3ybej.jpg
uvevy6yd.jpg

Wow, great photos, thanks Touchtherapy! Looks quite haunting to me, I guess we'll have to wait to hear if this area is connected in any way.

Good sleuthing WS'ers. Bottom line--DG is the killer. Does anyone doubt that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998