Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your line of thinking here, especially if we keep in mind that DG seems too smart to incriminate himself that way. This is what discourages me, considering all the available places in and around Calgary where bodies could be dumped or buried. We have so much beautiful open space. I said a few days ago, with no family, friends or job, DG was free to drive anywhere, even into BC, to dispose of bodies. It would not be difficult to pull over the side of a rural road, drag a body out, dig a hole, dump lye or other chemicals to hasten decomp, and bury it all.

That said, I truly hope the police know a bit more about DG's activities than they have revealed, and that the dead can soon be properly laid to rest.

IMHO
One thing to keep in mind is that the highways have weather cameras even secondary highways have weather cameras. If LE thought he skipped town the traffic cameras could be reviewed along with weather camera's ect. DG knows back roads well but IMO it would be nearly impossible to avoid any sort of sighting on these sources. Also it would be helpful if they had released mulitple CCTV footage of the vehicle. we know he was at the property several times....either througout the night or evening...did the truck return to the property covered in mud, gravel dust ect. That would let us know which route was likely traveled. I am assuming LE has this info and have already tracked the comings and goings. What stood out to me from the footage of the truck was that the individual was wearing a white Tshirt and a wrist watch....where is that wrist watch? Can his family identify if that wrist watch is his? I do believe LE had focused the investigation on the areas that they have information placing the vehicle or DG himself as opposed to running on a thought or hope that their efforts would pay off. One would not make it very far in an older modle vehicle without stopping for gas, we do not see jerry cans in the back of the truck. My assumption is whatever he did the course of the evening/night he was able to do with 1 tank of gas to avoid being traced fueling up. The farm likely has gas on it I still dont see him getting very far without someone somewhere tracing that vehicle back. IMO

Thanks Otto. It is hard to tell where the Garland property ends so I wasn't sure if it was theirs or the neighbour's. It looks blueish in colour so I thought it was an ornament but a very odd one indeed. It does not get any clearer as you move away or get closer on the map.

I looks like a distorted image of a horse at the neighbours property.

One thing to keep in mind is that the highways have weather cameras even secondary highways have weather cameras. If LE thought he skipped town the traffic cameras could be reviewed along with weather camera's ect. DG knows back roads well but IMO it would be nearly impossible to avoid any sort of sighting on these sources. Also it would be helpful if they had released mulitple CCTV footage of the vehicle. we know he was at the property several times....either througout the night or evening...did the truck return to the property covered in mud, gravel dust ect. That would let us know which route was likely traveled. I am assuming LE has this info and have already tracked the comings and goings. What stood out to me from the footage of the truck was that the individual was wearing a white Tshirt and a wrist watch....where is that wrist watch? Can his family identify if that wrist watch is his? I do believe LE had focused the investigation on the areas that they have information placing the vehicle or DG himself as opposed to running on a thought or hope that their efforts would pay off. One would not make it very far in an older modle vehicle without stopping for gas, we do not see jerry cans in the back of the truck. My assumption is whatever he did the course of the evening/night he was able to do with 1 tank of gas to avoid being traced fueling up. The farm likely has gas on it I still dont see him getting very far without someone somewhere tracing that vehicle back. IMO

Is the white spot near the window the broken mirror that neighbours mentioned, or is the window open and that's an elbow poking out the window? I don't see a wrist watch.

Attachments

• canada-missing-grandparents[1] - Copy.jpg
    canada-missing-grandparents[1] - Copy.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 101
Thanks Otto. It is hard to tell where the Garland property ends so I wasn't sure if it was theirs or the neighbour's. It looks blueish in colour so I thought it was an ornament but a very odd one indeed. It does not get any clearer as you move away or get closer on the map.

Navigate a little farther North, and the animal appears to have it's head down eating.

Is the white spot near the window the broken mirror that neighbours mentioned, or is the window open and that's an elbow poking out the window? I don't see a wrist watch.
I have to find the second picture. There was 2 in the original release....now this is the only one i find. Ill come back to this.

UBM

I made the same erroneous connection in an earlier thread. Phosphate and phosphide are not the same material.

Phosphate reacts with water and turns into phosphide gas.

It is in rat poison. The way it becomes toxic is because the water in the rat reacts with the phosphate and creates phosphide gas and kills the rat.

Awesome find PennyM. For those who question DG's intellect - how say you now?

bullish, MSc, DDS, LLB, OBE
^ Just because it's in print doesn't make it true.

I'm thinking DG must be a fan of Frank Abignale, Jr. :liar: He aims high.

He can't have an MSc without first having a BSc, and how is he supposed to have one (a real one) if he was expelled from uni for cheating?

But on the subject of his education, I keep wondering why he went to study at U of A. U of C has a very respectable science program.

Who's a city girl? :)

Haha I totally am. Used to live in Calgary now in Ontario. Don't see many farms. lol.

Thanks Otto, that picture is way clearer. Looks like a horse to me :)

Phosphate reacts with water and turns into phosphide gas.

It is in rat poison. The way it becomes toxic is because the water in the rat reacts with the phosphate and creates phosphide gas and kills the rat.

From the Wikipedia link you yourself provided:

IBM, UBM

"Zinc phosphide will react with water to produce phosphine (PH3) and zinc hydroxide (Zn(OH)2)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_phosphide

Phosphide ... phosphate ... not the same thing.

bullish, MSc, DDS, LLB, OBE
^ Just because it's in print doesn't make it true.

I'm thinking DG must be a fan of Frank Abignale, Jr. :liar: He aims high.

He can't have an MSc without first having a BSc, and how is he supposed to have one (a real one) if he was expelled from uni for cheating?

But on the subject of his education, I keep wondering why he went to study at U of A. U of C has a very respectable science program.

Perhaps he thought that the UofA, which was founded in 1908, was better than UofC, which was founded in 1966.

"Created in 1967, with the first students admitted in 1970, the University of Calgary's Faculty of Medicine is one of the youngest medical schools in Canada"
http://www.homhcp.ucalgary.ca/node/17

Does anyone know if AL's family came back from Mexico for this? Or at least his twin brother? I mean if it were my brother missing/murdered i would be on the first flight back. JMO

Hi, this is my first post. I wonder if the white spot near the window of the truck could be a white piece of plastic of some sort. If it is a white shirt, then it could be a long sleeve white shirt as it appears closer to the steering wheel as opposed to an elbow resting on the window. JMO

Does anyone know if AL's family came back from Mexico for this? Or at least his twin brother? I mean if it were my brother missing/murdered i would be on the first flight back. JMO

I've been wondering that too, and haven't read anything about it. He wasn't at any of the press conferences, and hasn't spoken on behalf of his identical twin at all. I find that surprising.

UBM

I made the same erroneous connection in an earlier thread. Phosphate and phosphide are not the same material.

Ah I see now. That was a typo and should say phosphide as it does in the quote above it. For some reason it won't let me edit it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni