Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only solace I take in any of this is the fact that child killers don't fare well in prison. Child killers that torture a child fare even worse. A sexual deviant who murders and tortures children hasn't got a prayer. The sad part is that the prison system is going to protect DG for the rest of his life. If there was ever a killer that deserved prison "justice" this is the one. Too bad it's not gonna happen.

I'm sure he'll spend the rest of his life alone in a tiny room. He would not cut it in general population. On top of his crimes he is just weird and anti social.

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/nationa...ollected-in-calgary-triple-murder-case-518607

This article says it was pink cloth attached to the chared flesh. Nathan may have had on a pink pajama top still. Ugh.

Here is the quote from the above link:

Oxton revealed more gruesome details about two items found in and around a burn barrel.

"It looked like a piece of burnt flesh but attached to it was a very small piece of a cotton material ... a very faded cotton material. The cotton material was a pink colour and the fragment itself was darkened, it was blackened," said Oxton.

So either he is actually a men's size 11 and therefore wears a women's 13 or he is a men's 13 and didn't know that he'd be a different size in a woman's shoe.

Well here's a pic of his feet. Anyone want to hazard a guess?

[video=twitter;824030806238752768]https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/824030806238752768[/video]

Yes! I'm tall, so will admit to wearing a woman's 12, when I can find them. When I can't I'm a men's 10.5.

Well here's a pic of his feet. Anyone want to hazard a guess?

[video=twitter;824030806238752768]https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/824030806238752768[/video]
Hard to tell from a picture. The angle can make a difference too. Based on the picture i think his feet look proportionate to his size. So if he is around 5'8. (is that correct?) then those don't look like size 13 feet. His feet would look huge compared to him. I could be completely wrong though!

Google "Transvestic Fetishism". This is the beginning of starting to understand what was/is going on in that sick brain.

yes it sounds like he is into this fetish. Blond wigs, women's shoes and diapers. The article I read states some people never get help for this mental disorder - yes they referred to it as a disorder- and it is manageable with meds and psychiatric help.

His parents are damn lucky they are still alive!

Shocked his defence team isn't pleading insanity. Does he think he might beat these charges? Really????

"It is a fundamental principle of the Canadian criminal justice system that an accused must be able to understand that his/her behaviour was wrong in order to be found guilty of an offence. "

With the evidence collected no defense team would even entertain a not criminally responsible defense. I don't think there's any questioning whether he knew it was wrong.

https://crcvc.ca/experiences-of-vic...ntal-illness-and-the-criminal-code-of-canada/

That's the only thing I can think of. If it was guitar string, they'd say that.

IIRC the prosecution asked one of the parents whether DG played the piano

RE: Shoe size

Here is the wanted poster: https://puu.sh/ttGQi/95e3620369.jpg
It lists his height as 180cm (5'10.8".. so almost 5'11) and weight at 79kg (174 lbs)

"It is a fundamental principle of the Canadian criminal justice system that an accused must be able to understand that his/her behaviour was wrong in order to be found guilty of an offence. "

With the evidence collected no defense team would even entertain a not criminally responsible defense. I don't think there's any questioning whether he knew it was wrong.

https://crcvc.ca/experiences-of-vic...ntal-illness-and-the-criminal-code-of-canada/

Defending this freak is hard for me wrap my head around. Basic human
Compassion lacking. Sence of right and wrong missing. How did he turn out like this? Who or what caused him to warp into a twisted psycho? Doubt rehab would work for him!

Maybe that blonde hair on JO`s shoe was actually from one of these blonde wigs.

I know in the Bosma trial they weren't able to get dna from the bone but i believe they did try. Maybe it is possible but not likely.

What i want to know is where are the bones? We learned the fragments found were animal bones. Did he grind the bones up after burning and then dispose of them elsewhere?

I think what they are saying is they didn't believe they were human. I'll bet once the testing was done they proved to be exactly that.

Nathan had orange peach coloured shorts on that day.

JO testified that he changed into pink pajamas. They found pink pajama pants at the liknes home no mention of a shirt. Was he still wearing it? Only DG knows what nathan left wearing.

Backtracking slightly, as I have had time to go through the many posts since the trial began last week, I too have had a hard time believing the victims were alive when they arrived at the farm. The crime scene photos showed a tremendous amount of blood and it would be hard to believe anyone could survive that attack (even police were not sure at the time). After JO's testimony, I think that those bloody handprints will be crucial to the crowns case of proving that they were in fact alive (and possibly conscious) after the initial attack at the home. The vics may well have been disoriented but (desperately) trying to grab onto something in their daze and confusion. Of course, this assuming that they weren't left by Garland himself. I think it would be sloppy of him considering he seemed to be meticulous about the planning, even possibly mopping up his footprints in the kitchen. And today we have heard testimony indicating that they had found multiple gloves at his farm that may have been used in this crime. The handprint theory does not however fit in with the handcuffs that were found in his kidnapping kit. But he may very well have found that they were incapacitated enough that he did not need to use them for the abduction (also there were 2 pairs of cuffs and 3 victims, if he did use them, one person was not wearing them and therefore able to make bloody handprints). Either way those prints will be telling. At this point, the things we have heard, (mannequins, wigs, dental chair) I would not put any bizarre theories past this deranged individual.

Backtracking slightly, as I have had time to go through the many posts since the trial began last week, I too have had a hard time believing the victims were alive when they arrived at the farm. The crime scene photos showed a tremendous amount of blood and it would be hard to believe anyone could survive that attack (even police were not sure at the time). After JO's testimony, I think that those bloody handprints will be crucial to the crowns case of proving that they were in fact alive (and possibly conscious) after the initial attack at the home. The vics may well have been disoriented but (desperately) trying to grab onto something in their daze and confusion. Of course, this assuming that they weren't left by Garland himself. I think it would be sloppy of him considering he seemed to be meticulous about the planning, even possibly mopping up his footprints in the kitchen. And today we have heard testimony indicating that they had found multiple gloves at his farm that may have been used in this crime. The handprint theory does not however fit in with the handcuffs that were found in his kidnapping kit. But he may very well have found that they were incapacitated enough that he did not need to use them for the abduction (also there were 2 pairs of cuffs and 3 victims, if he did use them, one person was not wearing them and therefore able to make bloody handprints). Either way those prints will be telling. At this point, the things we have heard, (mannequins, wigs, dental chair) I would not put any bizarre theories past this deranged individual.

He did not plan that NO would be there so two handcuffs make sense

IIRC the prosecution asked one of the parents whether DG played the piano

RE: Shoe size

Here is the wanted poster: https://puu.sh/ttGQi/95e3620369.jpg
It lists his height as 180cm (5'10.8".. so almost 5'11) and weight at 79kg (174 lbs)

Right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member