Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 4m4 minutes ago
Oxton describes what was found in another box. A number of cotton and leather restraints, straps, leashes, a rope, a brass knuckle #Garland

My goodness. It almost seems like he has killed before having all this stuff like this. I would not doubt it if we eventually find out he had killed another person on that farm.

He sounds more and more like Todd Kohlhepp the serial killer that had rural property where he did dastardly deeds.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-s-kidnapper-confesses-to-seven-killings.html

Its going to likely be a tough (graphic) afternoon Guys.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Const. Oxton moving next to burn barrel area, but that will be after the lunch break as court adjourns to 2 pm. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Lunch break. Back at 2. #Garland #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Crown was about to ask Oxton about evidence found at the burn barrel on the #Garland residence - Judge says good time to stop for lunch.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Cst. Oxton will take the jury through the investigation into the burn barrel after the noon break #Garland -back at 2pm

I don't believe so - not in tweets that I saw.

I've never actually looked for leather restraints at Princess Auto so I suppose they could sell them. What a horrible reason to have your company's name all over social media.

I don't even know what to say about this evidence. If he had a whole box of different types of restraints was he planning to continue doing this to other women?[/QUOTE

Or has he already done this to others?
Re BBM

I know...right. It seems to me he has had some of this stuff long before now. What kind of real monster are we dealing with? Who else did he know that went missing during the years he lived on that farm?

I have found this video that shows exactly what I was thinking he may have used the Acetyln torch he has (the organge cylinders) to make his burn cans into an incinerator.

The only thing they are not showing is he could also feed the flames through a hole in the bottom and it would help everything burn more cleanly.

[video=youtube;D1-_dWOGPN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1-_dWOGPN4[/video]

Damn. This is one twisted man. He had a bloody arsenal at that farm. It does seem like overkill for this one crime - really sounding like there's other evil, twisted stuff in this guy's past. Who the hell is this guy??

I am in shock. There has GOT to be others.
Can someone who is at the trial report things that are not tweeted, say tonight?

Who else did he know that went missing during the years he lived on that farm?

In 2014 Global News reported that investigators were looking into Garland possibly being linked to other violent crimes, including the death of Helena Mihaljevic, but there doesn't seem to be any updates.

Global News has learned that investigators are now seeing if he has links to any other violent crimes, which experts say is common in cases like this.

One of the cases being looked at is the death of Helena Mihaljevic. The 32-year-old was found dead in a rural area near Airdrie in 2007, nearly a year after she went missing.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1472714/police-investigate-if-douglas-garland-has-links-to-other-violent-crimes/

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 2m2 minutes ago
Focus on 3 straps that were still in original packaging. Labeled from Princess Auto. Same items. Part # A516759 #garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Another box found rafters of Outbuilding one is now opened in court-Oxton going through the items-some have tags from Princess Auto #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
We expect to hear testimony from someone from Princess Auto later in the trial. #Garland #yyc

Did they specify that the stuff from Princess Auto was leather restraints? I've seen different types of restraints there but nothing leather.
UBM - This tweet describes them as straps.

I am in shock. There has GOT to be others.
Can someone who is at the trial report things that are not tweeted, say tonight?

If it's not MSM it cant be posted here. Doesn't mean folks cant message others privately by whatever means. It has not been that long that Canada has allowed tweeting from Court. Reporters respect that as we should. I know I mentioned I was at a high profile Ont. case a few years back. We sat behind the Mother and her Partner. I was privy to convo I will never disclose between them. I did come here and report back but nothing that was not heard without the Jury. Just sayin....

Maybe the killer modified those straps. To suit his sick mind/need.

In 2014 Global News reported that investigators were looking into Garland possibly being linked to other violent crimes, including the death of Helena Mihaljevic, but there doesn't seem to be any updates.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1472714/police-investigate-if-douglas-garland-has-links-to-other-violent-crimes/

Wow. Thank you for finding this and sharing. This does look like a possible candidate victim of his.

Sometimes LE will know who did a murder but cannot prove it and so the person remained free because there was not enough evidence to arrest them.

Hopefully LE is still looking at unsolved crimes like this to maybe link him to them.

Wow. Thank you for finding this and sharing. This does look like a possible candidate victim of his.

Sometimes LE will know who did a murder but cannot prove it and so the person remained free because there was not enough evidence to arrest them.

Hopefully LE is still looking at unsolved crimes like this to maybe link him to them.
I wonder if they are waiting for this trial to be completed (with a guilty verdict hopefully) until they lay more charges against him? I think if they found evidence linking him to other murders, potentially making him a serial killer, the release of that information would have turned this trial into a circus, imo.

Agree. Given his age and the degree of this crime? Not his first rodeo. IMO.

If it's not MSM it cant be posted here. Doesn't mean folks cant message others privately by whatever means. It has not been that long that Canada has allowed tweeting from Court. Reporters respect that as we should. I know I mentioned I was at a high profile Ont. case a few years back. We sat behind the Mother and her Partner. I was privy to convo I will never disclose between them. I did come here and report back but nothing that was not heard without the Jury. Just sayin....

Rafferty?

I don't even know what to say about this evidence. If he had a whole box of different types of restraints was he planning to continue doing this to other women?

As I mentioned earlier, I am starting to believe what I was thinking, this perhaps is not his first criminal activity..

Garland must really be enjoying this. Only reason he wouldn't plead guilty. He just wants to pour more salt into the wound. I hope his years behind bars are torturous. I hope inmates and guards hate him. I don't usually want "prison" justice but I don't care. This scum is vile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you

I wish hubby was home. He is at Princess Auto on occasion. Then again it's usually some auto or tool type thingy. I just looked to see if we had a recent flyer. Not seeing one. Off I go to visit my friend google.

I'm really intrigued by what could have been talked about regarding the restraints when the jury was asked to leave. If the Crown, Defense and Judge are talking about evidence that is part of the trial why would the jury not be privy to that information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AggressiveFruit