Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just heard that a family member has punched a post media photographer in the face ... trying to confirm

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

d247496424b3625108a953ce181b0921.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

For all the family, I am so relieved they will never have to endure appeals. now I need to walk away for a bit ..... this has affected me more than I expected.

Hugs for all you wonderful peeps. :grouphug: You made it all much more bearable.

Statement from CPS Chief:

[video=twitter;832704876257828865]https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/832704876257828865[/video]

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 2m2 minutes ago
A sad ending to the #Garland trial. Greg Head, a friend of the O'Briens - just punched a photographer in the face and threatened others.

[video=twitter;832706311506636802]https://twitter.com/NancyHixt/status/832706311506636802[/video]

A sad ending to the #Garland trial. Greg Head, a friend of the O'Briens - just punched a photographer in the face and threatened others.

Isn't that the friend who has some sort of aerial photography company?

Wasn't some of the money that was collected via fundraising spent on Head's aerial photography - something that we know today was pointless?

I can understand his frustration, but probably took it out on the wrong person instead of who deserved the punch - DG.

It is sad. Emotions running high, a camera stuck in the family's face....not totally surprising.

So relieved at the outcome of the trial. It's been a long time since I've cried as much as when reading Nathan's parents statements did. They pain and loss they ensure is unfathomable. They have ensured Nathan's brothers ever have to go through an appeal, they've protected them from that. I hope that is some comfort to them and they have support long term to keep building this new life they must.

Isn't that the friend who has some sort of aerial photography company?

Wasn't some of the money that was collected via fundraising spent on Head's aerial photography - something that we know today was pointless?

Yes it is the same friend.

Greg Head also started a fundraising page for Dalton Bowers as well as others (no link because it goes directly to the fundraising page). He almost looks like a professional fundraising person for victims of crime. That's a bit odd.

This is what I remembered - that Greg Head sought crowd funding and then used a large chunk of the money to pay for a service provided by his brother. This happened after police had discovered evidence of the victims in the burn pit and barrels.

"To think that someone could do that is just … there's a lot of motivating factors and obviously the family is first and foremost. We want them found," said Greg Head, whose brother owns Vieworx, a specialized aerial referencing company with equipment that produces high-resolution still photos and 360-degree imagery

Head is a family friend of the O'Briens, and says he and his brother are determined to do all they can to help the family find out what happened to their loved ones.

Vieworx, based out of Grande Prairie, Alta., collects data from the ground by way of a helicopter using cutting-edge technology."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...help-from-high-tech-gear-helicopter-1.2713772

Garland and defense have some nerve requesting to alter the victim impact statements. By committing this brutal crime, he should have no say in what the families wrote. Another way to control the outcome. The fear that Nathan went through is so sad. His DNA was left as a hand print on the wall in his grandparents house....I hope prison is PURE HELL for Garland! Praying for healing for both families!

Normally I would agree but I think in the O'Brien case Head's daughter and Nathan were very close friends. They must have lived close to each other according to the article.

Greg Head also started a fundraising page for Dalton Bowers as well as others (no link because it goes directly to the fundraising page). He almost looks like a professional fundraising person for victims of crime. That's a bit odd.

This is what I remembered - that Greg Head sought crowd funding and then used a large chunk of the money to pay for a service provided by his brother. This happened after police had discovered evidence of the victims in the burn pit and barrels.

"To think that someone could do that is just … there's a lot of motivating factors and obviously the family is first and foremost. We want them found," said Greg Head, whose brother owns Vieworx, a specialized aerial referencing company with equipment that produces high-resolution still photos and 360-degree imagery

Head is a family friend of the O'Briens, and says he and his brother are determined to do all they can to help the family find out what happened to their loved ones.

Vieworx, based out of Grande Prairie, Alta., collects data from the ground by way of a helicopter using cutting-edge technology."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...help-from-high-tech-gear-helicopter-1.2713772

If you remember this, where is the link?

"This is what I remembered - that Greg Head sought crowd funding and then used a large chunk of the money to pay for a service provided by his brother. This happened after police had discovered evidence of the victims in the burn pit and barrels."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88